• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: Stick of Truth "Giggling Donkey" gameplay [7 minutes]

Carbonox

Professor Chaos ... amazing.

Game looks hilarious.

crying over rape jokes? seriously? christ on a stick ...
of truth

Derrick01

Banned
Ok after seeing the video I'm convinced more than ever that this is going to be great. Just stop fucking delaying it!

Looks exactly like the show. But I didn't laugh. Not sure about the gameplay, probably a bit too traditional. I think I would have preferred a Paper Mario style combat system, a bit more action oriented.

It's exactly like paper mario and that's what has me concerned a bit. I'm worried it'll be too easy and simple.

Uh oh, I heard the "R" word. Here comes 10 Patricia Hernandez articles and 20 Arthur Gies white knight tweets.

Pissed about the delay but the game looks damn good. Still day one for me.

Also, I fucking love that they use turn based battles.

Famassu

An awful South Park game, yes.
This feels like an episode of the show where you are actually in control and it has a Mario RPG like battle system. This looks fucking awesome. Don't really see anything that looks "awful" in the game. Not in this or any other alternative universe you are living in.

Kiraly

I have no particular interest or dislike in South Park, but man this looks absolutely awesome.

This will be glorious for one play through, can't see it being very fun the second time.

Mondy

Banned
I have no particular interest or dislike in South Park, but man this looks absolutely awesome.

This will be glorious for one play through, can't see it being very fun the second time.

I might be wrong here, but I think Obsidian said at one stage it has multiple endings.

That looks pretty fun. Need some battle music and some changes to the UI though.

Also I am a bit scared that the attack animations are going to get very tedious.

chugen

:lol

iUGPc9MaAG5Yu.gif

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I thought th combat did look a little slow in the classic RPG battles, but also awesome. I just wish Butters were always Professor Chaos! (In the game that is)

Famassu

Also I am a bit scared that the attack animations are going to get very tedious.
I doubt they will, simply because you are actually involved during those attacks, so you aren't just sitting there watching some 30 second animation, but they are kind of like mini-rhythm-games in the midst of battle.

Rflagg

Been too long since we heard about this game I hope they give it a decent amount of marketing when it comes out, because by that time many might have given up on it or forgotten it exists.

Still looks great I haven't watched south park in a very long time, but this might be one of those very rare games I get day one. Does that terrible uplay or whatever still get put on Ubisoft pc games?

jpd1408

Banned
The humor is awesome the gameplay... Not so much. I was excited until I saw the video earlier today. This game had so much potential and it's a shame those 7 mins didn't do it any justice for me.

This is the most accurate animated series to video game adaption I have ever seen . It's pretty indistinguishable from the TV series.

Shame about the March 2014 release date though. But it looks awesome.

Mihos

Gold Member
Wow, this game looks awful.

Also, totally unnecessary rape jokes.

Of course.

This game looks anything but awful.

It's fine to have a bubble in which things outside of it offend you, just make sure that bubble isn't so small you miss out on life.

Mondy

Banned
I know it probably sounds like port begging but they really have to make this next gen now. They can't allow it to disappear into the ether of, at the time of release, last gen.

Newline

I would love to know what the people who think it looks awful were expecting.

Seems to me like it's delivering everything you would expect from a south park game. Definitely giving this a playthrough.

I doubt they will, simply because you are actually involved during those attacks, so you aren't just sitting there watching some 30 second animation, but they are kind of like mini-rhythm-games in the midst of battle.

I know most of the attacks seemed to all require just something different. But it took a while before you actually had to input something. I do not think they are going to change it, but I am afraid I will get annoyed by it quickly.

Derrick01

Banned
You are part of the problem =(.

Turn based combat is pretty terrible though. The advantage here is that many of the attacks and abilities are pretty funny in some way though, it helps erase a lot of the dullness and simplicity of turn based combat.

FHIZ

Top Bottom