• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony TGS 2015 Conference [Over]

Ploid 3.0

Oh thanks, I just opened that youtube link in another tab to watch later. I hope there's now video of the KOF game, and I wonder if FXIV VR will be a actual thing for PS4 and PC. Crazy stuff.

kuroneco

Please explain.

People that want Level5 announcements are illogical? I think you meant people that are overlooking the awesome announcements due to no L5 news are missing out.

Illogical is the wrong way to describe it.

It works for P5 though since that has its own confirmed event.

People express they want announcements are fine. What you described are correct too.

None of the parties, Sony, L5 or whoever has said anything about an announcement. L5 did not make anything beside of watch as far as I can remember in these years.

I am trying to say people repeatedly demand something over and over and using that as a negative way to prove something else is unreasonable. And that will make others feel uncomfortable.

I'm so lost.... Ppl are self identifying as "western gamers", yet follow a Tokyo Game Show press conference expecting something....

Like seriously, why???????

I'm just assuming but I think they thought Sony and their partners would go all out and show all the heavy hitters due to supposed leaks. They went in with so much hype that they found whatever was announced disappointing. We've said multiple times not to set your hype levels so high because if you do you will disappoint yourself.

Another reason I suspect is that they perhaps don't keep up with the mainline Japanese games and didn't know that Square and Atlus and others have their own events to show their own stuff.

Basically.... They showed or didn't show stuff that was never promised and now they're upset.

It's also worth noting that it's pretty clear that companies are holding stuff back so that they have things to show and talk about on their own streams. So we still have Persona 5, Street Fighter V, City Shrouded in Shadow (the new Disaster Report), Final Fantasy Adventure etc. news to come. As well as stuff that we may not even be aware of as Gravity Rush 2 initially just debuted with a rolling trailer in Sony's booth. Then there's possible updates on Idolmaster PS4, DQ Heroes 2, Tales of Bersesria and so on. Unlike E3 the end of the big conferences isn't the end of announcements at TGS.

Apathy

Atlus is having their own announcements so that's where persona news will be shown. I don't get why people are complaining. They aren't S-E, they won't just show the same trailer twice in the same conference just because they got time to fill.

This was a fantastic conference. I don't get why people are saying "meh"....

It's the Tokyo Games Show...it was tailored for a Japanese audience.

Yeah, I'm normally left scratching my head after most of these TGS Sony conferences, but this one knocked it out of the park for me. So much want.

And I'm not really all that into typical Japanese games. I'm also not *disappointed* by L5 being missing, but I am definitely curious about if they'll have anything to show this TGS. It would essentially be the cherry on top of they announce their PS4 stuff.

Garlador

No Legend of the Dragoon Remake, Prequel, or Sequel? Automatic "meh"!

... I'm very excited to play Gravity Rush. Didn't have a Vita.

Qwark

LMAO.... oh man...

Yeah I was expecting Alundra 3, Crash Bandicoot Returns, Extermination 2 and Omega Boost 2. What the fuck Sony? Meh show!!!1

I was half-joking, but there was the CBOAT rumor that the PlayStation JRPG would finally be revealed.

Metfanant

anything new about the official headset that Japan is getting? im down for the purple HDD cover lol...and the more DS4 color choices the better IMO

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Watched the first hour before going to bed last night and, man, that was one hell of a conference. Non-stop announcements of either new games or release date confirmations. A price drop. Almost everything coming out within the next 6-12 months.

This feels like it could be a real turning point for the platform (and console gaming) in Japan. I hope I'm not wrong.

FluxWaveZ

Major props to the translator, she did a great job.

Hm... Well, I imagine it's a really difficult job, but some of her interpretations were rather confusing and she just seemed bored/tired for most of it. There was a jump in quality when she switched out, but it's very much appreciated, all the same.

WhoYouJivin

Neo Member
I really enjoyed the conference. A lot of stuff coming out that looks awesome. It is sad to see Gravity Rush leave Vita, but that means it will be a more fleshed out game! I'm excited for all the games. Not to mention we still have PS experience and Paris games week!!

Qwark

stuf comingh athe morninga/! = Sony's going to announce a JRPG/TLOD2 during their TGS press conference?

I don't think it's crazy to imagine Sony announcing a new JRPG at TGS. I will admit I bought too much into random CBOAT quotes.

I'm gonna guess level 5's ps4 game is gonna be e3 since verendus said it would be an emulation of ff which is more of a worldwide brand at this point rather than a japanese one foremost

This is what I was getting things mixed up with, sorry everybody for unnecessarily bringing CBOAT into the discussion.

FluxWaveZ

Where is Attack on Titan???

Some of the more notable omissions like that will be shown at TGS proper. AoT has been confirmed to get a new trailer and be featured at a stage event.

We should keep in mind TGS hasn't actually started. Companies keep some of their significant showings for their own independent stage shows there.

I'm gonna guess level 5's ps4 game is gonna be e3 since verendus said it would be an emulation of ff which is more of a worldwide brand at this point rather than a japanese one foremost
- 'Unannounced JRPG 2' will be SCE's second attempt at a big game emulating FF. If this comes to fruition, and is successful, then there is a franchise opportunity which can be exploited. Probably the most experimental project as if it bombs, then they'll never touch anything like it again. I don't think it will though. With the advent of FF15, KH3, and the announcement of FF16 sometime between 2014-2015, Japan gamers will be ready for this. The big question mark is whether they can translate some of that success to the West which will obviously be an aim.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=65162306&postcount=335

that and level 5 just recently within the past year started hiring for a "large-scale project" presumably what is to be their ps4 game so it will be quite some time i imagine
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=900692

Elios83

We need an updated list of PS4 exclusives ASAP.

Don't know about a full list but 2016 is already shaping up to be an amazing year for PS4 exclusives.
Assuming Persona 5 makes it this year next year we'll have:

Uncharted 4
Ratchet and Clank
Street Fighter 5
Gravity Rush 2
Ni Oh
New Hot Shot Golf
Yakuza Extreme + Yakuza 6
The Last Guardian
Horizon

plus lots of other stuff like Star Ocean, Dragon Quest Heroes 2.
THis is already an amazing lineup for exclusives only and we have yet two big Sony conferences this year to announce more stuff for the future.

Loudninja

SE:
Star Ocean 5
FF7 Remake
Dragon Quest Builders
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Dragon Quest 10
Dragon Quest 11
Neir 2
Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue
World of Final Fantasy
FF15
Kingdom Hearts 3
Project Setsuna

Yep that just SE for the PS4.

Bousf

SE:
Star Ocean 5
FF7 Remake
Dragon Quest Builders
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Dragon Quest 10
Dragon Quest 11
Neir 2
Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue
World of Final Fantasy
FF15
Kingdom Hearts 3
Project Setsuna

Yep that just SE for the PS4.
And that's only SE Japan! Very impressive indeed, I'm glad to see SE having such a rich PS4 lineup.

ash_ag

Was busy when this was live and I'm catching up now. Almost dizzy from all these announcements.

Just saw Kingdom Hearts II.8. BbS Volume 2 is alive?! :eek:

Top Bottom