• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Direct announced (7.6.17 @ 7AM PT / 10AM ET)

phanphare

Banned
Splatoon for 3ds isn't a thing. that disappoints me. I can't express that without basically being accused of shitposting? It's not like I'm trashing anyone or thing. I'm just a 3ds user that would've liked some kind of take on the game on my portable. I didn't know in order to express that I needed to write up a succint exposition in essay form when the very base of how I feel about it equates to exactly what I said. Obviously I like what little I know of the game or I'd not be disappointed. Next time I'll make my own thread so that I don't muck up everyone's "happy, happy, joy, joy", and can get bitched at within the confines of my own self erected targeting gallery.

I was glad when I finally decided to join you guys after lurking for years. I don't know what I expected when I got here though. Guess I should have figured that one simple comment would end up here.

-shrug-

it's not a big deal haha

also there were a few people, myself included, who responded to you honestly about Splatoon on 3DS. for me I said that the 3DS couldn't handle all that ink, it's a deceptively taxing game hardware-wise. I think only one person got snarky and you immediately turned it to 11 with your retort.

TheBlack12elve

Neo Member
it's not a big deal haha

also there were a few people, myself included, who responded to you honestly about Splatoon on 3DS. for me I said that the 3DS couldn't handle all that ink, it's a deceptively taxing game hardware-wise. I think only one person got snarky and you immediately turned it to 11 with your retort.

yeah...... not a huge fan unnecessary snark. Easily they could have been like yourself and said "Sorry dude, -reasons-" . Instead we got what we got. Provoking me never goes well irl or otherwise.

RedFyn

So, uuuhh..... Splatoon for 3ds announced? No? Sigh............
There are much better ways to present this. I've actually wanted them to make a 3ds version of the 2d section we saw in the splat1 reveal trailer since we learned it's not in the game. I don't know how it'd work but I love the world they've build and want more. Unfortunately Splatoon would never run on the 3ds without some major changes but they could definitely make something within the world that would run on it.

jwillenn

So, let me get this straight. There's no posting messages unless you have a Facebook or Twitter account?

Gahdamn... :(

.J.

Banned
Provoking me never goes well irl or otherwise.

BRTky.jpg

Anyway, I'm excited for the game. Been waiting on something to fill the gap in my Switch library. Never got to play the first game.

I'm hoping I can find time to get into some GAF games once the time comes.

Izayoi

Banned
The scalpers win... I need a Switch before the 21st for my wife and it's impossible to find it at MSRP.

I'm sorry, I'm part of the problem. ;_;

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
The scalpers win... I need a Switch before the 21st for my wife and it's impossible to find it at MSRP.

I'm sorry, I'm part of the problem. ;_;

I read it will be available on Amazon during Prime Day (7/11), so you might want to wait a few days.

Aldric

So that's all the full weapon kits we know of for the moment:

-Splattershot: burst bomb, splashdown
-"Tentatek" Splattershot: splat bomb, inkjet
-Splattershot Jr: splat bomb, ink armor
-Splattershot Pro: point sensor, ink storm
-Jet Squelcher: toxic mist, tentamissiles
-.52 Gal: point sensor, baller
-.96 Gal: sprinkler, ink armor
-Splash O Matic: toxic mist, inkjet
-Nzap 85: suction bomb, ink armor
-Aerospray MG: suction bomb, curling bomb rush
-Splat Dualies: burst bomb, tentamissiles
-"Custom" Splat Dualies: curling bomb, inkjet
-Splatterscope: splat bomb, stingray
-"Bento" Splatterscope: ink wall, suction bomb rush
-Gootuber: suction bomb, splashdown
-Eliter: ink mine, ink storm
-Roller: curling bomb, splashdown
-Dynamo Roller: ink mine, stingray
-Octobrush: robot bomb, inkjet
-Slosher: suction bomb, tentamissiles
-Tri Slosher: burst bomb, ink armor
-Heavy Splatling: sprinkler, stingray
-Mini Splatling: burst bomb, tentamissiles
-Blaster: toxic mist, splashdown
-Luna Blaster: splat bomb, baller
-Rapid Blaster: ink mine, splat bomb rush

Anything l forgot? Some of these were only shown in the Japanese direct btw.

Izayoi

Banned
I read it will be available on Amazon during Prime Day (7/11), so you might want to wait a few days.
Good call - you're a nice person, thank you.

Edit: Just to be clear, if there isn't a Switch at my doorstep before the 21st, I will find you.

(just kidding........ 💖)

ryechu

So that's all the full weapon kits we know of for the moment:

-Splattershot: burst bomb, splashdown
-"Tentatek" Splattershot: splat bomb, inkjet
-Splattershot Jr: splat bomb, ink armor
-Splattershot Pro: point sensor, ink storm
-Jet Squelcher: toxic mist, tentamissiles
-.52 Gal: point sensor, baller
-.96 Gal: sprinkler, ink armor
-Splash O Matic: toxic mist, inkjet
-Nzap 85: suction bomb, ink armor
-Aerospray MG: suction bomb, curling bomb rush
-Splat Dualies: burst bomb, tentamissiles
-"Custom" Splat Dualies: curling bomb, inkjet
-Splatterscope: splat bomb, stingray
-"Bento" Splatterscope: ink wall, suction bomb rush
-Gootuber: suction bomb, splashdown
-Eliter: ink mine, ink storm
-Roller: curling bomb, splashdown
-Dynamo Roller: ink mine, stingray
-Octobrush: robot bomb, inkjet
-Slosher: suction bomb, tentamissiles
-Tri Slosher: burst bomb, ink armor
-Heavy Splatling: sprinkler, stingray
-Mini Splatling: burst bomb, tentamissiles
-Blaster: toxic mist, splashdown
-Luna Blaster: splat bomb, baller
-Rapid Blaster: ink mine, splat bomb rush

Anything l forgot? Some of these were only shown in the Japanese direct btw.
The "Bento Splatterscope" is actually called the Firefin Splat Charger/Splatterscope, and the "Custom Dualies" are the Enperry Dualies.

NoKisum

Anybody know if anything, even if it's just the settings, from the Splatfest demo will transfer to the main game?

ITSMILNER

With the updates, does anyone think we might get additional modes? I know they have added Salmon Run but it would have been good to new modes on top of Turf War, Rainmaker etc...

They added some for the first game, could they surprise us with more in this game?

13ruce

Banned
With the updates, does anyone think we might get additional modes? I know they have added Salmon Run but it would have been good to new modes on top of Turf War, Rainmaker etc...

They added some for the first game, could they surprise us with more in this game?

Splatoon 2 is gonna be bigger than one so i might see them add a few extra modes in the comin years would be a shame if not. Even Arms seems to be getting new modes.

TZchassis

I assume that one of the big updates would introduce a new mode (for Ranked battle) as there is a space for it in the rankings of the different modes.

Of course we'll get new modes

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

Look at this very suspicious empty space at the bottom right of the ranked modes table.

splat2_rankedz2s22.jpg

ryechu

Splatoon 2 is gonna be bigger than one so i might see them add a few extra modes in the comin years would be a shame if not. Even Arms seems to be getting new modes.

I'd say new modes are quite likely. They know what they are getting into by promising a year of support. Splatoon 1 had 7 months of planned DLC support. During which we got weekly weapons, biweekly maps and the release of TC and Rainmaker each month until August. I would imagine they'll try to match that intensity and excitement somehow, and I don't think only new weapons and maps will cut it. Although, this time they are adding sub weapons and Special weapons as DLC.

Phoenixus

you think they'll sell Splatoon 2 with Nintendo Online included

A Switch online-focused or online only game with a voucher for Nintendo Online would do very well in sales I think. Not sure if Splatoon 2 would have the most to gain from it though, better to be a new unknown IP or a historically poor selling one.

weekev

Banned
Can someone ask amazon why they still have no stock i wanna preorder the damn game
Living in the UK does occasionally have its benefits. The general population has no taste over here so getting a copy preordered was no hassle. Got it for £38 too which ain't too shabby.

Top Bottom