• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who dat.

This Garry?

garybusey.jpg

Garry Newell, the guy who made Garry's Mod.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I don't remember any megatons in the past 2-3 years. The last one probably being Portal 2 on PS3 with Steam support.

Knoxcore

Speaking of Cerny though, are people here interested in Knack? It grabbed my curiosity during the PS4 reveal, but the more I look at it the more I think it could be really quite good. I'll most likely be picking it up.

I think Knack has a lot of potential. I think it could be the Ratchet & Clank of the PS4, that is a family friendly game that has cross generational appeal. I look forward to seeing more of it.

Ark

No, I'm completely lost. The only stuff I remember about E3 2010 was Konami related.

Kevin Butler, Gabe Newell on Portal 2, GT5, Move, Twisted Metal.

Yeah it was probably that. 2011 was uneventful and 2012 even more so outside of Beyond and Last of Us.

I think two lack lustre E3's are a decent trade off for an avalanche of fantastic content and experiences at Sony's E3 this year for the PS4.

Shinta

Banned
They seemed to have squandered it in a single day.

It's been building up for years honestly. Dissatisfaction with the lack of exclusives, the lack of innovation and competitiveness in Live Gold, the points currency system, Kinect, 3 years of being the worst console presenter at E3 in a row, Sony's exclusives picking up steam, PS+, PS4's strong reveal, all the bad rumors about Xbox's anti-consumer stuff.

I've been saying for the last 3 years that MS was in the weakest position going into next gen, and that they were going to lose the hardcore gamer. I said this because that's when I migrated to PS3 because of how much they were failing to put out things that spoke to me. Raising the price of Live $10 didn't help. Some people believed me and agreed, but a ton of people could not even imagine it. I don't know why.

Ark

First impression indeed is abysmal but I have no doubt MS has bombs for E3 too.

I have the feeling that we're all underestimating MS again.

I'm not expecting any first-party bombs from MS, because they haven't shown any of that this generation and I really don't think they can show anything that will blow us away. I am however, expecting third-party bombs. Perhaps a timed Bethesda, EA Sports, or CoD exclusive. It's a stretch, but it's a bomb.

Melchiah

Possible, but I am going by what they communicated at their own event, that is the number of IP intenally developed and to be launched within one year. Isincerely doubt Sony has as many goods in their bag, but what they need to do is display 3 or 4 really impressive products that steal the show.

They never said those 15 games would be internally developed, they said there'll be 15 exclusives, of which 8 are new IPs. It remains to be seen how many of them are Kinect games, or smaller downloadable titles.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I'm not expecting any first-party bombs from MS, because they haven't shown any of that this generation and I really don't think they can show anything that will blow us away. I am however, expecting third-party bombs. Perhaps a timed Bethesda, EA Sports, or CoD exclusive. It's a stretch, but it's a bomb.

MS will have some stuff for sure of course. But unfortunately for them I think a lot of it has leaked out already.

Bethesda is the best shot for an exclusive. I expect it to be Fallout 4, which would suck for Sony but it isn't a terribly big deal. Now if it were the next Elder Scrolls, that would be a very bad thing for Sony.

MS will have some stuff for sure of course. But unfortunately for them I think a lot of it has leaked out already.

Really? What about this bold claim of 15 exclusives that they're prepping for the new Xbox? We know maybe a couple of them but there might be an announcement or two from left field.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Really? What about this bold claim of 15 exclusives that they're prepping for the new Xbox? We know maybe a couple of them but there might be an announcement or two from left field.

I think people are putting too much stock in that. Those 15 exclusives are first/second party games. 8 of them new IPs - but again it wasn't said if they'll be Kinect based, download based, or whatever.

For third parties, people have hinted at Fallout 4, Dead Rising 3 and Titan.

Pennywise

Bethesda is the best shot for an exclusive. I expect it to be Fallout 4, which would suck for Sony but it isn't a terribly big deal. Now if it were the next Elder Scrolls, that would be a very bad thing for Sony.

I don't think that's within the real possbilities.
Why should Bethesda develop exclusive if they can make alot of money with the PS4.
Time exclusive content is a whole different story, but even a timed exclusive game could damage the already broken fanbase of bethesda within the sony community.

Hmm, there is Respawn FPS, Fallout 4, Dead Rising 3, Hawken, Insomniac game and League of Legends (lol) what I have spotted as supposed rumors so far.

Tho if they will gloat at having LOL as an exclusive at E3 I almost might have to concider rating it even below the Xbone event.

Soriku

Zeal was full of shit from the start. He heard a few things and twisted them to his own liking.

Yeah pretty much...and I'd put Verendus in a similar boat for now.

but hey listen bro, you don't fly the DIRECTOR of Final Fantasy from Japan (a 13 hour trip), just to get on stage and say, "Please be excited," there is something going on for sure. That is my logical conclusion.

