• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Andy Serkis was rocking a Ninja Theory shirt at the Hobbit set.

Believe!

Well to be fair, Andy Serkis is the motion capture/theatric director at Ninja Theory (at least during Heavenly Sword and Enslaved), but since he probably didn't work on DmC, who knows!

MMaRsu

Banned
It really doesn't matter when Sony decides to reveal their own little plans because I can tell you it's not as bad as what we've come to understand yesterday. PS4 is not going to be perfect. They are going to have certain practices which are also, in my opinion, anti-consumer but part of that is just an evolution of things that had started this past generation.

PS Plus is going to have much more value for people in the next generation. There's going to be a massive focus on convincing people to join up to this service, because Sony are kind of banking on the dedicated gamer to bring them revenue from this.

To give you an idea of some ideas for PS Plus (not going to be revealed at E3):

- Early access to Sony Pictures releases. They want to try and build events around these. Once the movie is done with it's theatrical run, and due to be released on home video for example, allowing PS Plus customers an exclusive chance to watch it for a limited time. I know, not a big deal to some, but again represents a little extra value. This will be aimed worldwide so this means Europe, US etc. Not just one region.

- Potentially giving PS Plus customers access to lots of PS1/PS2 games free with Gaikai. Some PS3 games will be charged still. Various discounts related to backwards compatibility also.

More than ever, there'll be a heavy focus on service integration over these next few years to try and build up SEN. Sony Mobile are involved in this endeavour also.

Gaikai, I think, holds the most potential of anything on PS4. In 5 years time, I think it could be a service which is pretty fantastic for some folks.

Also, for folks thinking Sony won't be spending a lot of time on media capability of the PS4, there'll be focus on the PS4's media features at E3. I think about 10-15 minutes or so should be expected at this stage which is a fair bit and a lot be can explained in that time. Add in console reveal, potential partnerships, and you can expect 30 minutes of non-gaming stuff. Remaining 90 minutes or so will pretty much be game reveals and release plans etc.

MS talked of 15 exclusives. This means retail and digital.

If you want to go down that route, Sony has lot more than 15 exclusives planned for PS4's first year on the market. You've already seen 4 retail ones. There's another 4 retail exclusives due to be unveiled for year one release. Add in certain third party exclusives on retail, and then various digital exclusives (first party and third party), and you're easily looking at more than double that amount.

I really don't think it's a problem for Sony to counter that offensive. Number of exclusives has always meant lless in my eyes than what they actually are (I'm expecting almost half of those 15 MS exclusives to be Kinect oriented casual crap which I have little interest in). With more, it just means there is a higher chance of finding something you think is interesting. One benefit I guess.

Kingdom Hearts 3 will be on PS4. It's no secret at this stage that the game exists. The question I think Sony fans want answered is whether it's exclusive, timed exclusive or on multiple platforms. Regardless of when that question is answered, Kingdom Hearts fans will be happy because they'll be playing a next generation Kingdom Hearts after years of waiting.

There is a Kingdom Hearts PS4 game due to be released in 2014. I guess obvious enough which one? Not KH3 btw.

Last bit of info then. I know you're being sarcastic, but Demon's Souls 2 is in development.

So uhm like what are your sources on this man?

electro

Banned
It seemed like people have warmed up to it more since the PS Meeting reveal. If anything its a breath of fresh air to see something like that at a non-Nintendo conference.

I loved everything about Knack. The platforming genre isn't what it used to be, and it's so refreshing to see a visually impressive, interesting, and more importantly, fun title such as Knack on PS4.

I'll probably pick this up day 1 along with Killzone: Shadow Fall, Drive Club, and Infamous: Second Son.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Speaking of Cerny though, are people here interested in Knack? It grabbed my curiosity during the PS4 reveal, but the more I look at it the more I think it could be really quite good. I'll most likely be picking it up.

I'd be looking forward to it more if I liked 3D platformers. It takes a really special one to win me over. It's strange, I love 2D platformers but usually dislike 3D ones. Not sure why.

Bsigg12

Well here's hoping Sony doesn't royally fuck this up. I'll ultimately get both systems, but so far Sony is making the case to be my go to for multiplatform titles.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It seemed like people have warmed up to it more since the PS Meeting reveal. If anything its a breath of fresh air to see something like that at a non-Nintendo conference.

Most negativity stemmed from the fact it was the first PS4 game shown... it was kind of hard to see what was actual gameplay, what was cinematics. In hindsight I think it's pretty cool, but in the moment I was somewhat underwhelmed, just because of how/when it was revealed.

It was a little awkward. But I'm actually really interested. Cerny has had his hands in the mix on some of the best games ever made, so I'm confident this will be charming and fun.

We already have the Cerny method, now we have the Cerny Effect. I absolutely agree though, I'd rather see Cerny on stage in E3 detailing the new UI and such than anyone else. I don't think that's going to happen, but I could be wrong considering that Cerny is the lead on the PS4 development.

Speaking of Cerny though, are people here interested in Knack? It grabbed my curiosity during the PS4 reveal, but the more I look at it the more I think it could be really quite good. I'll most likely be picking it up.

I'm a sucker for new IP, so i'm definitely interested in it. It reminded me of the original jak and daxter (i didn't really enjoy the direction ND took the series with 2 and 3) so i'll be keeping my eye on it.

i-Lo

Honestly, at this point, it's Sony's game to lose, save if MS really gets actual third party games (except if timed), and not just some exclusive "content" for it (like the next Fallout).

Endo Punk

Honest question, but do you think what you've seen from sony so far regarding the ps4 is even remotely similar to sony in those days with the ps3?

In hindsight E3 05 was a lot of smoke and mirrors but man back then I believed it all and was hyped through the roof whereas as now -being much older- Im cautiously optimistic. I definitely felt arrogance was strong in Sony when they were transitioning over to the PS3 but of course they were coming off of the PS2. I just didn't realise they would take it to BS extreme in 2006 with 2 jobs and media centre instead of gaming system talk.

Im glad to see them really pull back and remember that it was gaming that made PS such a popular brand. They have the media behind them I just hope they don't turn into asshole Sony at E3.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
but hey listen bro, you don't fly the DIRECTOR of Final Fantasy from Japan (a 13 hour trip), just to get on stage and say, "Please be excited," there is something going on for sure. That is my logical conclusion.

I actually do think something might have been going on there and a teaser or something got cut at the last minute because they wanted to do a full reveal at E3. Too ridiculous otherwise.

So uhm like what are your sources on this man?

To be fair I would be shocked if Sony didn't have at least 15 exclusives coming.

We already know of Knack, Shadowfall, Guerillas new IP, Driveclub, InFamous, WhateverthefuckthatMMthingwas and PS2 when it comes to the first party stuff. That makes 7 and the only one I am not sure if it will be out within a year from launch is the MM project.

Ark

but hey listen bro, you don't fly the DIRECTOR of Final Fantasy from Japan (a 13 hour trip), just to get on stage and say, "Please be excited," there is something going on for sure. That is my logical conclusion.

That, which I agree makes perfect sense, or Hashimoto was already in the US on regular business that just coincided with the PS Meeting.

But with the rumours about Sony and SE partnering up to make a new Final Fantasy game, I want it to be true.

EDIT:

I've mentioned this before, but SCEA specifically wanted them out there.

Forget everything I just said.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

We already have the Cerny method, now we have the Cerny Effect. I absolutely agree though, I'd rather see Cerny on stage in E3 detailing the new UI and such than anyone else. I don't think that's going to happen, but I could be wrong considering that Cerny is the lead on the PS4 development.

I think Knack will be the dark horse of the PS4 launch pack. It does look a little naff, mainly due to the sub-DreamWorks art style, but Cerny is its director and he worked on Sonic 2, the original Crash trilogy, the original Spyro trilogy and various Jak and Ratchet games - that's an impressive portfolio of platformer programming. Plus we need more light-hearted fare of its ilk in these gloomy times.

Spazznid

Yea looks unique. Props to sony for making different experiences still.

tumblr_mikrjoGwhO1s5i4foo7_500.gif

GAMES...

Games...

I don't want to experience it, I want to play the shit out of it.

How come there are no insiders telling people that Tenchu 5 is being made? Just lie to me. I want to believe.

You'll probably see Shinobido if anything. And that's a better series anyway. It's made by the original develpers of Tenchu. It's the series they created once the license was sold to Activision.

yea I remember reading that Kagari. SCEA guys probably remember all the hooting and howling the Final Fantasy 7 tech demo got at e3 2005 :p

the bloom!

That, which I agree makes perfect sense, or Hashimoto was already in the US on regular business that just coincided with the PS Meeting.

But with the rumours about Sony and SE partnering up to make a new Final Fantasy game, I want it to be true.

yes me too!

I have no problem believing square is in cahoots with sony. As you say, bringing the MAN on stage just to say "please be excited" at the ps4 unveil? Nah, something's up.

In hindsight E3 05 was a lot of smoke and mirrors but man back then I believed it all and was hyped through the roof whereas as now -being much older- Im cautiously optimistic. I definitely felt arrogance was strong in Sony when they were transitioning over to the PS3 but of course they were coming off of the PS2. I just didn't realise they would take it to BS extreme in 2006 with 2 jobs and media centre instead of gaming system talk.

Im glad to see them really pull back and remember that it was gaming that made PS such a popular brand. They have the media behind them I just hope they don't turn into asshole Sony at E3.

The ps3 was a disaster at launch. The price, the games, the pr message...you name it. Arrogance, through and through.

Verendus said:
Kingdom Hearts 3 will be on PS4. It's no secret at this stage that the game exists. The question I think Sony fans want answered is whether it's exclusive, timed exclusive or on multiple platforms. Regardless of when that question is answered, Kingdom Hearts fans will be happy because they'll be playing a next generation Kingdom Hearts after years of waiting.

There is a Kingdom Hearts PS4 game due to be released in 2014. I guess obvious enough which one? Not KH3 btw.
1049.gif

SSReborn

Andy Serkis was rocking a Ninja Theory shirt at the Hobbit set.

Believe!

This was something I was gonna bring up before.

I remember around the time that Playstation All Stars came out I went on the Ninja Theory twitter to see if they reacted in anyway to Nariko getting announced. I remember reading their twitter desciption saying they are the "developers of DmC and Enslaved Odyssey to the West" with no mention of Heavenly Sword at all. Recently however I went to their twitter page and now it says the developers of "DmC, Enslaved Odyssey to the West, and Heavenly Sword". Don't know if that means anything but I did think it was interesting.

I'll prolly flip out when a next-gen Medievil is announced. C'mon Zonies Bring back Fortesque!

MediEvil 3 would be in good hands if Media Molecule developed it I think. They have that eccentric English charm/humour and a knack for creating strange, vivid worlds that would be perfect for the next instalment in the Fortesque saga.

Ahh, a man can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom