• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony on Japanese console games: "Well have some big announcements at E3"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time
Ape_Escape_Logo.png

Suikoden_Logo.png

DMC-Brand-Logo.png

250px-Monster_Hunter_logo.png

One of these have no chance whatsoever however

I know there's zero chance that Suikoden will show up... but if it was I'd probably start to cry.

But yeah, an Ape Escape revival would be awesome too.

"Just throwing this out there, but if the rumour of MH5 for PS4 is real then I'd actually cry tears of joy and you'd all see me flip out here" then Shinobi replies to him with a gif of someone crying of joy. Don't tell me you can't see that.
Eh still think that's reading too much into a gif

But sure, if it happens, I'll be crying too

kromeo

I don't see the point in announcing a new MH game that's supposed to be BIG for Japan...at a western event. The idea of it being made by a western developer is an even worse idea

They said something about growing the brand in the west, if they're serious about that then a reveal for PS4 Monster Hunter at E3 would be logical

Ridley327

"Just throwing this out there, but if the rumour of MH5 for PS4 is real then I'd actually cry tears of joy and you'd all see me flip out here" then Shinobi replies to him with a gif of someone crying of joy. Don't tell me you can't see that.

In that scene, he's not crying tears of joy.

wapplew

MH with proper next gen treatment? From Cap "reuse asset remaster everything" com? Hahahahahahahahahahahahah

sinonobu

Banned
MH with proper next gen treatment? From Cap "reuse asset remaster everything" com? Hahahahahahahahahahahahah

I think they will still keep releasing "reuse asset MH" on Switch for domestic sales and try to broaden their audience in the West with MH PS4 + Hollywood movie.

That rumor was even worse: QTE , streamlined gameplay etc . Keep these things out of MH.

It's all about context. It's pretty easy to frame something to sound much worse than it actually is. I'm sure there are a a number of things MH could streamline that the most hardcore MH fans would hate, but almost everyone else (including tons of current MH fans) would love. And it can be argued that MH4 already has a form of QTE in the form of monster mounting.

Honestly, the only thing about that original rumor that kind of bugs me is the reduced emphasis on resource gathering, which I've always considered a pretty important part of the series.

Ridley327

Crossed imaged searched tags for GIF comes up with:

seems pretty telling to me.

It's certainly likely that shinobi doesn't know what's actually going on in that gif and grabbed whatever crying.gif he could get his hands on, but there is clearly not much joy in that scene. That is a guy that just realized he had 30 some-odd years of his kids taken away from him in a couple of hours, and their lives have turned to complete shit in that span.

MattAces

It's all about context. There are a lot of things MH could streamline that the most hardcore MH fans would hate, but almost everyone else (including tons of current MH fans) would love. And it can be argued that MH4 already has a form of QTEs.

Honestly, the only thing about that original rumor that kind of bugs me is the reduced emphasis on resource gathering, which I've always considered a pretty important part of the series.

But resource gathering is the most western game element they could've include.
And climbing watch towers.

It's certainly likely that shinobi doesn't know what's actually going on in that gif and grabbed whatever crying.gif he could get his hands on, but there is clearly not much joy in that scene. That is a guy that just realized he had 30 some-odd years of his kids taken away from him in a couple of hours, and their lives have turned to complete shit in that span.

Well, we are a week away from E3, either we cry like the GIF or crash and burn. But for once this is one rumour Im hyped for!

Name that thing Rathalos and we're good to go.

That's clearly a Rathian my man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom