• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't played in awhile. Class is about to start back up and my work schedule is also going to cut heavy into playing time. I'll probably jump in when new content hits.

TTcIDw8.png

Now, I wonder if I can make it to 400 one of these days...

Played a bunch of Salmon Run last night and I think it might be my favorite "horde mode" in a game, period. It's just so dang fun and the game length is perfect. Other games make similar modes feel like too much of a time sink. I didn't touch Horde mode in Gears 4 because of that.

You would think when your team only covers 38% of the Turf, you would lose. Well when the other team covers 36.4%, that means you win. Should have not completely ignored their base.

Irminsul

Man, those weapons on the current Salmon Run. Sorry to everybody, I just can't with the splatling. Managed to lose and regain my current rating ("Boss", whatever that is in English) by losing every match on the higher rating and winnig every on the lower one. So I probably won't bother for the last hour.

ChrisD

Meant to share last night but it was too late and I wasn't about to get up just to do so (as I already had to get up from bed since I forgot to grab my rewards!):

That's the highest I've ever gotten! Played Freelance to the 200 mark while getting my Superbonuses. The rest came from playing with a bunch of SplatGAF throughout the day/night (okay so more like night and early morning, whatever).

Do rewards remain even after the Salmon Run ends? Is it like Splatfest, and things are able to be picked up until the next begins?

Koren

Oh it's like 90% due to us all dying. I try my best. I use the commands as much as I can to communicate, but I'll get games where nobody, but me uses them. I go as hard as I can and I try to play smart, but idk maybe it's just bad luck and bad breaks here and there causes us to lose.
That shouldn't be that bad, especially at lower levels...

Pay attention to the quota and the timer. As long as you reach the quota, it's more important to be alive than to increase the number of eggs. So if you've reached the quota, focus on staying alive. Support, cover ground (freedom of motion helps a lot to survive), pay attention to where your teammates are, and don't think there's no honor in fleeing. More than once, I've seen levels passed with the only remaining teammate running away.

Also, should you be killed, it's probably obvious, but try to reach ground where your teammates are. Or where the enemies they're attacking are, I've been revived several times by paint targeted at enemies ;) When in doubt, you probably should go back to the basket.

Koren

yeah, but i think you need to pick them up before the next one starts
If you talk about capsules, I'm 99% sure you can still reclaim them even after playing the next salmon run session. I was surprised a couple days ago when I reclaim the prizes to get shirts instead of headgear (and more capsule than I thought), then I remember I probably forgot to reclaim them at the end of July...

Koren

What is with the weird obsession with "Japanese Gameplay" in almost literally every game? I've always found it strange that western gamers put Japanese players on a pedestal.
Well, Splatoon was far more popular in Japan than anywhere else, so there was a bunch of really skilled players in 1... I don't know for other games, but japanese Splatoon is kinda like korean starcraft...

RRockman

Banned
Having a weapon that acts as a separate moving object unique to its firing mechanism would probably want additional play testing in a multiplayer format.

Maybe balance tweaking. Maybe just to have something interesting to release in the first month after launch.

That makes sense. I was kinda hoping they'd already have it done before launch but extra time to prevent bugs is perfectly respectable.

Rhinna requested the delay.

lol

Kyzon

Well, Splatoon was far more popular in Japan than anywhere else, so there was a bunch of really skilled players in 1... I don't know for other games, but japanese Splatoon is kinda like korean starcraft...

Ah, I see. I see people say that about this game, many fighting games, and even speedruns. It's been a thing as far back as the internet for me, so I've always wondered the obsession.

Griss

Used a double exp ticket and then won the next 6 rounds in a row, felt damn good and got me from lvl 9 to 10 easily.

It was my first time ever using the N-Zap, too. Seems pretty good but I'm not really seeing how it's different from a Splattershot Pro? It's worse at inking territory than the Aerospray but it's a damn sight better for duelling other squids.

This is my first ever Salmon Run on the Spawning Grounds. This level is nowhere near as good as Marooner's Bay and the spread of weapons is horrible. I've never even used any of them. Charger, .96 Gal, Splatling Gun... I was like "What the fuck is all this?" Total liability to my team. Lost three in a row and quit before I lost Overachiever status.

phanphare

Banned
Used a double exp ticket and then won the next 6 rounds in a row, felt damn good and got me from lvl 9 to 10 easily.

It was my first time ever using the N-Zap, too. Seems pretty good but I'm not really seeing how it's different from a Splattershot Pro? It's worse at inking territory than the Aerospray but it's a damn sight better for duelling other squids.

This is my first ever Salmon Run on the Spawning Grounds. This level is nowhere near as good as Marooner's Bay and the spread of weapons is horrible. I've never even used any of them. Charger, .96 Gal, Splatling Gun... I was like "What the fuck is all this?" Total liability to my team. Lost three in a row and quit before I lost Overachiever status.

the nzap has a higher fire rate, lower damage, is better with ink consumption, and is shorter range than the splattershot pro

ThatMattZ

They take 2 bombs and a miss does jackshit.

If there's a ton of them you're better off burning a stingray.

Stop using aerospray. They're a selfish weapon that are awful at defense.

I've seen users with that kind of score on the other side of the fence, and trust me, you're not really that much better than your teammates than you think you are.

I'm not sure you can really gain that insight from the one match I posted. Tell me again how my 6 kills and 2 deaths that match is "awful at defense?" With ninja squid and ink resistance I can get behind a team that's pushing, take them out and recover what they inked in no time. I might not have the range but mobility and ink rate can trump that. Especially at the end of the match.

Leatherface

I'm not sure you can really gain that insight from the one match I posted. Tell me again how my 6 kills and 2 deaths that match is "awful at defense?" With ninja squid and ink resistance I can get behind a team that's pushing, take them out and recover what they inked in no time. I might not have the range but mobility and ink rate can trump that. Especially at the end of the match.

I can defend the shit out of my team with the aerospray. Don't listen to that nonsense. It's a great weapon.

MouldyK

Yo,

My Friend (possibly a bear...more research required) wants to know when the next Salmon Run is! She needs dem eggs like they're her crack!

Who can check this for me while I'm not at home?

Why does the app not tell us this vital info?!

What did you all think of the umbrella from single player? I found it hard to use since it was so slow. What do you all think it will be useful for?

What did you all think of the umbrella from single player? I found it hard to use since it was so slow. What do you all think it will be useful for?

Maybe it was just from not using it enough, but I found myself having trouble with the whole "press and hold" option to release the umbrella. It made me wish you could just do like a 1-2 second press+hold to release it faster but then have the penalty of not being able to fire normally until it returns.

It's definitely a good rush weapon as you could easily just walk/swim behind the released umbrella. You could also use it as a distraction for players who might expect you to just hide behind the umbrella.

13ruce

Banned
Callie and Marie JP amiibo 2-pack has shipped! Will arrive on Tuesday! Yes!

Nice i love those amiibo i currently have em in front of the corner of my game tv. My inkling and squid amiibo's are still packed with the 40 other amiibo i have lol.

Need to get a glass display someday so that i can finally unbox em all and put em in there.

All other space is decorated with Zelda amiibo already:p

Also not a fan. Its just not a weapon that 'clicked' with me.

Perhaps in some ranked modes it could be useful for blonking and adding cover to teammates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom