• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman (PS4 Exclusive) from Insomniac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, I know what the next game I'm playing on my Xbone is.
I really think it's great. The humor may not be everyone's thing but I liked how it made fun of itself and video games in general.

The movement though. Wow. Once you level up a few things, getting a combo going while moving through the city is just so, so much fun.

Tankard

I haven't been hyped for an Insominac game in a long time, i wish i never heard about the first rumor stll because that was too perfect for me, but i'm so in for this game, Spider deserves a great revival on video games.

BPYj9Sm.gif

XVoyga8.gif

I really think it's great. The humor may not be everyone's thing but I liked how it made fun of itself and video games in general.

The movement though. Wow. Once you level up a few things, getting a combo going while moving through the city is just so, so much fun.

it has a gaf shout out too, which was fun

KiraXD

Why do people (devs, movie studios) feel the need to change the costume so drastically? hopefully we can unlock a bunch like all the other spider-man games...

But showing off the game using a retarded looking suit is weird... just give us a normal looking suit... and have this abomination be an unlockable... ugh.

This is by far the best looking Insomniac game I've seen. Oh wait, they just confirmed on Geoff's interview that this Insomniac's BIGGEST title!!!

Why do people (devs, movie studios) feel the need to change the costume so drastically? hopefully we can unlock a bunch like all the other spider-man games...

But showing off the game using a retarded looking suit is weird... just give us a normal looking suit... and have this abomination be an unlockable... ugh.

It's honestly not that bad. :lol

I'm sure they'll have alternate costumes, though.

Elfstruck

I like the suit, along with other people. Just because you don't like it doesnt give you the right to call it's a retarded looking suit.

So is this more Disney than a Marvel -- this row with Fox over their movie licenses?

I get the feeling that it's on the Marvel level more than Disney, to be honest. I mean, Disney had owned Marvel since 2009, and it's really only been the last year or so they've been really going hard on deliberately disfiguring the comics when it comes to Fox movie properties (F4 cancelled and MIA, X-Men made as unlike the movie versions as possible, etc).

So, would a fall 2017 release date seem the most plausible estimation date? A 90 second clip is usually a sign that a game is still early in development:-(

Korosenai

To make it their own and a little unique. When you see that costume now you'll know its from this game.

Hastati

I really hope they capture the feel of freedom and joy that swinging through the city in Spiderman 2 provided. That was the only superhero game I ever played through, and I played it for hours on end at the time. I believe in Insomniac though, they're a great developer. Really excited.

That was hot. Can't believe it happened, and I'm kinda happy to have my pessimism challenged in regards to the idea of talented, ip creating studios working on licensed ips rather than giving us potentially new greatness. Insomniac's humor is a perfect fit for Spiderman and their polish is a perfect fit for open world superheros. Maybe I actually do care if we get great comic book games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom