• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony teasing The Order sneak peak at 1pm PT today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahmIsJO.png

^ This is what some of you is calling a "downgrade"? What the hell people? I call this a upgrade!

The light going through her eye in the latest build....hnnngg. Can't wait for Tuesday's HQ video.

jayu26

This thread is making my head hurt.

I'm glad you posted, because you're a great example of what I was speaking about above. Literally everything Sony related I can remember from you is negative, and unsurprisingly the opposite for the other platform…

And then you have shit like this…
Nice, nib95 putting in detective work.

StuBurns

Banned
It was about the principle behind it, not the release itself. For one platform or franchise, remakes are something he won't support and frowns upon, but for another, it's hype worthy and great.

He didn't agree with the Uncharted 1-3 remasters either. But I'm sure he'll come up with some double standards discrepancy that justifies the difference in opinion.
I read it as single 'Definitve Editions' was a bad trend, TLoU being the second one after Tomb Raider. Packaged HD Remasters is hardly an emerging trend, so that comment wouldn't make much sense in that context.

However, if he said it about an Uncharted package too, fair enough, that's certainly hypocritical.

Jigolo

You guys know that "HQ" video is likely just a standard youtube video like the last showing of driveclub

Not exact;y what you would call HQ

Graphically it looks great, the gameplay wasn't looking too interesting though. I hope we get a good demo at E3, that way we can finally know a bit more about this game.

The light going through her eye in the latest build....hnnngg. Can't wait for Tuesday's HQ video.

Oh, we're getting more videos? Or is it just a better quality version of what was streamed?

Now there's a downgrade? I can't tell if ppl are trolling or are seriously that dumb. Can't take much more of this thread lol, I'm out

People are concern trolling the graphics pretty hard, which is hilarious being that they are the closest thing ever to full blown cgi that we've ever witnessed in a console game, even surpassing Ryse's amazing graphics.

It's fine to complain about the linearity of the gameplay. That seems like a legitimate complaint from what we've seen of the game thus far.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You guys know that "HQ" video is likely just a standard youtube video like the last showing of driveclub

Not exact;y what you would call HQ

Blimblim would like to remind you of the existence of Gamersyde.

Graphically it looks great, the gameplay wasn't looking too interesting though. I hope we get a good demo at E3, that way we can finally know a bit more about this game.

Oh, we're getting more videos? Or is it just a better quality version of what was streamed?

I think just a better quality of yesterday's.

We might get more since previews are going up, right?

Guessing it's just a higher quality version.
shinobi.png

Zok310

Banned
The character models look much better, the environment was always a concern in this game so that part is still consistent. And the gameplay does look generic but i have faith in this studio, their PSP games were no joke. I mean they made GOW a success on the PSP.

I guess the lesson here is don't put you reveal on Twitch. I think we can all agree that this was a stupid move.
Hopefully after the weekend they realize their error and put up a direct feed of what they aired on Twitch, thereby redeemed.

It's like they took all the visual power from the clothes, and put them on the face. The faces look better IMO, but in the process, they made the jackets too plain. Was digging all the chains, buttons and tassels and shit on the original models.

I can't find the tweet, but the game director said the clothes were changed to better fit the story here. These are like combat uniforms. The others are ceremonial and will be seen elsewhere.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm glad you posted, because you're a great example of what I was speaking about above. Literally everything Sony related I can remember from you is negative, and unsurprisingly the opposite for the other platform…

i0L95jOFukR6.gif

Abdiel

I'd say detective GAF on the case, but seriously. It's just so blatantly obvious, and honestly, really sad. Are people just making obscene generalizations of the Twitch stream, and ignoring the fact that the developers said that they actually changed which uniforms they're wearing in that scene, which was changed from the earlier shot?

Honestly, people. Give it a damn break. The faux-righteous 'indignation' here is getting depressingly bad. And I thought the Digital Foundry vs MK8 thread was full of just... dumb posts.

Game design is a tough balancing act. In reality the opponents would not likely jump out like that. Out of pure self-preservation they'd most likely remain behind cover of the walls of the building, peeking out from the window to fire a couple shots. These would be quick peeks as well. In reality, your allies would probably down a lot more of your enemies as well...it wouldn't be all on you, right? But this isn't reality though there is an effort to draw from it. The enemy has to expose himself, so the player can have something to do and have some sense of accomplishment. Otherwise, you'd have a game of nothing but suppressive fire as most wouldn't have the time or the skill to defeat most enemies, or put themselves in a situation where their ammo is gone from trying. The drag scene is short and represents an attempt at tension by hampering movement and aiming capability. You've disabled the player, but you need to strike a balance where they don't feel overwhelmed. One reason for channeling guys in one spot, is so you can have some degree of management. They're still shooting, and you still have to aim, but you're not scanning all over the screen looking for that lone gunman. In reality, you would have more sensory cues (wider field of vision. audio cues, smell, touch etc). In a game, your field of view is lessened, your auditory cues are limited, there is no touch, there is no smell. In a reality-based situation, the constable, Gallahad, and whoever was helping him, would have likely been gunned down. Its a game and player is involved; concessions are made.

I come in peace, and don't intend to insult your intelligence: written words can obfuscate tone. I also accept that you are entitled to your opinion and your feelings on the game; and am not trying to persuade you to 'like' it as I feel such attempts are futile...How do you convince someone to 'like' eggs if they don't. I often hear comments about AI or rather the lack thereof and I think sometimes people don't take the time to think out why it is, what it entails, before they place expectations on it.
Excellent post.

Venturer

Lol this is great, i guess they didn't see my previous comparisons.

iRh0NPmyZN0Tp.png

An9XPVa.jpg

The Order running on a supercomputer confirmed.
comparison1fuupc.png

comp3s2qgt.png

comparison2c4oa6.png

Wow, you went to all this effort to compare high resolution footage to a low quality compressed twitch stream and prove nothing?

The sony hate is strong in this one.

PS. The uniforms were changed to suit the environment not for graphical reasons this was stated by a developer on twitter and personally the faces actually look more realistic without even taking into account the footage quality.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the detectivegaf stuff is a pretty effective rhetorical technique for dismissing everybody who isn't interested in the game by exposing single posters as biased, i'll give it that

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Wow, you went to all this effort to compare high resolution footage to a low quality compressed twitch stream and prove nothing?

The sony hate is strong in this one.

PS. The uniforms were changed to suit the environment not for graphical reasons this was stated by a developer on twitter and personally the faces actually look more realistic without even taking into account the footage quality.

Wishmaster didn't make the top image. He isn't saying it's downgraded.

Game design is a tough balancing act. In reality the opponents would not likely jump out like that. Out of pure self-preservation they'd most likely remain behind cover of the walls of the building, peeking out from the window to fire a couple shots. These would be quick peeks as well. In reality, your allies would probably down a lot more of your enemies as well...it wouldn't be all on you, right? But this isn't reality though there is an effort to draw from it. The enemy has to expose himself, so the player can have something to do and have some sense of accomplishment. Otherwise, you'd have a game of nothing but suppressive fire as most wouldn't have the time or the skill to defeat most enemies, or put themselves in a situation where their ammo is gone from trying. The drag scene is short and represents an attempt at tension by hampering movement and aiming capability. You've disabled the player, but you need to strike a balance where they don't feel overwhelmed. One reason for channeling guys in one spot, is so you can have some degree of management. They're still shooting, and you still have to aim, but you're not scanning all over the screen looking for that lone gunman. In reality, you would have more sensory cues (wider field of vision. audio cues, smell, touch etc). In a game, your field of view is lessened, your auditory cues are limited, there is no touch, there is no smell. In a reality-based situation, the constable, Gallahad, and whoever was helping him, would have likely been gunned down. Its a game and player is involved; concessions are made.

I come in peace, and don't intend to insult your intelligence: written words can obfuscate tone. I also accept that you are entitled to your opinion and your feelings on the game; and am not trying to persuade you to 'like' it as I feel such attempts are futile...How do you convince someone to 'like' eggs if they don't. I often hear comments about AI or rather the lack thereof and I think sometimes people don't take the time to think out why it is, what it entails, before they place expectations on it.

Very good points. Hope people didn't gloss over this in all the noise.

Prelude.

Using Twitch isn't a bad idea per se, it's a more versatile tool and having a set time for a reveal helps building the hype and gets people talking even before, what they did wrong was not releasing the footage in high quality a few hours later.

Abdiel

the detectivegaf stuff is a pretty effective rhetorical technique for dismissing everybody who isn't interested in the game by exposing single posters as biased, i'll give it that

There's a difference between not being interested in the game and actively posting with intent to seem concerned or disappointed with no basis to actually operate on. The person called out by nib is blatant, so are some of the others, but if you're not interested, you can just say so. Or not even come into the thread at all.

Servbot24

Banned
The downgradeaton obsession on GAF is thoroughly tiring.

Games change during development. Sometimes for better. Sometimes for worse.

Why is this something that bewilders people?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
There's a difference between not being interested in the game and actively posting with intent to seem concerned or disappointed with no basis to actually operate on. The person called out by nib is blatant, so are some of the others, but if you're not interested, you can just say so. Or not even come into the thread at all.

well i actually am kind of disappointed because i spent quite a lot of money on a ps4 ten days ago and this is supposed to be the big fall 2014 game and frankly it looks pretty goddamn dull

and sorry yeah i'll remember in the future that reveal threads are only for positive impressions of the revealed game

Using Twitch isn't a bad idea per se, it's a more versatile tool and having a set time for a reveal helps building the hype and gets people talking even before, what they did wrong was not releasing the footage in high quality a few hours later.

Yup, doing both within a few hours would have been great.

that does look really good, and very realistic and atmospheric, but it all falls apart once the characters start to talk.

the movement of eyes and the mouths couldn't be more robotic.

No it doesn't fall apart in the least. The voices were good.

And you would be wrong, not only were the facial animations good here but we've also seen even more of the facial animations in previous videos in far better video quality and they've looked great.

Salex_

And yet there is no better video no thanks to them so idk what he is babbling about

You know they have to answer to Sony's marketing team, right? I'm sure they would release high quality footage showing off the exploration and other gameplay elements right now if they could. Sadly, it doesn't work like that.

If they were indie developers, they could show anything at any time.

HORRORSHØW

lol exposed, and frankly fucking embarrassing. please keep out of sony threads if all you're going to do is shit in it. valid criticisms are fine, but if you can't extend that critique to games from your preferred system, then that makes you look like a fanboy giving fellatio to your brand.

So much hate for this game damn o,,O lol guys it was a stream and the quality sucked so for the impatient people just wait it out for perhaps Tuesday when we get better HQ footage ''i hope'' i think a lot of you are overreacting right now...

RayMaker

Banned
The downgradeaton obsession on GAF is thoroughly tiring.

Games change during development. Sometimes for better. Sometimes for worse.

Why is this something that bewilders people?

Because it is false advertising. Its cheating the consumer by making them think they are paying for a superior product, just so the dishonest greedy publisher can build hype and increase sales. Though that is a stupid business strategy especially with the internet now

I dont believe people as smart as game developers/pubs cant provide a realistic looking trailer or game play, that looks like the final product.

They should actually make the game a little a worse then they think its gonna be in the final product, so instead of people being disappointed with the final product they are pleasantly surprised by improved visuals.

The amount of crow that will be served regarding the supposed downgrade will be proportional to the ambient hypocrisy and fake outrage. I predict that this game will be the most impressive thing to come out of E3, except for...you know, Uncharted.
Fear clouds the eyes ;)

orochi91

So much hate for this game damn o,,O lol guys it was a stream and the quality sucked so for the impatient people just wait it out for perhaps Tuesday when we get better HQ footage ''i hope'' i think a lot of you are overreacting right now...

Lol I anxiously await the Uncharted 4 preview threads. It will be glorious.

A handful of concern trolling aside, there have been numerous valid criticism
leveled against what was shown, such as:

-no damage from that thermite-type gun on surroundings
-dull dialogue
-seemingly poor enemy AI
-claustrophobic level design

and several other I can't recall. Of course, the game is far from release and
we haven't had any substantial footage. So, time will tell.

Darknight

Its not about dismissing people's opinions. Its about showing people's true intentions. nib has seen that particular person due the same thing on other Sony threads. Someone is bound to notice a trend and call you out on your biases.

Everyone can be biased towards something they enjoy, thats normal, but that doesnt mean you have to troll other things just cause you dont like them.

-dull dialogue
-seemingly poor enemy AI

The first thing that I dont like is the audio. The lady's voice over is kinda rough I think. I dont like when she shouts something, it really, like really stands out.
Lady Stark:"THERE IS ANOTHER!" (cringy and obnoxious)
Me: Yes I know there is another resistance dude there, shut your hole and kill him!!!!

I noticed the audio was out of sync on past videos so maybe they are still working on it. I also hope they beef up gun sounds.

Poor enemy A.I. is another thing that caught my eye from the last video and this one. I hope it improves as well. As for level design, cant comment as the clips are too short to say how big/narrow the levels will be.

cornerman

well i actually am kind of disappointed because i spent quite a lot of money on a ps4 ten days ago and this is supposed to be the big fall 2014 game and frankly it looks pretty goddamn dull

and sorry yeah i'll remember in the future that reveal threads are only for positive impressions of the revealed game

I don't think his intentions were really to say dissent or adverse opinions aren't welcome. Its just that peoples' tone gets lost behind the keyboard. Then you pair that with some people's inability or unwillingness to explain their ideas. I'd always be hesistant to 'tell' someone what their personal intentions are, but given the climate of the internet forum culture...one line comments leave a lot of room interpretation. State your feelings and opinions, but put some meat on those bones. What specifically made it boring to you? What do you think it needs more/less of? What are your expectations and where were they derived from? Perhaps someone here can provide you with information that can calm concerns you have about the game, or give context. That's what makes a thread worthwhile...an exchange of ideas as well as information; not just comments alone.

RayMaker

Banned

-dull dialogue
-seemingly poor enemy AI

At least people know what to expect from uncharted.

and I'am sure there will be some exciting new hooks for uncharted PS4, cool wind tech perhaps, that effects gameplay?

Now I have a more realistic idea on what the order is going to be I'am getting more hyped for it.It will be a fantastic game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom