• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony will showcase 40+ games at E3

and that's just what SONY is covering. third parties are free to hold back games for their own events/booths if they want as well.

ie: that "Future of Final Fantasy" conference on June 11...

Drachma

Banned
If one of these new titles is a new Ridge Racer for launch, would Kaz Hirai have enough of a sense of humour about himself to be the one out there to announce it I wonder?

They shown Infamous 2 at E3. So yeah they will market TLOU there too.

I expect Tretton to be creaming himself while talking about reviews for TLoU on stage to open the show.

hackdog

Banned
DCUO, BL:Retribution, Warframe, Planetside 2, and The Witness aren't exclusive. They're all on PC (The Witness releasing on PC later)

But I'm excited. Especially excited to see how the Vita and PS4 link up to extend gameplay. E3 is gonna be dope

Well he did say "console exclusives" which I would take to mean exclusive amongst consoles.

Gadirok

If one of these new titles is a new Ridge Racer for launch, would Kaz Hirai have enough of a sense of humour about himself to be the one out there to announce it I wonder?

I expect Tretton to be creaming himself while talking about reviews for TLoU on stage to open the show.

I doubt Kaz will show up.

And yeah, Tretton will probably open up talking about TLoU as soon as the show starts and its critical acclaim. Maybe it will be an opener, or maybe a bigger role in the montage (like Infamous 2 and what I predict will happen).

does anyone think they'll actually show Freedom Wars? or is that too japanese to show up at E3?

(i can't remember if TGS is even a big deal anymore. i don't remember the last few at all.)

Please excuse the catharsis. Couldn't get this image out of my head when I saw someone post "PS40".

7RC3j8r.png

Boss Man

I hope they have some more exciting stuff for PS4. I like their direction and everything a lot right now but there really wasn't anything to make me need a PS4 yet at the reveal.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Sony uses the number card 40+ games at E3 it's perfectly fine.

joker.jpg

Microsoft uses the number card "5 billion transistors" everyone goes crazy.

So basically they are showcasing 40+ games on PlayStation platforms on E3 including multi-platform games...

Boss Man

joker.jpg

These things are equivalent and you have made a good point. Because number of transistors doesn't mean anything, just as number of games does not mean anything.

FordGTGuy

Banned
These things are equivalent and you have made a good point. Because number of transistors doesn't mean anything, just as number of games does not mean anything.

I guarantee if Microsoft said this people would jump on them for including multi-platforms...

Also I'm not defending Microsoft's "5 billion transistors" I just think the double standards are funny.

zeopower6

So basically they are showcasing 40+ games on PlayStation platforms on E3 including multi-platform games...

Well, that's what the PS Blog will be showcasing. Why not give a number out to hype people up? Saying "We will be showcasing lots of games" pretty much says the same thing but it's more vague and kind of up in the air. At least with 40+, you know it's 40-45~.

Also I'm not defending Microsoft's "5 billion transistors" I just think the double standards are funny.

I don't think anyone really questioned the "15 exclusives" other than the usual Kinect jabs, so I don't really see your point.

nib95

Banned

joker.jpg

That's because games matter, transistor count doesn't. The "Sony too!" crowd is getting more humorous by the day. As long as there aren't too many Kinect/Move games in that 15 quoted by Microsoft, or the 40+ quoted by Sony, I'm game.

I guarantee if Microsoft said this people would jump on them for including multi-platforms...

Its different people,its not the same people. Also some are skeptical more in terms of MS due their offerings the last few years.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Well, that's what the PS Blog will be showcasing. Why not give a number out to hype people up? Saying "We will be showcasing lots of games" pretty much says the same thing but it's more vague and kind of up in the air. At least with 40+, you know it's 40-45~.

Don't get me wrong I think it's a really intelligent move on their part and big numbers work great for good PR.

I actually can't wait to see some of the cool stuff coming out of Sony this E3.

That's because games matter, transistor count doesn't. The "Sony too!" crowd is getting more humorous by the day. As long as there aren't too many Kinect/Move games in that 15 quoted by Microsoft, or the 40+ quoted by Sony, I'm game.

A non-descript number that includes multi-platform games does not matter in this kind of console war.

Boss Man

I know, you're right. Like I said, "5 billion transistors" and "40+ games" are both equally irrelevant statements. No one cares how many transistors are in something, it doesn't even translate into anything. Just like no one cares about how many games are going to be shown. I'm not arguing with you, you have flawlessly illustrated a very real problem with this computer game forum. A battle was won today, but the war will rage on.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I know, you're right. Like I said, "5 billion transistors" and "40+ games" are both equally irrelevant statements. No one cares how many transistors are in something, it doesn't even translate into anything. Just like no one cares about how many games are going to be shown. I'm not arguing with you, you have flawlessly illustrated a very real problem with this computer game forum. A battle was won today, but the war will rage on.

E3 is going to be so awesome!

Can't wait to see stuff from both Sony and Microsoft I just wish more of GAF shared this opinion.

SOCOM 5, believe.

Is there any reason to think there isn't a chance of a new one?

What the hell are you talking about? Console war? Lol. Take it easy dude. I don't think people are too fussed if they're getting multiplatform or exclusive games, so long as they're great. 40+ is a high enough number to have a good amount of both.

You haven't seen the hit and runs in the Microsoft E3 thread have you?

nib95

Banned
A non-descript number that includes multi-platform games does not matter in this kind of console war.

What the hell are you talking about? Console war? Lol. Take it easy dude. I don't think people are too fussed if they're getting multiplatform or exclusive games, so long as they're great. 40+ is a high enough number to have a good amount of both.

Boss Man

SOCOM 5, believe.
I feel like SOCOM is one of those things that I will always look back fondly on (1 & 2) but could never live up to my memory of it. The SOCOM that I loved is something that just wouldn't stand up to modern times. I sure would like to see more online shooters with lobbies, real clan systems, and things like that though.

Glad people still remember SOCOM. Corndog i think it can sell well,even the broken confrontation did well on the name alone. It needs to be done right and it will sell consoles and make psn grow significantly just with this title alone.

Cidd

joker.jpg

Have you been paying any attention for the past few months? I'm pretty sure Sony have already announced quite a few game coming to all PS platform I don't see 40 games being farfetch if they include all the indie games they're getting, but please carry on.

iH8xjWrnZOMyR.gif

Glad people still remember SOCOM. Corndog i think it can sell well,even the broken confrontation did well on the name alone. It needs to be done right and it will sell consoles and make psn grow significantly just with this title alone.

The only people I think who can do this game justice is Sony Bends.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Have you been paying any attention for the past few months? I'm pretty sure Sony have already announced quite a few game coming to all PS platform I don't see 40 games being farfetch if they include all the indie games they're getting, but please carry on.

iH8xjWrnZOMyR.gif

Do you honestly think that if these were exclusives they wouldn't have said 40+ exclusives at E3 instead of 40+ showcases?

If it were exclusives it would be Tsar level bomb in here.

E3 is going to be so awesome!

Can't wait to see stuff from both Sony and Microsoft I just wish more of GAF shared this opinion.

You haven't seen the hit and runs in the Microsoft E3 thread have you?
Why? Not everyone likes the same things and MS basically asked for everything they do to be scrutinized by the forum crowd for a while after that atrocious conference. It doesn't matter if it goes on to be the most successful platform ever, it was terrible for wetting gamers appetite, and the backlash is simply a result of that.

I don't like anything MS's first party has put out in a long time, I'm mildly interesting in the rumors of there exclusives, but honestly, I'm much more interested in Sony and Nintendo. I don't want to see what MS is doing, I don't want to support there upcoming box or brand, and there PR has frankly left a bad taste in my mouth, not to mention some of the negative rumors floating. but guess what? There's nothing wrong with that...

You don't seriously expect a forum to be "level-headed" right now with all they hype going into next-gen. Companies will be ripped apart either way, it's best to simply accept things for what they are. Ms is getting ripped up on forums, which are still a smaller (albeit vocal) section of the installed user base for each platform. I'm glad you're looking forward to what MS is plan on showing, but they definitely don't float everyone's boat. And it's not always some ill-will being wished on a particular company, I personally just have no interest in there stuff 95% of the time.

And Sony saying 40+ games across 3 platforms is legit. It's PR, but it's legit. Same as MS saying 15 exclusives. It can be argued about Kinect or multiplat or whatever, but there still reasonable PR statements. Cloud 40x more powerful stuff is just b/s. No comparison..

GQman2121

Banned
Modern Socom wouldn't work because developers are so convinced that matchmaking is the way people want to play online shooters.

The truth is, is that matchmaking is only popular because that's the system that Call of Duty uses. You press a button, and you're in the room with a bunch of strangers, and playing in less than 30 seconds. That's great, but that doesn't grow a community. I suppose when you have thousands and thousands of people online concurrently at any point throughout the day it really doesn't matter. But it's the laziest possible way to do online multiplayer and is clearly designed to cater to the lowest common player.

A decade ago, Socom was all about LOBBIES & ROOMS on separate servers. The community was allowed to find itself. You and group of people could go off and do your own thing for as long as you wanted and had control over a bunch of different settings. This setup is now extinct on consoles.

Top Bottom