• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony started accepting digital preorders for PS4 games on SEN and PS Store

djjinx2

Who cares about the hack? Nothing happened. No one was ripped off.

Erm I had someone in America try to purchase $1000 of Motorcycle parts with my CC thanks to that hack!!

I have never been to America
Luckily my bank blocked it.

Stupid I must be though as I put my new card on now lol

Krakn3Dfx

Honestly a little stunned that Knack is a full price title. Was sure it was going to be like Sly and drop in at $40 to boost it's sales.

Yeah, think for $39.99, Knack could be a hit at launch for family purchases. For $59.99, I think they might have a tough sell. Guess we'll see how that plays out.

I think it's : same as PS3 for two consoles, but you must be logged on your psn account for any other one (than the 2).

No you have one "Home" PS4, your main console. On this you can play your games from account X on any account, offline or online.

You can download to other consoles (possibly to as many as you like), but on these you can only play the games signed in on account X.

Whether we can freely switch "Home" consoles remains to be seen.

BigDug13

That part I got. =)
I don't think this will affect me.

But let's say I go to a friends house.
Download Octodad.
Now, I know I can play in my account on that PS4.
But what if my friend wants to play in HIS account to get trophies?

He can with the PS3. Apparently he will NOT be able to do this with PS4.
Am I reading it right?

Yes, Sony is reducing their DRM on digital purchases to be just like Microsoft and the 360. What you wanted to do is not what Sony wants to have happen per purchase.

FeiRR

Banned
Thanks, UK prices on PSN can be all over the place. FIFA is £59.99, but BF4 is £39.99 (typical price but official RRP is £49.99). Some games are £49.99 and I suspect that will be the case for PS4 games.
BF4 is 39.99 quid on PSN UK?! Or are you talking about retail prices?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
That part I got. =)

Download Octodad.

Am I reading it right?

Yes. You will be able to launch the game from any other PS4 in the world using your account, but your account only.

androvsky

That part I got. =)

Download Octodad.

Am I reading it right?

Yup.

From what I understand, it's the same as the 360. Basically, if you want to gameshare, you have to set up the other person's system as your main system, so there's a bit of an extra trust issue involved.

StuBurns

Banned
Erm I had someone in America try to purchase $1000 of Motorcycle parts with my CC thanks to that hack!!

I don't know how you know it was that hack, but there were no reports of theft as a result that I remember, and considering the size of the hack, I think there would have been.

VanWinkle

Posting a picture so people can see:

j9aL7s0N6GMhj.JPG

Mistake? Or did Sony change their policy recently? Hope it's the former.

I think it's : same as PS3 for two consoles, but you must be logged on your psn account for any other one (than the 2).

Nope. I don't think that's how it works with either the PS3 nor PS4.

You can activate your account in 2 PS3s.
Once downloaded, you can play that content with any account in those 2 PS3s.

PS4 seems to be kinda like that.
You can activate your account in 2 PS4s. But now you going to have to name a "primary console".
In the Primary console, any account can play in any account. In other consoles you have to be logged in the buying account.

Radec

Atleast now its confirmed that games and dlcs are still shareable upto 2 consoles.

Bring it on season passes! I got you 50% off.

Guymelef

That part I got. =)

Download Octodad.

Am I reading it right?

First line implies that you don't have to associate a PS4 to play your game library, only login with your account.
In PS3 you have to unlink a console before play your digital games on a third console.

Second line it's lik PS3 works, you can have two consoles and don't need login with the account that purchased the game.

What it's unknown is if the second line is a simple copy and paste or also applies for PS4.

FeiRR

Banned

How do you know it was because of the hack? My CC was recently copied at a supermarket. I was standing next to the terminal, I put the card there myself, the shop assistant didn't even touch it. It was a big supermarket chain, they have cameras everywhere. I had to cancel the card. Fortunately nothing was stolen from it. It can happen anywhere. Don't think you're safe...

Yes. You will be able to launch the game from any other PS4 in the world using your account, but your account only.

Yup.

From what I understand, it's the same as the 360. Basically, if you want to gameshare, you have to set up the other person's system as your main system, so there's a bit of an extra trust issue involved.

Thanks guys. That's not bad actually.
But would I need to be online in the secondary console? Or just using my account would be enough?

Yes, Sony is reducing their DRM on digital purchases to be just like Microsoft and the 360. What you wanted to do is not what Sony wants to have happen per purchase.

I don't want anything, buddy. lol
My PS3 digital content is my own and I don't share it.
I was just curious.

Posting a picture so people can see:

j9aL7s0N6GMhj.JPG

Mistake? Or did Sony change their policy recently? Hope it's the former.

Urgh. Let's hope mistake, shall we?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

BULLSHIT

You use that card in more than 1 area.. All of which could play a part in that.

First line implies that you don't have to associate a PS4 to play your game library, only login with your account.
In PS3 you have to unlink a console before play your digital games on a third console.

Second line it's lik PS3 works, you can have two consoles and don't need login with the account that purchased the game.

What it's unknown is if the second line is a simple copy and paste or also applies for PS4.

Hum... so you think the whole activation deal is gonna go away?
As long as I'm connected in my account I would be able to download and play my content in like 10 PS4s?
I don't see this happening. Too easy to exploit. People would game share with other people from different timezones. As long as they did not want to play at the same time, you could share a account with 4 or 5 people.

I think the 2 console limit is going to stay.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That Warframe part could be fake. Or real. I hope it doesn't require it but it's up to the devs. I will have Plus anyways so I'm not worried.

EvB

Yup.

And there is no way that both users can play the same game at the same time while they are online.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hmm so I wonder, if I buy the digital PS3 version of Battlefield 4, will the BF4 for PS4 pre-order price change to $10 right when they put it up?

EDIT: also they don't charge your card until launch right?

Mister D

Let me know when I can preorder BF4 you bastards. So I can ensure that I get the China Rising DLC, have the game digitally on my PS4 and not have to sully my eyeballs with the current gen version. ( =

Aesthet1c

Let me know when I can preorder BF4 you bastards. So I can ensure that I get the China Rising DLC, have the game digitally on my PS4 and not have to sully my eyeballs with the current gen version. ( =

Yeah I'm also hoping for this. I really don't want to buy any discs next gen, but I want the China Rising. Digital editions better come with the pre-order bonuses.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Hum... so you think the whole activation deal is gonna go away?
As long as I'm connected in my account I would be able to download and play my content in like 10 PS4s?
I don't see this happening. Too easy to exploit. People would game share with other people from different timezones. As long as they did not want to play at the same time, you could share a account with 4 or 5 people.

I think the 2 console limit is going to stay.
Yes, they're dumping the PS3 DRM model and switching to a 360 style DRM of 1 home console that houses all your offline licenses + a roaming license that lets you access your games on any console as long as you remain signed in to PSN.

You can visit your friends house you can log into your account and play any game from your digital library, which is good.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619311

Mrbob

Warframe is a cool game. Played it a bit on PC. It's my dark horse pick for launch game which will generate the most amount of surprise hype. Worth the pre order for the free goodies. Wonder if I can transfer over my PC account to PS4?

softie

And there is no way that both users can play the same game at the same time while they are online.

Eh, it was always like this for PS3 and PSP. Before Nov. 2011 it was even 5 PS3s simultanously online with only one purchased game, now it's two.

On PS4 it's also two PS4s at the same time, but one HAS to be the account that purchased the game. On PS3 it can be ANY to accounts.

Guymelef

Top Bottom