• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony teasing The Order sneak peak at 1pm PT today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigolo

I don't know if I should be standing for what I'm about to read. What happened?

Read this

Sony has gone youtube exclusive (except for today's Sharefactory one, yay...). It doesn't mean we won't get the trailer someday, but it will be the exception, not the rule :/

Sony doesn't release hq videos anymore, they are YouTube only except for some rare cases where they either give the video to some site, or host it themselves. But it's usually against their new rule of pushing their YouTube channel as much as possible.

So yeah, 99% chance we won't host this video...

I hope The Order becomes the 'benchmark' of cinematic gaming. Never I seen a video game rival CGI in terms of visuals. It would be great if this becomes this generation's 'Uncharted'.

I wonder what Uncharted 4's gonna look like. If it has the same level of fidelity as this, but with tropical and colorful environments, then it's gonna be amazing to look at.

Darknight

well i actually am kind of disappointed because i spent quite a lot of money on a ps4 ten days ago and this is supposed to be the big fall 2014 game and frankly it looks pretty goddamn dull

and sorry yeah i'll remember in the future that reveal threads are only for positive impressions of the revealed game

Dude its not about not posting your opinion. Thats fine and dandy.

Whats stupid is having people post something negative on Sony threads and then go to MS/Ninty/Valve/PC threads and ignore the same issues they would have with Sony games just cause they like those better. I believe thats why Sony threads tend to be bigger because we got alot of people trolling half the time causing people to be up all guns ready to fire lol.

orochi91

At least people know what to expect from uncharted.

and I'am sure there will be some exciting new hooks for uncharted PS4, cool wind tech perhaps, that effects gameplay?

Now I have a more realistic idea on what the order is going to be I'am getting more hyped for it.It will be a fantastic game.

Yup I'm optimistic with regards to the Order. The setting is exciting.

For future Sony first-party games, I'd like to see more real-time weather.

I wonder if the Oder will include any. I can imagine how good wet surfaces will look :eek:

I believe thats why Sony threads tend to be bigger because we got alot of people trolling half the time causing people to be up all guns ready to fire lol.

It's the nature of the fanboy beast. You have MS fanboys shitting up threads like this, while you have Sony fanboys shitting up threads like Sunset Overdrive.

Just ignore.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Lol I anxiously await the Uncharted 4 preview threads. It will be glorious.

A handful of concern trolling aside, there have been numerous valid criticism
leveled against what was shown, such as:

-no damage from that thermite-type gun on surroundings
-dull dialogue
-seemingly poor enemy AI
-claustrophobic level design

and several other I can't recall. Of course, the game is far from release and
we haven't had any substantial footage. So, time will tell.

This is not a valid criticism. First, because it's 30 seconds of combat in a single small area which surely does not represent every encounter or area design in the game. Second, because there is nothing inherently wrong with using tight spaces in level design.

GameSeeker

Guessing it's just a higher quality version.
shinobi.png

It's good that we are getting a HQ video, but it shouldn't be Shinobi telling us these things. Someone from RAD or Sony should say something on Twitter or post here on GAF.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
well i actually am kind of disappointed because i spent quite a lot of money on a ps4 ten days ago and this is supposed to be the big fall 2014 game and frankly it looks pretty goddamn dull
Immediately go back, most places have a return policy within 14 days.

Other than that, irrational purchase and live and learn. Or sell it with a little loss.

Ricky_R

So are we only getting a high quality version of that same short ass video on Tuesday? I fucking hope there's new footage or at least an extended version of that segment.

orochi91

This is not a valid criticism. First, because it's 30 seconds of combat in a single small area which surely does not represent every encounter or area design in the game. Second, because there is nothing inherently wrong with using tight spaces in level design.

I agree, there hasn't been enough footage of other, larger environments yet;
Tight spaces are fine as long as wider ones are interspersed throughout.
Though this personal sentiment is only based off what has been shown so far.

I have high hopes for this game.

Monad

It seems like a new Ryse in the horizon!

About downgrade or not... I want to see the HD footage on Tuesday to establish a solid opinion, but still prefer the old build in those comparatives for a bit.

Abdiel

and sorry yeah i'll remember in the future that reveal threads are only for positive impressions of the revealed game

And you talk about using rhetoric? C'mon now. I never said you can't express actual criticism or thoughts on the footage, and I wasn't implying no one had leveled any valid criticism at what was shown. Others have already quoted and replied to you here, but my thoughts on the matter are that this should be a chance to discuss things, not use rampant, baseless concern trolling. I'm not in any way associating you with that.

There's plenty of questions raised by the footage shown, and I definitely want to see more so we can make more educated impressions and awareness on it, but at this point don't you think it's a little early to say that you already have a full picture of what the game puts to work? Congrats on your PS4 purchase, we're less than 3 weeks to E3 now, and I'm sure you'll get what you need to feel more informed about what's coming for your purchase.

rdrr gnr

A 2 min clip and people are freaking out about gameplay being boring/terrible/not fun.

Only NeoGAF.
It's been almost a year since this game was announced. I agree that it's too soon to reach conclusions about entire gameplay systems, but there is no doubt that they way Sony and RAD have handled information about this game since E3 has been atrocious and embarrassing. So maybe those complaints are getting at the wrong thing, but it's not like they are totally making things up.

Oh wow I just watched this 3 min clip of the order on a twitch stream so I can definitely tell it's going to suck, and the graphics got downgraded!

2FfGuB4.gif

Monad

What do you like more in the old builds?

Basically the level of detail in general and the color treatment, which added to the streming quality, results in a worst overall impression (for me, of course).

As I said before, we need HD footage to compare equal, but I don´t like too much that "CG effect" with full of post-processing effects in the recent build. It's a matter of taste.

I really don't understand all the hate. What's wrong with you people? Game looks good, seems to play well, so we just have to wait and judge the rest (story, mechanics, etc).

Also, the increase in visual fidelity compared to older builds is undeniable.

Chill and wait until E3.

Monad

Well, I hope not being called hater only for said that the old build looks kinda better for me, I really like the game and it's one of the future PS4 titles that I most waiting for.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The sparks are due to the nature of the weapon. Shoots shrapnel or something, then ignites them with something else. The actual description is floating around somewhere.

Here:

The Thermite Rifle

The thermite rifle is the flashiest and most devastating of the bunch Ready At Dawn has revealed so far. Pellets packed with strips of aluminum iron oxide are blasted into the environment, which then break open into a cloud of glittery metal paper. A high temperature flare is then shot into the cloud, creating a chemical reaction that turns the cloud into a burning mass of melting metal. This devastating weapon is perfect for punishing enemies hiding behind cover.

Danneee

That looked effin sick!
But. It also looked exactly as most cover based shooters before it, linear and extremely repetitive. But that's judging from a couple of minutes of gameplay so I could of course be wrong.

A 2 min clip and people are freaking out about gameplay being boring/terrible/not fun.

Only NeoGAF.

It's their own fault for releasing such boring footage.

EDIT: Also what kind of publisher would livestream a 3 minute gameplay video 2 weeks before E3. Sony does such a terrible job of promoting their first party titles.

fallingdove

Well, I hope not being called hater only for said that the old build looks kinda better for me, I really like the game and it's one of the future PS4 titles that I most waiting for.

You also said it looked like the next Ryse.

Anyway - Looking forward to more. I have been watching Penny Dreadful and, as a result, am becoming a fan of Victorian goth - i'd enjoy playing a good game in that setting. RAD have had some fun games in the past so hopefully everything adds up.

the detectivegaf stuff is a pretty effective rhetorical technique for dismissing everybody who isn't interested in the game by exposing single posters as biased, i'll give it that

Except nib exposed that other poster's hypocricy w/ their detective work, w/ two games virtually similar in a way (Halo DE vs. TLOU DE), but shitting on TLOU for "ethical business" reasons while humping Halo DE like a dog in heat while suddenly excusing that game for doing the exact same thing TLOU remaster is setting out to do.

That poster is biased, they got called out for it. Nothing else to it really.

Kssio_Aug

People dont get a design choice changed by certain context! The uniforms are great, but they will be using that at proper moment of the game. Its like Uncharted, where they changed Drake's cloth in a scene of the reveal trailer to a suit at the actual gameplay, but, on the context of the game the suit at that specific scene made much more sense. Theres no downgrade because they chosed to change the characters clothing at some points of the game.

And the atmosphere on that new trailer looks very intense! I really liked the changes that they have done. And, besides the really bad video compression, I couldnt see anything that seems to have suffered a downgrade (at the contrary, seems that we have a better character modeling now). Just the textures that we cant stand a point here, but it seems to me that theres nothing wrong there but the blurry from the video compression; we will only be sure about that after a trully HQ video however.

Lemondish

It's been almost a year since this game was announced. I agree that it's too soon to reach conclusions about entire gameplay systems, but there is no doubt that they way Sony and RAD have handled information about this game since E3 has been atrocious and embarrassing. So maybe those complaints are getting at the wrong thing, but it's not like they are totally making things up.

Can you provide an example of a game that you feel nailed the PR within the same time frame? I want to see how it was different because I simply can't agree that this is an 'atrocious embarrassment'.

I wonder if this is just a natural evolution of our tastes because I can't think of why its announcement date should matter. I also can't see what's wrong with the way they're handling this.

They've done nothing different from countless other games in my eyes. Big CG reveal, a GI spread, a few small clips and streams, and some small impressions as we build to E3. It's honestly been way more than I think we've ever seen for a RaD game. Shadow of Mordor seems to be doing the same with a recent clip and likely more at E3. Why is the Order being treated differently? Is it because it's Sony?

If they give us enough to do in this game and it's challenging I don't know how I can pass it up day one.

Also, I think they are doing just fine at keeping people interested in this game. Right in the background where it should be until a few months before release.

Monad

You also said it looked like the next Ryse.

Anyway - Looking forward to more. I have been watching Penny Dreadful and, as a result, am becoming a fan of Victorian goth - i'd enjoy playing a good game in that setting. RAD have had some fun games in the past so hopefully everything adds up.

And only for name Ryse I automatically become in a hater?

If you think that, you're judging me wrong, absolutely wrong.

And only for name Ryse I automatically become in a hater?

If you think that, you're judging me wrong, absolutely wrong.

You're comparing it to a game whose graphics are largely viewed as being its only redeeming factor. So, what exactly did you mean by comparing it to that?

Lol I anxiously await the Uncharted 4 preview threads. It will be glorious.

A handful of concern trolling aside, there have been numerous valid criticism
leveled against what was shown, such as:

-no damage from that thermite-type gun on surroundings

-dull dialogue
-seemingly poor enemy AI
-claustrophobic level design

and several other I can't recall. Of course, the game is far from release and
we haven't had any substantial footage. So, time will tell.

Yeah, that was sort of disappointing. Wasn't 'destructable enviroments' one of the major features of this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom