• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Direct announced (7.6.17 @ 7AM PT / 10AM ET)

Muzy72

Banned
DD0M1IXWAAATwh0.jpg:large

t1499349600z4.png

US: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/07-06-2017/
EU: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
JP: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/aab6a/archives/index.html

kulapik

What else is there to announce? We know about Salmon Run, the story mode, and the basics of the game... Maybe how Splatfests will work around this time now that Callie and Marie aren't around as much? And probably a new testfire

Ridley327

Considering how close we are to release, I hope they finally show off the interface for the Miiverse replacement. I'm sure it's rather similar, but Splatoon ain't Splatoon without all those messages and drawings in the hub.

This is it, Nintendo. Your last chance. Can you sell me on the game? Put on a show, wow me, shock me, dazzle me. But just make sure that when it's all over, you've done enough... enough to make me pre-order. Last chance saloon, what's that? Sounds like the station has begun to ring.

What else is there to announce? We know about Salmon Run, the story mode, and the basics of the game... Maybe how Splatfests will work around this time now that Callie and Marie aren't around as much? And probably a new testfire
I kind of thought Salmon Run was the replacement for splatfests. I'm curious to see how they'll work if they're included.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Lots, honestly. They've only announced one new weapon type so far, and I'm anticipating there are several. We could get lots of details on mode rotations, how you unlock ranked mode, what maps/weapons are available at launch, future DLC schedules, Splatfest/Salmon Run schedules, etc. There was a TON of information in the Splatoon 1 Direct, so this will be a hell of an info dump I imagine.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
This is it, Nintendo. Your last chance. Can you sell me on the game? Put on a show, wow me, shock me, dazzle me. But just make sure that when it's all over, you've done enough... enough to make me pre-order. Last chance saloon, what's that? Sounds like the station has begun to ring.

Wth
Is this some new meme?

LordKano

Just thought about it but :
January : Switch presentation
February : Fire Emblem Direct + Nindies Showcase
March : nothing
April : Nintendo Direct
May : ARMS Direct
June : Pokémon Direct + Nintendo Spotlight
July : Splatoon 2 Direct

That's more than one "direct" a month since Switch's reveal.

Mr. Hyde

I have this preordered. I am still hesitant on spending more money on games but I really enjoyed the original and the idea of multiplayer on portable means I will play it far more than the first.

I'll probably watch this and I don't own a Switch and don't plan on getting one this year, nor have I ever played Splatoon.

DNAbro

Give me the Splatfest deets.
Show me new stages.
New weapons.
As much freshness as physically possible.

Top Bottom