Actually producer, also corporate exec for SE's 1st Production Department.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

CoD is just the timed exclusive DLC deal continuing and EA Sports is just some exclusive DLC for FIFA. Fallout 4 I can see happening though and I expect MGSV to wind up with an exclusive next gen version on PS4, at least timed exclusive.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hmm, there is Respawn FPS, Fallout 4, Dead Rising 3, Hawken, Insomniac game and League of Legends (lol) what I have spotted as supposed rumors so far.

Tho if they will gloat at having LOL as an exclusive at E3 I almost might have to concider rating it even below the Xbone event.

Right and a good portion of those rumors have been echoed elsewhere.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

No that would be a very bad thing for Bethesda. I wish they would crash and burn on something. And I would love for it to be some exclusive dickery that finally punches them right in the face.

I think MS gets Kojima to show whatever he is showing as well.

Probably just MGSV but who knows. Maybe he finally announced MGS4 for xbox one! Maybe they moneyhat something from him. Konami cant be hard to moneyhat.

I wouldn't write off Microsoft just yet. If anyone is going to toss some money around and get something new exclusive game or 2nd party partner its them.

Sony better not pull any "wait for gamescom / TGS" bullshit. Its the big one. They need to fire everything they got.

I think MS gets Kojima to show whatever he is showing as well.

Probably just MGSV but who knows. Maybe they moneyhat something from him. Maybe he finally announced MGS4 for xbox one!

I wouldn't write off Microsoft just yet. If anyone is going to toss some money around and get something new exclusive game or 2nd party partner its them.

Sony better not pull any "wait for gamescom / TGS" bullshit. Its the big one. They need to fire everything they got.
I honestly wonder how much moneyhatted games they missed because of moneyhatting and investing in the TV side *sigh*

klee123

I think people are putting too much stock in that. Those 15 exclusives are first/second party games. 8 of them new IPs - but again it wasn't said if they'll be Kinect based, download based, or whatever.

I wonder if Deep Down will be PS4 exclusive then, since I'd expect Sony to have quite a few third party exclusives other than the rumored FFXV.

Just from what we know so far

Forza 5
Quantum Break
RARE Project
Ryse
Black Tusk Project

And today a trademark was discovered for "Xbox Fitness". And you of course have the inevitable digital titles that they'll develop.

Midou

Yeah, when you consider the 15 most likely encompasses all types of games, the list will dwindle in anticipation.

I don't expect more than 4-5 will be full blown high budget titles two of which are Forza and (probably) Ryse.

Some great new indie games should not be shunned either, but they will not have the same effect or impact.

Hopefully at least 1 unexpected though.

Melchiah

Given how timed exclusives, and even exclusive additional content (FIFA), are often portrayed as real exclusives in these events, I wouldn't rule out some of those 15 being only timed ones.

I think Kojima will actually show up for Sony. The MG Rising partnership was no one-off.

I expect this too. I think they will go for nostalgia mode with the japanese devs, show and talk about MGS, FF, (KH, whatever)

Now only if they could show a good looking Resident Evil!

Rockstar? Maybe.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I expect this too. I think they will go for nostalgia mode with the japanese devs, show and talk about MGS, FF, (KH, whatever)

Now only if they could show a good looking Resident Evil!

Already did... it's called The Last of Us.

Elios83

Full exclusivity is out of question imo.
It's just impossible in the current maket situation. Just think about Bungie and Destiny....which probably was Microsoft's best chance of scoring a 6 months-1 year exclusive and it didn't happen.
Just the other day people were dreaming about EA Sports going exclusive, COD being a next gen esclusive...these things are just not happening.
There's no reason why EA would invest money on Respawn to limit their audience to a single console especially with a new IP which they need to introduce to the broadest possible audience.
DLCs are the only possible exclusives these days, I wouldn't be surprised if Fallout 4 had the DLCs campaigns exclusive to the Xbox, it has already happened with Skyrim for different reasons (LOL). This time at least they would get the money from MS :D
If you want real exclusives you either have to develop them by yourself, or you have to court games that only make sense on your platform (what is happening with indies and Sony right now) or you have to co-develop the game and publish it with a second party contract. This last thing is probably what Sony is doing with Versus XIII but it's more an exception due to the fact that they had a prior exclusive agreement which SE was unable to honor (because they simply couldn't release the game) so instead of making everything go wasted they decided to step in and help them in exchange of next gen exclusivity.
But as I said this is more an exception due to a prior awkward situation.

Pennywise

I think Kojima will actually show up for Sony. The MG Rising partnership was no one-off.

He tweeted about editing and working on a trailer, so it might be just for the Konami pre-recorded show, but it could also mean a new trailer for the Sony conference.

He tweeted about editing and working on a trailer, so it might be just for the Konami pre-recorded show, but it could also mean a new trailer for the Sony conference.

I think it might be a new trailer on Konami show and PS4 announcement and gameplay demo on stage or something like that finishing with exclusive DLC.

Elios83

I thought he said he pretty much considers himself a multiplatform developer these days.
MGS5 at least is a multiplatform game. The days of him and MGS4 saving the day for Sony are clearly gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom