• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony will showcase 40+ games at E3

I'm curious to see what smaller PSN titles Sony have at E3. It seems like XBLA and PSn have been ignored recently. I really want to see what they've got planned for the future of smaller development.

Gestault

If they're putting this info out there, I'd be interested in some clarification on what that entails.

Is there any chance I have to look forward to Dark Cloud 3, White Knight chronicles 3, Valkyria Chronicles Infinity, Eternal Sonata 2, Tales of Vesperia 2: The Blackened Knight or Xenogears 2: When Nature Calls?

n00bsauce

Banned
meh, allot of them we already know about and seen

That means there's at least 30 more we haven't. Of course they aren't gonna tease games that haven't revealed back between February and now. They want to have the pleasure of doing that.

What you SHOULD be saying is how Xbone doesn't have an equivalent announcement or fancy preview video. It's because they had none to show. Nothing to tease us about. E3 is about games. Sony clearly understood that.

Ambient80

ijraZGX49qQNJ.gif

lol, this gif will never get old.

Back on topic, I'd love to see some Vita love from Sony at the event. With the mirror-play coming, I think they have some potential to sell more of those, which will in turn give devs more incentive to make more/better games. I think 5-8 games showcased for it, pus the announcement of mirror-pla for all games, would really make for a fantastic Vita showing. A price drop may not hurt either ;)

qko

More like 25 PS4, 13PSV and 2PS3
GTA V, Diablo 3, Watch Dogs, Last of Us, AssCreed 4, CoD: Ghosts, GT6, Beyond: 2 Souls, Castlevania:LoS 2, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Tales of Xillia, FIFA 14, Madden 14, Battlefield 4, Rayman: Origins, Batman: Arkham Origins and Destiny . That's 17 for PS3 already.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, that is a great line up already!

RiPPn

Banned
lol, this gif will never get old.

Back on topic, I'd love to see some Vita love from Sony at the event. With the mirror-play coming, I think they have some potential to sell more of those, which will in turn give devs more incentive to make more/better games. I think 5-8 games showcased for it, pus the announcement of mirror-pla for all games, would really make for a fantastic Vita showing. A price drop may not hurt either ;)

Yeah, if you remember last years conference they didn't even show a single thing related to the Vita. It wasn't until after that the little montague came out of the games coming. Definitely looks like it will get some love this year.

Evilisk

How many of those are new though? There's already a ton of games coming that we know about, and they also seem to be counting multiplat...

So confirmed titles:
1st Party
1. Beyond: Two Souls (Quantic Dream) (PS3)
2. DriveClub (Evolution Studios) (PS4)
3. Gran Turismo 6 (Polyphony Digital) (PS3)
4. inFAMOUS: Second Son (Sucker Punch Productions) (PS4)
5. Killzone: Shadow Fall (Guerrilla Games) (PS4)
6. Killzone Mercenary (Guerrilla Games) (Vita)
7. The Last of Us (Naughty Dog) (PS3)
8. Tearaway (Media Molecule) (Vita)

3rd Party
9. The Evil Within (Tango GameWorks)
10. Wolfenstein: The New Order (MachineGames)
11. Destiny (Bungie)

Unconfirmed but still upcoming:
1st Party
-Puppeteer (SCEJ) (PS3)
-Knack (SCEJ) (PS4)
-Rain (SCEJ) (PS3)
-Freedom Wars/Panopticon (SCEJ) (Vita)
-Invizimals Lost Kingdom/ The Alliance (Cross Play PS3/Vita Title) (Novarama)
(http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/04/09/new-invizimals-games-coming-soon-to-ps-vita-and-ps3/)

3rd Party
-Dragon's Crown (Cross Play PS3/Vita Title) (Vanillaware)
-Diablo 3 (Multigen PS3/PS4 Title) (Multiplatform) (Blizzard)

Rumoured (?)
-LBP3
(http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512103)
-Final Fantasy Versus/15
-Last Guardian

Wishful thinking
-Yakuza 5 English

Ambient80

Yeah, if you remember last years conference they didn't even show a single thing related to the Vita. It wasn't until after that the little montague came out of the games coming. Definitely looks like it will get some love this year.

Oh yes, I remember.

"And next up..."
"Vita, please?? Yes it's time!!!"
"...Wonderbooks!"

:(((

xJavonta

Banned
Indeed, there are already 15 "next gen" console exclusives at least aiming for launch...

1. Basement Crawl
  2. Blacklight: Retribution
  3. DC Universe Online
  4. DriveClub
  5. Doki-Doki Universe
  6. Knack
  7. Infamous
  8. The Witness
  9. Hokokum
  10. Killzone: Shadow Fall
  11. Planetside 2
  12. Primal Carnage: Genesis
  13. Tiny Brains
  14. Warframe
  15. War Thunder
And maybe I'm forgetting one or two... ;)
DCUO, BL:Retribution, Warframe, Planetside 2, and The Witness aren't exclusive. They're all on PC (The Witness releasing on PC later)

But I'm excited. Especially excited to see how the Vita and PS4 link up to extend gameplay. E3 is gonna be dope

That's a slight exaggeration. They showed the COD logo and the first ACIII:L trailer, announced a few bundles, demoed PSASBR cross-play on stage... I think there were a couple other minor things.

sn00zer

So Sony's biggest competitor seems to be itself....no idea how they are going to handle the marketing for all of these games

VanWinkle

So Sony's biggest competitor seems to be itself....no idea how they are going to handle the marketing for all of these games

They aren't all Sony games. This is just saying the PS Blog will livestream over three days following the press conference and show over forty games.

JWong

Banned
Show a lot of things happing at once,
Remind everyone of what's going on (what's going on?)
And with every shot you show a little improvement
To show it all would take too long
That's called a montage (montage)
Oh we want montage (montage)

Top Bottom