• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman (PS4 Exclusive) from Insomniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupinko

That white spider is god AWFUL.

anyway it being sony/PS4 exclusive makes sense due to the disney/Sony deal for Civil War.

Eh not really, the movie deal has nothing to do with games and Sony Pictures and PlayStation are separate companies under the same conglomerate.

They can work with each other but they don't really, it's only recently with Kaz forcing the Sony divisions to work with each other.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Only thing I don't like about the suit are the blue lines on the shoulders. Would look better without them.

Nah man, it looks SO GOOD.

2016-06-1413_17_44-wi0mupj.png

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
I think the symbol on his chest should be a bit smaller, the one on the back is already big which looks odd if he has two big spider symbols.

2016-06-1413_13_25-wivwu7b.png

I'm glad it's not overly stylized. Think this will be day 1 due to the trailer. I've only played 1 great Spiderman game during PS2 era, but I forget its name. If this ends up being more fun then I had with that game, you done good Insomniac. I was hoping the VA would be the actor from the Civil War movie. Only disappointment, but he sounded pretty cool regardless.

JTripper

I like the costume. It's a bold new design for a specifically new version of Spider-Man who is not attached to any comic or movie. It's new, bright, and in your face. It's a statement more than anything.

Kyne

this game came out of fucking no where.

I mean.. there were those leaks..

THE POINT IS. It stole the show for me. I am a huge spidey-fan and if I had to choose which 1 game I could have RIGHT NOW from Sony E3, I'd pick this game.

My body is ready.

spider_man_3d_gif_by_krallbaki-d7acy16.gif

C-Drive

Seriously considering actually upgrading to a Neo just for any benefits this game might see from it.

I was almost ready to sell my PS4 and go PC-only until this trailer.

My only wish right now is that someone would cash in on the Spider-hype and release Spider-Man 2 (and Ultimate) as a PS2onPS4.

(or at least put ASM2 on sale for sub-$15 I need something to play)

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
yeah I'm cool with the suit. not my favorite but it's aight. makes me wonder if it'll be in homecoming, he's using the same shutter lens eyes.

that white spider definitely gives me ben reilly vibes though, but white obviously

SensationalSpider-Man2.gif

It's not connected to the movies, it's on his own new universe.

Hydrargyrus

The costume is not the original, but is pretty good. The white spider is very visual. And it would be weird if there are not unlockable costumes...

Regards Insomniac, I think that seeing its history as second party developer for Sony soooo many years, this project would be treated almost like a first party. Sony will be over this title since the beginning.
And they are not new. They are a fantastic studio!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I still can't believe Sony has this as exclusive. I mean it has to be timed, right?

I rail on XBONE but man... If this is really as good as SM2 from the PS2/GCN era, everyone needs to play this. Still one of the best superhero (and movie) games of all time.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Sucks that its exclusive, games like batman,spidey etc. should be for everyone. Imagine this on pc

Might not have gotten made with how skittish Disney and Marvel are to really invest in big AAA games. They just killed Disney Infinity not that long ago and I thought that was doing great but I guess that bubble may be about to burst like the Rock Band/Guitar Hero one did years ago.

I still can't believe Sony has this as exclusive. I mean it has to be timed, right?

I rail on XBONE but man... If this is really as good as SM2 from the PS2/GCN era, everyone needs to play this. Still one of the best superhero (and movie) games of all time.

Marvel specifically chose to work with Sony on their new AAA games. We can expect this and other new Marvel games like it to be exclusive because Sony themselves are publishing.

Edit: the fact that the hashtag has no hyphen in the name is fucking KILLING ME

The Lamp

That literally blends in so much I cant even see it.

White is better.

I also really like the white suit. From a color design perspective, the white spider complements the white eyes and white hands very well. It's well balanced with the amount of red and blue and makes him identifiable in a large city.

This is the game I always wanted.

Insomniac confirmed in an interview that Sony is publishing this. It will never leave the Sony ecosystem.

Its not timed. Sony is funding the game development by licensing it from Marvel.

I'm glad it's not overly stylized. Think this will be day 1 due to the trailer. I've only played 1 great Spiderman game during PS2 era, but I forget its name. If this ends up being more fun then I had with that game, you done good Insomniac. I was hoping the VA would be the actor from the Civil War movie. Only disappointment, but he sounded pretty cool regardless.

I only ever really liked The Amazing Spider-man game on the playstation, the games since then on the ps2 and ps3 eras were good, but didn't quite capture the same magic for me.

Alpha_eX

Nooo way it will look like that in engine, it's incredible! Don't care if it's held back a gen, really want this game looking exactly like it does.

Love it.

TimFL

Looks great. Kinda a shame it's exclusive, since Spidey has such a broad appeal.

well.. look at it that way: I'd rather take one definitive/good exclusive Spidey game over loads of mediocre multi-plat titles that make you feel empty inside after 5 minutes of playtime.

Look at what happens when you task someone like Activision to publish Spidey games for you. Disney already confirmed they will not make games themselves but instead let others do the games for them with their input. We can be glad that it's SIE who picked a Spidey exclusive game up and not someone like Activision (or EA, I'm fairly certain EA would also run this into the ground big time).

If this is good and does well you can bet your ass on the fact that more publishers open up their wallets + give devs more freedom in exchange for top tier Marvel games. But yet again we had the Arkham games making bank the last few years and no other hero games lived up to that quality.

PSX is so far away, someone hold me.

//EDIT: you guys saw the webs? After all these years we finally made the jump to proper next-gen webs (and not the bold 2D pixel stuff we got in every other game)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom