• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony TGS 2015 Conference [Over]

eFKac

Very strong conference.

Bandai Namco dropped the ball hard, but I guess they are going more towards multiplat/PC so maybe Sony didn't want to give them any more spotlight? The show was already packed, but it's not like Bamco doesn't have games coming out.

Capcom doesn't seem to be able to work on any serious project unless collaborating with Sony, and sometimes even that is not enough judging by Deep Down (RIP)

Wonder what's going on with the L5 game. Don't feel like we'll see it during PGW, maybe PSX but if it's Ni No Kuni 2 or a sequel to dormant Sony franchise, otherwise I don't think we'll get it there either. Let's see how it goes.

PS4 in Japan seems to be a repeat of last year, weak holiday line up succeded by a beastly Q1. I guess the price cut should offset that by a little bit, but it's too low to have a lasting impact imo. Wonder if they will pull a DQ Heroes-like bundle this year too.

Gravity Rush 2 looks fantastic, I'm on board.

naitosan

Thought the conference was mostly meh. Never played Gravity Rush so will give it a try, maybe. Bloodbourne DLC looks great but don't know if I'm up to die so much time again. :p

Was hoping to see more of The Last Guardian, some surprises like Shenmue 1&2 HD, etc. Oh well.

entremet

Outside of Bloodborne, nothing really too exciting for me. Most of the JRPGs were announced in e3.

Great for fans of KH, Gravity Rush, and KOF, but those franchises never spoke to me.

TGS is normally for me, the games wasn't this year FOR ME.

First. TGS hasn't even started yet. How do you know there won't be any game that catches your attention?

Second. This is Sony event and they covered very broad range of Japanese-focused genre. What else did you expect? Or were you hoping for omganewmonsterhunterexclusive or something like that?

Yes, Shinji Hashimoto confirmed it's cancelled, sorry :-(

But please be excited for PGW!
Not sure if serious. My google-fu gives me nothing on it being cancelled.

Though I did learn that PGW stands for Paris Games Week, so I'm guessing we'll learn more about it on PGW and you were just messing around.

So I'm just wathcing the TGS show for Sony and SE just finished their part, but why the fuck is FFXV, KH3 nor FF7 shown? I expected one of them to be shown, but instead we get Kingdom Hearts version 67.3986 Remix Double Purple Edition. Trollomoto-san at it again. FFS man. And yes I do realize Sony might show one of them to end of the show and this post looks dumb, but I was rolling my eyes when he left the stage asking that's fucking it?! Ok, time to get back. -_-

So I'm just wathcing the TGS show for Sony and SE just finished their part, but why the fuck is FFXV, KH3 nor FF7 shown? I expected one of them to be shown, but instead we get Kingdom Hearts version 67.3986 Remix Double Purple Edition. Trollomoto-san at it again. FFS man. And yes I do realize Sony might show one of them to end of the show and this post looks dumb, but I was rolling my eyes when he left the stage asking that's fucking it?! Ok, time to get back. -_-

Square has it's ATR for XV and we don't have winter for FF7r. Holy shit, calm down ;)

Announcements:
- Vita Means Life
- Bloodborne: The Old Hunters - Release Date: November 24, 2015
- Bloodborne LTD Sales: 2 Million
- Minna no Golf, 2016
- Uncharted 4, Global Worldwide Launch
- Gravity Daze for PS4, 12/10
- Gravity Daze 2 for PS4 in 2016
- Vita is Dead
- Some Ubeyesoft titles
- Yakuza Remake, 1/21/2016 for PS3/PS4 (includes demo of Yakuza 6)
- Yakuza 6 for PS4, Fall 2016
- King of Fighters XIV
- One Piece: Burning Blood for PS4/Vita
- Gundam Extreme Vs-Force for Vita
- Toukiden Kiwami 2, 2016
- Nioh for PS4, 2016
- Star Ocean 5, 2/25/2016
- SaGa Scarlet Grace for Vita, 2016
- Vita means Life
- Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue, PS4 (Yes, that's the real name)
- Setsuna, PS4/Vita in 2016
- Biohazard Umbrella Corps, 2016
- Exist Archive, 12/17/2015
- 13 Sentinels for PS4/Vita
- Danganronpa 3 for PS4/Vita
- Dragon Quest Builders is a new genre. Trust me, I'm an expert. Also, release date: 1/28/2016
- A small indie title called Call of Duty Black Ops 3 will be launching soon apparently
- HDD Plates and new colors for the DS4
- *in an excited voice* PS NOW!!
- Morpheus's official name is Playstation VR. Killer app is Summer Lessons, which makes you the shy anime fan you always wanted to be.
- FFXIV has VR support
- Price drop to 34,980 yen
- I can do this!
- But no Persona 5 or SFV so I really can't.

So that's the best the biggest TGS show as of yet can do? Meh, not impressed. At all. Not even a freaking release date for Yakuza 5 in NA. :(

It's wierd that nothing has been said about Freedom Wars, I thought that an expansion or a PS4 port would have been anounced already. Gravity Rush 2 looks awesome and I can only hope that we get it close to the Japanese release date.

jett

D-Member
TLG shows up at E3, doesn't show up at TGS.

Reminds me of 2009.

The Last Guardian confirmed to resurface again in 2021.

Guys, stop saying this company or that company "dropped the ball". TGS hasn't even truly started yet, that's on the 17th. Persona 5 and other great JRPG news is on our way.

Why would they reveal an NA release date at TGS?

Why the f not? During a segment where Yakuza 6 is being announced, a tid bit of a info concerning it's predecessor title that is coming to NA would have been ok. Isn't there translators/subtitles at TGS for the exact purpose of having a bigger audiance to watch the show? I havn't watch TGS this year, but I swear there was last year. Not because it's TGS that it's restricted to games that are solely coming to Japan, hence why there are games announcing that they are releasing worldwide.

Alucrid

Banned
Why the f not? During a segment where Yakuza 6 is being announced, a tid bit of a info concerning it's predecessor title that is coming to NA would have been ok. Isn't there translators/subtitles at TGS for the exact purpose of having a bigger audiance to watch the show? I havn't watch TGS this year, but I swear there was last year. Not because it's TGS that it's restricted to games that are solely coming to Japan, hence why there are games announcing that they are releasing worldwide.
New games
Release dates for new games
Release dates for new games for that specific territory

Vs

Release date of a game that's been announced and had already released in that specifics erritory years ago

Why waste press conference time in that

New games
Release dates for new games
Release dates for new games for that specific territory

Vs

Release date of a game that's been announced and had already released in that specifics erritory years ago

Why waste press conference time in that

Oh you mean that sweet 5-10 wasted precious seconds that it would have been? Get the hell out lol it's not too much to ask and this is just me being pesky about being disapointed in not being shown the release date, give it a rest. I swear you all makes such little things feel like the biggest of things.

Oh you mean that sweet 5-10 wasted precious seconds that it would have been? Get the hell out lol it's not too much to ask and this is just me being pesky about being disapointed in not being shown the release date, give it a rest. I swear you all makes such little things feel like the biggest of things.

isn't that what you're doing??
chill

I have heard good things about Gravity Rush. I could not catch it, but when is the port of the original coming out? Will it be out the same time as the sequel or sometime sooner. I thought the port was to be released sometime this year but maybe I was mistaken.

Alucrid

Banned
I have heard good things about Gravity Rush. I could not catch it, but when is the port of the original coming out? Will it be out the same time as the sequel or sometime sooner. I thought the port was to be released sometime this year but maybe I was mistaken.
It's out December, sequel is out 2016. Unsure if that's Japan only

Alucrid

Banned
How so? lol I'm just answering questions being asked from people who seems shocked that I wanted a release date confirmed on a japanese title.
I guess it makes sense for you to not see the irony of your posts when you consider the entire line up of announcements unimpressive and instead want a release date for a game already slated for fall 15

the ps4 port out dec in japan, feb in US.

Going over the list in the OP and I'm mehhhh'ing all over the place. I wish I could find these games impressive. KoF15 is a good announcement. Minna No Golf we know about already. Many of the rest of the games it feels like you need a vita to appreciate like Danganropa. Bad conference. I like japanese games as much as the next fat guy but more like mgs5, pes, SF5, mainline FF and KH. This is a bunch of crap to me.

I guess it makes sense for you to not see the irony of your posts when you consider the entire line up of announcements unimpressive and instead want a release date for a game already slated for fall 15

Fall is not a actual release date, it's a estimate. You just seem really sour over the fact I called the list unnimpressive, but it's really just a matter of a opinion. I don't particularly enjoy japanse games nowadays except for the Yakuza series, so yeah, it's not impressive to me at all.

Alucrid

Banned
Fall is not a actual release date, it's a estimate. You just seem really sour over the fact I called the list unnimpressive, but it's really just a matter of a opinion. I don't particularly enjoy japanse games nowadays except for the Yakuza series, so yeah, it's not impressive to me at all.
So a Yakuza remake and 6 announcement is overshadowed by a nonexistent western 5 release date. OK.

So a Yakuza remake and 6 announcement is overshadowed by a nonexistent western 5 release date. OK.
Yakuza 6 being announced don't mean shit to me if Yakuza 5 doesn't sell in NA and they decide to not translate it. Is the remake coming over here too? The potential possibility of it coming over here if Yakuza 5 sells good is cool, but that still makes me disapointed over not having a release date for Yakuza 5.

If you're not into Japanese games, why are you here then? This is a TGS conference so of course it will be full of JP games. In fact, this conference gave you 2 new Yakuza games and you're still not happy?

Yakuza 6 being announced don't mean shit to me if Yakuza 5 doesn't sell in NA and they decide to not translate it. Is the remake coming over here too?

I think you're severely missing the point. TGS is largely a Japanese focused conference. That you expected a NA release date is a fault of your own. I mean, sorry that your expectations are crazy but I guess it happens every year where people expect weird stuff out of TGS.

Also, I updated the announcements in the OP with the relevant links. Let me know if I missed anything guys.

Just finished it watching it. C+ for Sony. Was definitely expecting one of SE's big 4 games to be shown here with some real content unlike FFXV at Gamescom, expected something big from Namco, Capcom, a Level-5 game. Why wasn't Persona 5 given a demo or something along with a release date and no Last Guardian either.

I'm not saying to show all of those but showing something more would have helped. Saw some games I'll be getting for sure though, a few news as well which is good news.

If you're not into Japanese games, why are you here then? This is a TGS conference so of course it will be full of JP games. In fact, this conference gave you 2 new Yakuza games and you're still not happy?

"Not into japanese games nowadays" get it straight. That doesn't mean I won't ever find a gem of a game later on from japanase devs, see? A tenchu game would have made me the happiest camper of a player alive, so yeah, I still come into the TGS thread to see what's up with new titles. Can't i?

I think you're severely missing the point. TGS is largely a Japanese focused conference. That you expected a NA release date is a fault of your own. I mean, sorry that your expectations are crazy but I guess it happens every year where people expect weird stuff out of TGS.

So you mean announcing that your series is doing so well that you're re-releasing it for NA due to demand, is asking too much of the Yakuza segment in the TGS show for a NA release date? lol right. It's like fuck, arn't we proof that TGS isn't just a audience consisting of Japanese folks?

Alucrid

Banned
Just finished it watching it. C+ for Sony. Was definitely expecting one of SE's big 4 games to be shown here with some real content unlike FFXV at Gamescom, expected something big from Namco, Capcom, a Level-5 game. Why wasn't Persona 5 given a demo or something along with a release date and no Last Guardian either.

I'm not saying to show all of those but showing something more would have helped. Saw some games I'll be getting for sure though, a few news as well which is good news.
Because all those companies have a presence at TGS and want shit to show there

How so? lol I'm just answering questions being asked from people who seems shocked that I wanted a release date confirmed on a japanese title that is coming over here.

cause it makes 0 sense to be expecting the release date for a game that had released 3 years ago in japan at a conference aimed at that very country.
smh.

Anko

This is a conference meant for the people of Japan. That you are getting an English stream at all is kind of a bonus. They're not even in charge of the NA region. That's SCEA. They could have announced all those Asian localisation news, which they are in charge of as they're SCE Japan & Asia, in there but they're not going to. Instead, they're going to do a separate conference tomorrow. Why? Because that's the conference aimed at the Asian market, not this one. It's just 10 to 15 secs per title but it adds up to a lot of information that's not relevant to their market. Dates come and go so quickly, it'll just be confusing.

Stop and think about whether you saw any Japan release dates at E3.

Top Bottom