• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony set to unveil two new games at GamesCom

V_Ben

Banned
: O

Be still, my beating heart. She's definitely not there as a representative of tgc, so I think there's a very good chance she's working with Sony in some capacity.

Well... Ted R, who was a big part of PSN and the pub fund, just left SCEA. Santiago choosing indie games to bring to PSN would be a huge coup.

Edit: if it's a new IP from Japan Studio, and there's an unannounced speaker at the panel, that could be a hint.

I just hope that this Move game isn't some casual shit. The technology is amazing and when used well, motion controls can be amazing. I wish there were more games like Killzone 3, Zelda Skyward Sword and Red Steel 2.

Maybe if those games have family friendly mascots like Mario sure, I just fail to see any significant amount of kids wanting to play those games.
My 5 and 7 year old brothers are obsessed with playing Halo and Crazy Taxi, why wouldn't they like those games?

A Move game? Ugh!!!! Stop that shit and just put away until next gen.

i am not sure if it is GT though. They could have said PD instead of SCEJ. GT Vita would be a big news.

As Yoshida told me that the Move Torch/Flashlight game is still in development, its probably that. We reckon its called 'Until Dawn'.

Please ask him to make a new Colony Wars game, he doesn't seem to listen to me ;(

Until Dawn could be a really good Move game though.

demigod

Maybe if those games have family friendly mascots like Mario sure, I just fail to see any significant amount of kids wanting to play those games.

If a kid goes to a store and picks out a game, sure they'll pick Mario. If you boot up a racing car or fighting game and a kid sees it, they WILL play it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
My schedule says it is.

so a new ip from SCEJ.hmmmm

-PD most likely is working on GT6 for PS4 unless it's something from their Fukuoka studio but I doubt it.
-Team Siren/Toyama just released Gravity Rush,Team Never is in hell with TLG. so both out.
-new platformer from Ape Escape team maybe?
-It also can be an SCEJ project with a third party studio (like Demon's Souls or Soul Sacrifice) maybe it's something with Pyramid Software (Patapon guys)

Zia

Wait, why are some people assuming they're going to unveil the new Media Molecule game? Wouldn't the panelist from MM indicate that that's not the case?

Musiol

Hm, my schedule says 2 unnanounced IP and one new game for Wonderbook. Also yes, there will be BLOPS Vita presentation.

Withnail

Hm, my schedule says 2 unnanounced IP and one new game for Wonderbook. Also yes, there will be BLOPS Vita presentation.

The name of the Wonderbook game is in the list of panel members above.

Could the new IP from Japan be Soul Sacrifice?

Astery

Japan Studio game gonna be a vita game if it's not GT6 considering their lack of budget this gen.

Move ip? I'll wait and see.

Tenki

In the Sony hands-on schedule for the Gamescom, there are two games listed without a final name. They are listed as Move Title I and Move Title II.

I only hope they aren't the two new titles.

omonimo

Banned
In the Sony hand-on schedule for the Gamescom, there are two games listed without a final name. They are listed as Move Title I and Move Title II.

I only hope they aren't the two new titles.
Indeed I'm not that surprised at this point... not remember any special or important announcement in the past gamescom... & sony has confirmed his presence at the last minute...

Indeed I'm not that surprised at this point... not remember any special or important announcement in the past gamescom... & sony has confirmed his presence at the last minute...

Resistance 3, Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One, Slim PS3, Heavy Rain public footage etc.

Tenki

Move games aside, I hope one of them is Gran Turismo Vita. I want to play GT again and I don't have a PS3, just a Vita.

omonimo

Banned
Nope. All those were announced at gamescom.

I don't like to persist but you are wrong. All those game were announced first at the E3, I have a good memory for those bullsh!t, if you don't believe me you can check in the past E3 sony conference. I have just some doubt about Heavy Rain... but surely not at the GC.

I don't like to persist but you are wrong. All those game were announced first at the E3, I have a good memory for those bullsh!t, if you don't believe me you can check in the past E3 sony conference. I have just some doubt about Heavy Rain... but surely not at the GC.

No, these games were announced at Gamescom first.

fixuis

Please stop. Your wrong. Both games were announced at Gamescom and nowhere before that.

Takao

Banned

No, Resistance 3 and Ratchet All 4 One were announced at Gamescom.

I wonder if that Japan Studios game is the game shown behind close doors at E3. A game that even had some video leaked on the internet but was never shown publicly...

And this game is supposed to be? If you're talking about The Last Guardian Sony did release footage of it themselves.

Could the new IP from Japan be Soul Sacrifice?

SCEE and SCEA already announced Soul Sacrifice in the worst way possible - a post on the PlayStation blog days before E3. They brought Keiji Inafune to E3 but having him come up on stage and talk about the game would've meant spending time on Vita.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It's clear Move is a lemon no one really wants to deal with. When Until Dawn comes out it's going to bomb.

I bought Move for Sorcery,but sadly the final version of that game was nothing like E3 2010 demo (they turn it into a mindless harry potter shooter abomination instead of Zelda with magic) so I didn't bother with it any longer.

Software quality is lacking super bad on that thing and they should just kill the support for it at this point (and shift whatever money they're wasting on the move games to Vita)imho.

Takao

Banned
I bought Move for Sorcery,but sadly the final version of that game was nothing like E3 2010 demo (they turn it into a mindless harry potter shooter abomination instead of Zelda with magic) so I didn't bother with it any longer.

Software is lacking super bad on that thing.

Fixed.

Software in general for Move is kind of non-existent. You get the odd third party game that supports it but it's usually in its own guarded off segment not related to the main game at all.

I'd still be very surprised if no New PS3 Slim was announced. Surely... surely the best opportunity to announce it.

They did such a terrible job with Move. Didn't know what to do with it and no good quality software to back it up. I bought one at launch as I was intrigued by it but mainly because I had instore credit to use up quickly and this was the only thing that was out at the time. I enjoyed playing Flight Control HD and RUSE but nothing has made me want to whip it out since then. In fact I had 2 wands at one point, I must get rid of the other at some point. It's well and truly dead. I just hope Sony don't bother with it next gen either, though I'm not holding my breath...

Top Bottom