• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

21x2

Yo,

My Friend (possibly a bear...more research required) wants to know when the next Salmon Run is! She needs dem eggs like they're her crack!

Who can check this for me while I'm not at home?

Why does the app not tell us this vital info?!

You can view the upcoming Salmon Run schedule from the X menu, in the Stages page. It'll show you the times in your local time zone as well, which is more convenient than asking internet people who might be in different time zones :)

Amani

What did you all think of the umbrella from single player? I found it hard to use since it was so slow. What do you all think it will be useful for?

The basic shot could use a bit more range for my liking, but I guess its main purpose is for rushing the enemy. Definitely seems like you'd want at least 2 other people with you, if not the whole team.

Man, the Blaster series sets are kind of disappointing imo. It feels like the sub weapons and/or the specials for all the sets don't properly compensate for the weapons range, fire rate and ink consumption.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
hslt3PO.png

Beertooning.. I feel like I'm doing way worse than these stats are showing

The ๖ۜBronx;245941126 said:
I quite like it but the bluntness of this made me chuckle. If it helps at all capping the outside lanes is better than going for the centre, counter to many of the other maps. Hold them and then collapse in the last 20s.

Interesting strategy. Maybe that will help. Also doesn't help that I've gotten it 5 times in a row and lost each time. Lord have mercy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well, I've just experienced a first.

Managed to get three of the same sub skills just from leveling up the gear.

The funny thing is, I only bought the shoes to grind chunks. Didn't expect to get three of the same off the bat. Might keep them as is now lol

Mediking

Well, I've just experienced a first.

Managed to get three of the same sub skills just from leveling up the gear.

The funny thing is, I only bought the shoes to grind chunks. Didn't expect to get three of the same off the bat. Might keep them as is now lol

Same sub skills do stack... right????

Thats actually my fav stage lol.

I find Starfish Mainstage pretty boring myself honestly.

I don't mind Starfish cause it's kinda chaotic, but it's really easy to get pinned in to your base if your team sucks. Humpback I just can't deal with. It's fucking wavy and shit.

Reef and Humpback are my least favorite stages. I need to stop for now.

Jintor

holy shit had the most insane rainmaker game just now where we got it to about 52 and stalled for 4 minutes, they ran it to 19 in the last 30 seconds, and then in overtime we managed to run it to 18 and clutched it out

this game

I do this when winning salmon run as a celebration with my team.

It's cool when everyone joins in.

This, plus I like the sound effect.

The worst part is when I come out of SR having had a good time and collect my bonuses I do it instinctively down the slope and 9/10 go to Story Mode accidentally.

pringles

People get splatted waaaay too much in this. Gotta learn how to stay alive. I'm seeing nothing but X's at the top of the screen all the time and it's frustrating as hell seeing winnable games slip away because the team all tries to go Rambo-style into enemy territory instead of making coordinated pushes. Sure you got 10-15 splats, but what help are you really if you get splatted 15 times and build up like 1-2 supers all game?

If you're not great at winning 1-on-1 fights, just staying alive and constantly laying down ink and building up supers is way more useful than just rushing over and over.

etrain911

So what's a good point average to have in Turf War? I usually find myself in 3rd on my team hovering around 650-700 points. Any tips or guides any of you have been using? I know to go for the center first but to ink my spawn.

Edit: I've been using a Tentatek Splattershot Pro but wouldn't mind switching things up to an Aero

HeroR

So what's a good point average to have in Turf War? I usually find myself in 3rd on my team hovering around 650-700 points. Any tips or guides any of you have been using? I know to go for the center first but to ink my spawn. +

It depends on your weapon. An Aero type weapon can easily get 800-1000 points a game. Slower weapons like a Gal can get around 600-800 a game. I even got 900-1000 on a Gal, mostly because my team sucked.

they keep rapidly switching between squid and human form after killing me.

You can report players for "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" in SplatNet in the Switch mobile app. Just go to the battle history, tap the player's name, then tap the microscopic "Report" link at the bottom of their page.

I have no idea if they ever follow up on it.

-shadow-

While on the subject of Rainmaker, why is it so often on Morray Towers that my teammates do ink the walls so I can climb them, but don't do the floor? Or protect me from behind? I get it, I have the strongest weapon, but I'm also slow as all hell...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Had some good games on Morray this evening. Giant kerfuffle in the middle allowed me to just stroll into the enemies half and start inking a path to the goal. Team mate managed to get the rainmaker and knew the take my path up the usual wall and won. Lovely when a plan comes together.

i was looking at the intro to the new rotation and when they got to Inkblot Academy..

Pearl: I saw Judd around here the other day. What was he doing?

Marina: He was posing for an online drawing class. Not sure I want to see the result.

20729380_138207783446790_8602876557507837423_n.jpg

Freaking hell you guys. I got like four team wipes just from doing laps, I'm always seeing the stage drenched in green ink, I'm the only one that pushed the tower as far as we did from all the juking I had to do with a sniper and a rapid aiming at me, AND I had to kill three guys on the tower during overtime to claim it.

A+ is full of huge, fat birds lying on their backs with their beaks agape, "Feed me Magnet! Chew my food and then spit it in my mouth!" Well open wide then ya fucking parasites.

Couple days ago i had someone 'squidbag' me for the first time. But i made him pay.

Was doing turf on Inkblot and i splatted this dude in that samurai armour 4 times as he kept trying to go up the same path over and over. I wasnt purposely trying to do it. He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Eventually he gave up and later in the match he killed me once and thats when he decided to bag. I was like, "really dude? ive been crushing you all match, this doesnt make sense lol." Obviously i took exception, i spent the rest of the match in stealth mode hunting him down killing him 3 more times. Then with the final seconds of the match winding down i killed him again and made sure to just stand there over where his corpse wouldve been so he would know the error of his ways.

I think he quit the lobby after that cause he didnt return for another match.

goldenpp72

I have to lament, I had hoped by becoming S rank it would mean that in general the team competence would increase. Losing is one thing, but having people simply not do the objective is entirely different. I am good at killing in this, and if someone else was going for the objective I could do my part and run around stopping the offense, unfortunately I am usually required to do both the killing and the objective. I just had a game where I wiped out the entire team 2 times by myself only to die with them, yet the other 3 surviving team mates were nowhere near the tower.

It's just really discouraging to see yourself doing some ace gameplay only to have your entire rank shit out because you get a streak of awful players, I really am curious what logic the system has for matching how it does.

And I wanna go home with Selena Gomez tonight but that ain't happening either

If u die less, you get squid bagged less

What are you even talking about?

People also squid bag when they get a satisfying kill as well as from trolling. Getting bagged has nothing to do with performance. It's solely on if the other player is a dick or not. There's no way to "prevent" it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom