• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a new player, I feel like the aerospray is incredible for turf war. Had three games where we were defending spawn all game but had two aerospray users (me and someone else). 30 seconds to go, we ignore the enemy and zoom down the side of The Reef, hitting the centre and then inking as much territory as we can. Three times in a row this secured victory, the two aerosprays ended up with about 1300p each time, our other two teammates with about 300p.

It's like you don't even have to battle the other team while using these things. Also helps that the multi-curling bomb special can really ink a lot of territory if used from the centre or it can wipe out a team if you catch them on a ramp.

Yep, the Aerospray is amazing!

Fireblend

Banned
Salmon run is too repetitive for me.

So I heard :p

I love it, but I could do with a new stage. Crossing my fingers those will come soon. I get that they may want to spread the bigger updates apart and there's 2 years of updates but I enjoy Salmon Run too much to not want more content for it asap.

Had some of my best games yesterday playing with people from the Splatgaf discord.

daakusedo

Gonna get better yourself because they won't.
Got good enough that I can carry the team to wave 3 but anything taking place at night, I don't account for anything lol

Griss

I always think that "Booyah" with teammates after each wave is really fun to do. Bolster teamwork too.

Last night on Salmon Run we were at one egg short on the second wave, total chaos everywhere - I picked up a golden egg with 5 seconds to go and swam for the basket - a Steel Eel was just about to cross my path which would have blocked access. I made it just ahead of the Eel - was like your classic 'beat the train to the tracks' scene in a movie and got the egg in the basket I'd say with less than 0.2 seconds to go - the "1" was on screen for what felt like an eternity.

The whole 3rd round my team was spamming "Booyah" from start to finish, it was great. Unfortunately we fell 1 egg short!

Alright I took some advice. When we get to the third wave in Salmon Run I really pay attention to the quota and when I see it's met I run from enemies more. I've won 3 in a row.

I always think that "Booyah" with teammates after each wave is really fun to do. Bolster teamwork too.
I do booyah all the time lol. I like to do it after waves and after kills on bosses.

Branduil

Grillers would be 100% improved if they just got rid of the fucking small fry. It's too much to deal with when you're all looking up and trying to shoot/avoid the grillers.

So I heard :p

I love it, but I could do with a new stage. Crossing my fingers those will come soon. I get that they may want to spread the bigger updates apart and there's 2 years of updates but I enjoy Salmon Run too much to not want more content for it asap.

Had some of my best games yesterday playing with people from the Splatgaf discord.

I'm starting to hate salmon run as much as I hate the squid sisters and off the hook.

random25

Grillers would be 100% improved if they just got rid of the fucking small fry. It's too much to deal with when you're all looking up and trying to shoot/avoid the grillers.

Short-ranged guy should deal with the small fries. The 3 should stay above ground and focus on killing the griller.

HeroR

I consistently get great teammates in Salmon Run, almost always make it up to Profreshional 100 or higher. So YMMV.

It's often because even if we lose we at least make it up to wave 3, which means we retain our pay grade.

Wow. The highest I ever got was Professional 90.

random25

The current SR at profreshonal is pretty harsh right now. 3 rounds in a row that we're beg to collect 18 eggs in wave 3 at high tide. Seriously. Bosses cover just about every corner of the map in about 30 seconds.

Rahk

Glad I'm playing in Japan judging by some of these posts. Everyone is pretty good and knows what to do in Salmon Run, apart from the occasional griller slip up.

I haven't downranked once, but seem to have hit a wall at around 200%. Get to wave 3 more often than not, but they'll occasionally chuck in a ridiculous wave 2 keeping my rate steady.

Sometimes I wonder if they balance the next wave based on how well you did the previous wave. Had a game where we smashed the first wave and got 30 eggs, then next wave suddenly there's what felt like two or three of each boss within 20 seconds swarming the map.

Leatherface

Glad I'm playing in Japan judging by some of these posts. Everyone is pretty good and knows what to do in Salmon Run, apart from the occasional griller slip up.

Yeah Japan has some pretty badass players. Back in the first one it seemed like most players were Japanese and they were excellent or a royal pain in the ass if facing them. :p

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I'm starting to hate how the fog appears like 2 secs into a wave, unlike the tide that has a longer animation. Instantaneously raise my blood pressure to high levels at Profreshonal.

Cartho

I just think Salmon Run reaches a point where it becomes stupidly frustrating unless playing with a decent, coordinated team. At least in other, similar, games on other platforms there's public voice chat. So even if not everyone has a mic, one person can at least try to coordinate. Sure it doesn't work all the time but it's better than nothing. Right now SR can feel like herding cats unless playing with friends and that isn't always possible due to Nintendo's genius decision to only make it available at certain times / on certain days.

Similar can also kinda be said for ranked, where sometimes you just get stomped, game after game, because your team clearly don't understand the mode (as they can't be practised in "casual" mode) and you can't even explain it to them.

I adore the game but I'm tending to stick to Turf War when not playing with friends right now as the other modes are just hideous without an organised group.

Doorman

As we get closer, I find myself looking forward to the brella tonight more and more. It looks fun, decently versatile, and I personally love the sound of the kit, with everything going overboard in mitigating the main weapon's inking weakness. The whole thing seems geared around area control, which is already how I like to play the .96 Gal. It's also going to potentially be a fun Rainmaker support weapon. Block side-flank attempts or launch the brella forward to give the fish-carrier a clear and protected lane to rush through. I think there'll be an overtime game or two where a last second deperate push like that will take a game.

Regiruler

Profreshional is max rank, at least for the moment. Caps at 100 points.

Really? I'm profreshional and I don't feel like the game is throwing all it has at me. When everybody is in the zone it's reasonably easy. I'm still wiping but not as much as I would expect for being in the top rank.

my shitty art

DG9h6doUMAAgdsM.jpg

Cyanity

Banned
Do you really? Never noticed that.

Yea, you definitely do. I haven't played SR in a while though, so I don't remember exactly how they convey that info to you, but I distinctly remember dying to a flyfish targeting my turret a couple of times before I realized that there was a telegraph.

woodland

Really? I'm profreshional and I don't feel like the game is throwing all it has at me. When everybody is in the zone it's reasonably easy. I'm still wiping but not as much as I would expect for being in the top rank.

Actually don't think there is a score cap? I've reached 140 before, think I saw someone mention they were at 200 too. Not sure if score affects difficulty at all though.

whipihguh

Banned

Probably getting some good teams, or are carrying your team. Profreshional gets super rough, especially with this weapon set. I also suck with charging weapons, so...

It might also get harder the higher you get in Profreshional rank as well, but I'm not sure.

Actually don't think there is a score cap? I've reached 140 before, think I saw someone mention they were at 200 too. Not sure if score affects difficulty at all though.

Huh, thought I won a few games at 100 and nothing happened. I'm probably just mis-remembering then,

Yea, you definitely do. I haven't played SR in a while though, so I don't remember exactly how they convey that info to you, but I distinctly remember dying to a flyfish targeting my turret a couple of times before I realized that there was a telegraph.

They should add the same thing in multiplayer if you have the map open while Tenta Missiles are targeting you.

Rahk

It still gets harder as you get a higher percentage. I think above 200% is generally considered to be where it gets difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom