• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

13ruce

Banned
Is if bad that I sometimes just don't bother with the specials? Depending on what the round has, some can be absolutely useless.

The peeps with usefull ones:p sometimes they wait till wave 3 etc while in a super hectic situation it's better to use em then all die and lose a chunk of payment rate.

correojon

Salmon Run seems balanced enough today/yesterday, all except for the Sploosh-o-matic. I can't hit a single Steelhead with that thing unless I'm above it. Which with so much low tides as I had yesterday is impossible. They should at least balance the items around every enemy, because this is just worthless.
In that situation you shouldn't be trying to take on the Steelhead, instead provide some support for the charger so he can focus on taking down the Steelhead. I hate it when I'm charger and no one is getting rid of the chumps and smallflies around me, yet at the same time they aren't paying attention to the Steelhead as if I had to take it down :S

Aviators with primary ink saving and common run speed (3 slots) on for 18k.

20170811_121038cbref.png

13ruce

Banned
The ๖ۜBronx;245899434 said:
Aviators with primary ink saving and common run speed (3 slots) on for 18k.

I currently own ones with that gambit ability where you are faster etc in the last 30secs of a match.

Is the main ink saving one a better perk than that since it lasts a whole match? Or should i keep the old ones?

I currently own ones with that gambit ability where you are faster etc in the last 30secs of a match.

Is the main ink saving one a better perk than that since it lasts a whole match? Or should i keep the old ones?
Personally I prefer effects that see use through as much of the match as possible (ink speed, ink resistance, ink saver, ninja squid etc) to those that only come in during specific times (like cold blooded).

I'm far from an expert on Splatoon though, with 2 being my first so wouldn't want to advise one way or the other.

I feel the clothing articles hasnt really changed a lot. Im seeing a lot of repeats day in and out (just with different main abilities). How often did new clothes show up in the first game? (if ever)

Branduil

If Nintendo is going to keep this griller bullshit in the game, they need to force people to practice it first, because I'm really sick of people who have no clue what to do even when I'm doing the best I can to keep the grillers away from everyone.

I can't think of a single thing in this game less fun than griller rounds.

If Nintendo is going to keep this griller bullshit in the game, they need to force people to practice it first, because I'm really sick of people who have no clue what to do even when I'm doing the best I can to keep the grillers away from everyone.

I can't think of a single thing in this game less fun than griller rounds.
Griller waves are dumb cause the Smallfry are annoying as hell and the Grillers themselves aren't hard, but randoms usually panic and make things harder than it needs to be. Like running past their teammates and getting them splatted.

I pretty much never get upset at Salmon Run, it's just PVE. The only thing that upsets me during a gaming session really, is PVP, because it hurts my pride to lose.

PVE, though? Don't give a fuck. Bring on Griller waves.

I wonder, have Pros been getting matched with Overachievers or even Go-Getters this whole time? I just had my first 17-egg quota when I'd typically see 13 or 14.

maouvin

All my griller rounds this week have been on high tide.

I've been getting some good teams for a while now (as profreshional should be, but it's not always the case), but high tide grillers requires an beyond-good team.
And eventually we'll learn to not freak out when the tide comes up and the sun goes down I guess.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nintendo needs to some how force reading the Salmon Run manual on players since it does explain it.

Saying that however, the first time I came across Grillers I picked up on it pretty quick.

tsundoku

Actually, it will be the Splat Brella this time.

Surprised me too. Didn't think we would see it until October at least.

Here's this weapon that is canonically in single player and all the preview footage lets wait three weeks to put it in the game

After complaining about carried idiots at 200% paygrade and the paygrade drops needing to be much harsher i've had nothing but teams of morons and my paygrade keeps tanking to 170% because i will do 75% of the work for a team and get as many golden eggs as possible and then the other 3 idiots will wipe the lobby.

pretty much ready to stop queuing up for random salmon run lobbies ever again, like a fucking world of warcraft heroic dungeon or something, might have to approach some splatoon fan discords and find alive, breathing, awake human beings to group with when my friends aren't on

tsundoku

Splatoon 2 |OT2| Callie now rocking shades > Marie

Or not....
53a764fb126995b14e5aa414bded5410.jpg

i have 1000% completion and i didn't even unlock other hero set upgrades let alone the old or new octoling set or those shades or something

where my single player shit at, do i have to grind to level 50 again

I feel like a gosh-darn idiot SplatGaf! I often use the Aerospray and as a result, the curling bomb launcher special. My technique was always to just spam the bombs in every direction. That speedrun video made me realize I can use that special to carve an (explosive) path into enemy territory by launching 2-3 bombs in a straight path and swimming through the ink.

I love this game so gosh-darn much.

13ruce

Banned
i have 1000% completion and i didn't even unlock other hero set upgrades let alone the old or new octoling set or those shades or something

where my single player shit at, do i have to grind to level 50 again

Yeah that's a shame tbh in 1 you also atleast unlocked the cool octoling gear. Thought you could atleast unlock the Shades or
Callie's evil set (male and female version).
Shame it's just the regular hero set and weps.

Plum

*Proceed to lose 5 times in a row*

This fucking game!

This fucking game!

That's generally my experience as well... Sometimes I'll get lucky and have good teams. Most nights I play Turf War until I get really annoyed/reach a certain XP level and then go play Salmon Run.

Plum

That's generally my experience as well... Sometimes I'll get lucky and have good teams. Most nights I play Turf War until I get really annoyed/reach a certain XP level and then go play Salmon Run.

Yeah, though I can't solely blame my team as I'm pretty shit at the game as well. Doesn't help that the game keeps putting multiple 30+ players on the enemy team and none on mine.

Regiruler

Nothing ruins a Salmon Run faster than a shitty charger.

I wish steelheads were about 5 frames slower.

This fucking game!

Are the tickets from single player really one use only? It's so weird for them to give you a single use item, and they're only a single power egg afterward. They could at least regenerate every other month or something.

Awesome, the Splat Brella launches today. Can't wait to see how ineffective it is against buckets and octobrushes

Splatoon 2 |OT2| It's Mayo all day, yo.
Splatoon 2 |OT2| That's a wrap! Pay cut!
Splatoon 2 |OT2| Next Splatfest: Furries vs Normies

Splatoon 2 |OT2| Callie > Marie

This one's pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom