• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony on Japanese console games: "Well have some big announcements at E3"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJIzana

It's a 2019 game, so not likely.

Don't Sony always tease games super far from releasing anyways?

God of War, Days Gone, Horizon, FF7 Remake, Shenmue 3, Last Guardian... all 2 years out (or more) from their actual release. :p

If anything, this makes sense too.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Announcements yes. Exclusives, I highly doubt it.

There are already like a dozen notable Japanese games this year that were either completely exclusive to the PS4 or PC / PS4 only. MS has a ton of work to do on that front, 2017 was a major step backwards. Of course with the success of the Switch who knows where things go from here.

mejin

ohboy.gif

ShadyK54

DMC5's time to shine.

Also, the last bit of the article makes me happy.

As for the experience awaiting PlayStation buffs when the curtain lifts on Sony's E3 media event, live streaming from the Shrine Auditorium & Expo Hall (online as well as in select theaters) next Monday, June 12, Layden says to think of it less as a press conference than a software showcase.

"The crowd will only have to suffer I think in aggregate 90 seconds of me," he jokes. "And in the middle will be all the games."

If we MUST get a DMC 5 then please either make it be after 2 or get rid of 2 ala Days of Future Past.

I didn't like the idea of 4 being before 2 so it put me off a bit from playing it.

This is my opinion guys.

I want to believe.

Japan has been making waves this year with the games they've been putting out. I'd like to see that trend continue. I'd also really like to see some dormant Japanese franchises make a comeback as well. You better deliver Layden!

What the hell are you talking about? One of those tweets just links to the article (he links tons of articles everyday) and the other tweet is just a reaction gif. I know yall are thirsty for leaks but nobody's teasing anything lol

I'm going off the deep end, sorry but nobody can stop me!

Monster Hunter Hype!!!!

I may crash and burn but it's E3 baby!

I want to believe.

Japan has been making waves this year with the games they've been putting out. I'd like to see that trend continue. I'd also really like to see some dormant Japanese franchises make a comeback as well. You better deliver Layden!

Post Bokunatsu.

Summon Acquiescence.

Surely not a coincidence.

This is what I needed to hear. Got a rough idea what to do expect from the western developers but haven't got much from Japan except for the usual square enix delays.

Kolx

What the hell are you talking about? One of those tweets just links to the article (he links tons of articles everyday) and the other tweet is just a reaction gif. I know yall are thirsty for leaks but nobody's teasing anything lol

"Just throwing this out there, but if the rumour of MH5 for PS4 is real then I'd actually cry tears of joy and you'd all see me flip out here" then Shinobi replies to him with a gif of someone crying of joy. Don't tell me you can't see that.

jbug617

Banned
Didn't Itsuno said his game is going to be announced this year. Maybe he is overseeing the Western developed Monster Hunter since it's going to be more action focused.

Gurish

So you can throw the "Sony's E3 this year will focus only on their current line up and that's why nothing leaks" out of the window :)

Sony will have a great show that's the most certain thing this year, the current line up that they are showing is already awesome and everyone wants to see more of it plus they will have new announcements, they can't fail.

MattAces

The only reason MH5 E3 Reveal sounds doubtful is that Capcom 'just' announced MHXX for Switch.

Maybe MHXX was never meant to be released for the west.
Therefore they will have that west version of Monster Hunter 5.

I'm just saying stupid things.

KingBroly

Banned
The only reason MH5 E3 Reveal sounds doubtful is that Capcom 'just' announced MHXX for Switch.

I don't see the point in announcing a new MH game that's supposed to be BIG for Japan...at a western event. The idea of it being made by a western developer is an even worse idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom