• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman (PS4 Exclusive) from Insomniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
VXMLrAF.gif

Mo6o1o.gif

fdhygp.gif

Some Nobody

Game of E3, but eff that. Shit has no name and no release date.

Then we'd need an Avengers game, a Guardians game, a Defenders game, & an Inhumans game. Maybe a game for SHIELD, too.

Fuck 'em. And make sure that Guardians game is based off the real team, not the movie/Bendis version.

Verendus called this a long time a go. Just saying.

He was kinda vague but yeah the dots were there to connect, lol.

He's been wrong before. Still waiting on my Suikoden VI and Xenosaga HD collection. He said it was coming...

Xenosaga HD could still happen. Suikoden VI....not as much. :(

And man, Geoff barely got anything out of those guys. I feel like this is 2018. >_<

orochi91

From Geoff's stream

- Biggest team Insomniac has ever had working on a game
- Most ambitious Marvel game ever made
- It's been in development for "quite some time"
- It's not connected at all with the upcoming movie
- Open world
- It'll focus on both Peter Parker and Spider-man
- PS4 exclusive and published by SIE
- They aren't ready to talk about any release timeframe

Oh my god.

This is incredible news.

Spider-Man deserves the best gaming treatment and this just might be it.

Floody

The only thing I don't like is the suit (I'm sure they'll have alternates costumes, though, so not really a big deal), everything else looked fantastic. And Insomniac is the perfect devs for a Spidey game.

Uthred

Fuck 'em. And make sure that Guardians game is based off the real team, not the movie/Bendis version.

Boggles the mind what a shitshow the Bendis version is compared to the DnA version. Then again I feel Powers is the only place Bendis really shines. His New Avengers stuff was entertaining while you were reading it but you didnt want to think about it too much (or have any sense of continuity), also everyone talked the same.

LAM09

From Geoff's stream

- Biggest team Insomniac has ever had working on a game
- Most ambitious Marvel game ever made
- It's been in development for "quite some time"
- It's not connected at all with the upcoming movie
- Open world
- It'll focus on both Peter Parker and Spider-man
- PS4 exclusive and published by SIE
- They aren't ready to talk about any release timeframe

Looks like this could be the real deal. Been too long since a decent Spiderman game was released.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
They need to change that costume ASAP cus it looks like absolute dogshit. Everything else looks great, though.

I don't want to say just copy Arkham's combat but I feel that style would so well with Spidey for the same reasons it works for Batman. Classic combos 1) mean we can mess up and then our hero looks sloppy and 2) means enemies take a bunch of hits when our hero should be able easily wreck them

That Freeflow style allows for grace, speed, and making Spidey look like a master combatant

man i wonder how many different swinging animations we'll see

also i bet swinging around Manhattan at night in the rain is gonna look reaaaaaal good
I bet they're go for inverse kinematics and some procedural generation instead of the old style of animations for swinging. Will give it the weight and physics to make the swinging look really good and natural

I wish Marvel was as smart with all the movie licenses they sold as they apearently are with their video games license.

Marvel was not smart with their videogame (i.e. merchandise) licenses. They had a 50/50 JV with Sony for ALL Spidey merchandise. It took a lawsuit to go to 75/25 JV and then the mouse to completely acquire all the rights.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
man i remember watching Bryan Intihar on the 1up Show and now he's the creative director on a dope-looking Spider-Man game

that's cool as shit

Slaythe

If this gets a bundle with ps4 Neo, you know Sony won without even fighting.

I hope get to play as Peter too ! Not 40 seconds cutscenes.

Why do people keep bringing up Arkham's shitty combat ? Not only is it bad, but THEY ALREADY RIPPED IT OFF FOR THE LAST SPIDERMAN GAMES....... It's like everybody forgot about Amazing Spiderman games...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I can't stop watching the trailer.

They absolutely NAILED Spideys movement.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
My God I'm so excited. No movie crap at all. A totally original game, with an original costume and open world. Amazing. Day 1.

Really like that it looks like Spidey's webs are attached to buildings. I have faith that Insomniac will develop a good transversal system given how fluid things were in Sunset Overdrive, even if it was a little absurd, and I wouldn't be surprised to see movement similar to the coffee shop scene in game.

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't want to say just copy Arkham's combat but I feel that style would so well with Spidey for the same reasons it works for Batman. Classic combos 1) mean we can mess up and then our hero looks sloppy and 2) means enemies take a bunch of hits when our hero should be able easily wreck them

That Freeflow style allows for grace, speed, and making Spidey look like a master combatant

The three or so combat shots that were in the trailer looked just like Arkham style takedowns. It's great for this game. No shame in going with what works.

Either that or Spidey just has a bunch of really creative guns because Insomniac.

Coda

I can't stop watching the trailer.

They absolutely NAILED Spideys movement.

It's nice to finally see Spider-Man fully realized in a video game. I feel like even when previous games got the feel the game became dated really quick. This game already looks really timeless.

Blader

Looks fucking incredible. Might have been the biggest surprise of the night for me! I knew there was some kind of Spider-Man game in development, but figured it was going to be another cash-grab movie tie-in. This thing looks legit, and that Insomniac is behind it makes me even more interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom