• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Direct announced (7.6.17 @ 7AM PT / 10AM ET)

Crayolan

How long is the story mode in the original game? I missed the first game, but thinking about picking it up to get a hang of the game before 2 arrives.

4-5 hours. The single player is great but it's probably not worth purchasing the game just for it.

Scum

Missed the Direct this afternoon because of work but just finished watching. Fucking brilliant! Can't wait! Now, Nintendo, bring me that PlatinumGames Direct hosted by Kamiya.

23079081910_39624d7591_o.png

TheJoRu

I mean, you could just return it if it has the issue. Mine works fine (so far).

Well, I've heard about those who've had several replacements with the same problem, so one starts to wonder if it's an inherent design flaw. Then again, some say things are fine for them, so maybe not. Difficult to know.

I guess I could try getting one.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Saw that Best Buy re-opened pre-orders for the Splatoon Pro Controller but it's a vague "All of our pre-orders are claimed so we'll ship one to you when we can." Dang.

Might have to grab one from Target instead. I'll save 5% upfront whereas Best Buy has no discount, though Best Buy does get me 5% in rewards, so I guess it's a wash either way.

Well, I've heard about those who've had several replacements with the same problem, so one starts to wonder if it's an inherent design flaw. Then again, some say things are fine for them, so maybe not. Difficult to know.

I guess I could try getting one.

Nevermind, need to do a little more testing ...

MrPanic

I'm so happy they're adding a actual shotgun to the game, the roller never really did it for me but this looks like more my jam.

K9JaXUR.gif

Sadly it's a dlc weapon tho, always gotta wait for the fun.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Watching on my tv now. Game looks sooooo much cleaner than it did during the Testfire.

Don't know if they've been posted in here, but the 3 new JP commercials that the Nintendo JP YouTube channel have up are pretty fantastic.

ryanofcall

2 weeks until release and we still don't know wether you can play salmon run with less than 4 players (and it will scale down health of enemies) and less than 8 players for offline turf battles - and maybe fill up empty slots with octolings for turf battles... AI from story mode of course...
Or did I miss something?

LordKano

2 weeks until release and we still don't know wether you can play salmon run with less than 4 players (and it will scale down health of enemies) and less than 8 players for offline turf battles - and maybe fill up empty slots with octolings for turf battles... AI from story mode of course...
Or did I miss something?

You can't. For both your questions.

Gradivus

I bought splatoon today to get ready for no 2. Just a quick question.

Can you play 2 players/1console on online against random players?

Is their a way to train in the demo past the tutorial? Since the awful motion controls were on and I am not familiar with Splatoon, would like to train before the fest'.

13ruce

Banned
Do i need to post my splatoon posts on twitter or fb to show em on my Splatoon 2 character in the demo? Or is simply drawing them enough.

deleted

So a question to those that have played the first one - can you turn the music down or off during fights?

During the first test, it was bothering me a little after a while. Way too many sound inputs for me to handle parallel. Same thing happened with Sonic Racing Transformed for me, I understand what people like about the music, but it's just too much after a while.

TheBlack12elve

Neo Member
Why the hell would they? And how would that game even look? Some people and their ideas....Why not Breath of the Wild or Mario Odyssey for 3DS? Sigh......

You're a condescending jackhole? Really? I couldn't tell by just reading your post. My bad.

It would look like Splatoon the same way Mario Kart looks like Mario Kart, Metroid looks like Metroid, Zelda derpderpderp, and so on, and so on, like EVERY Nintendo offering on 3ds, I would imagine. If you weren't so focused on being a dbag in the best way you can, so quickly, you'd have been able to at least think it out that far.

It would look like Splatoon the same way Mario Kart looks like Mario Kart, Metroid looks like Metroid, Zelda derpderpderp, and so on, and so on, like EVERY Nintendo offering on 3ds, I would imagine. If you weren't so focused on being a dbag in the best way you can, so quickly, you'd have been able to at least think it out that far.

So, it'd completely abandon the Splatoon control scheme (which would definitely break a 3DS hinge, and wouldn't work well with the new 3DS C-stick) and have to tone down the action and/or stage size/complexity to not be borderline (if not totally) unplayable on 3DS?

What people are saying when they suggest that Splatoon can't exist on 3DS is that 3DS actually isn't capable enough to run Splatoon.

You're a condescending jackhole? Really? I couldn't tell by just reading your post. My bad.

It's not just about looks. That ink physics is no doubt pretty complex. I don't think you immediately resulting to those insults puts you in any position to tell people to think though...

Besides, port begging for hardware 2-3 generations out (which is what the 3DS is compared to switch) is never going to get you very favorable replies honestly.

TheBlack12elve

Neo Member
So, it'd completely abandon the Splatoon control scheme (which would definitely break a 3DS hinge, and wouldn't work well with the new 3DS C-stick) and have to tone down the action and/or stage size/complexity to not be borderline (if not totally) unplayable on 3DS?

What people are saying when they suggest that Splatoon can't exist on 3DS is that 3DS actually isn't capable enough to run Splatoon.
I wouldn't know, I've never played it since I only have a 3ds.And "people" don't have to be a dick about "informing" me of that. Thanks to "people" though, for letting me know that being disappointed in the impossibility of catering to my preference in this matter is looked down upon.

TheBlack12elve

Neo Member
It's not just about looks. That ink physics is no doubt pretty complex. I don't think you immediately resulting to those insults puts you in any position to tell people to think though...

Besides, port begging for hardware 2-3 generations out (which is what the 3DS is compared to switch) is never going to get you very favorable replies honestly.
I immediately -resorted- to insults? So they get to mock me and codescend, and I get to deep throat their insult and say "thanks"?

phanphare

Banned
I wasn't the one to step in and start being an internet jerk. I merely responded. Why is no one calling out the person actually at fault here?

to be fair your first post wasn't all that great. you came into a Splatoon 2 thread, a game exclusive to the Nintendo Switch, and posted this "So, uuuhh..... Splatoon for 3ds announced? No? Sigh............"

bumpkin

Missed the Direct this afternoon because of work but just finished watching. Fucking brilliant! Can't wait! Now, Nintendo, bring me that PlatinumGames Direct hosted by Kamiya.

23079081910_39624d7591_o.png
I was pretty happy with the Splatoon 2 Direct, except for finding out that Salmon Run is restricted and can't be played any old time with friends.

But yeah, I want a Platinum Games Direct now!

TheBlack12elve

Neo Member
to be fair your first post wasn't all that great. you came into a Splatoon 2 thread, a game exclusive to the Nintendo Switch, and posted this "So, uuuhh..... Splatoon for 3ds announced? No? Sigh............"

Splatoon for 3ds isn't a thing. that disappoints me. I can't express that without basically being accused of shitposting? It's not like I'm trashing anyone or thing. I'm just a 3ds user that would've liked some kind of take on the game on my portable. I didn't know in order to express that I needed to write up a succint exposition in essay form when the very base of how I feel about it equates to exactly what I said. Obviously I like what little I know of the game or I'd not be disappointed. Next time I'll make my own thread so that I don't muck up everyone's "happy, happy, joy, joy", and can get bitched at within the confines of my own self erected targeting gallery.

I was glad when I finally decided to join you guys after lurking for years. I don't know what I expected when I got here though. Guess I should have figured that one simple comment would end up here.

-shrug-

Top Bottom