• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Squid Research Lab (news updates on the game)

Doorman

That clash kit...

Ok I can definitely work with this. A little more straightforward than I would have expected but you get all sorts of pressure tools. It'll be tough to deal against.

J@hranimo

Banned
That clash kit...

Ok I can definitely work with this. A little more straightforward than I would have expected but you get all sorts of pressure tools. It'll be tough to deal against.

Honestly I wanted ink mine and stingray on the Rapid Blaster before the Direct, but hell this is perfection.gif

This will be in my rotation heavily.

Aldric

What's the damage output for the Clash Blaster? lt needs two directs and one indirect to splat, right? l can see sub power up being useful to damage people with a splat bomb and finish them off with a direct hit.

already posted the official art for the japanese rock vs pop splatfest

Now. Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo UK posted the Cake vs Ice Cream splatfest official art

DEtEC_uVoAIkj_9.jpg:orig
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/885876575815815168

Blunoise

Can you go into detail on how long it takes to beat SP? I don't think I'd check it out unless it was a shorter campaign but knowing Nintendo it could possibly be like 20 hours.
It's like 6hrs, and if you want to know more about the lore you find hidden scrolls in the single player

ryechu

Hygiene is important even for maniacs.

Also in the lore, the manufacturer that makes the Dapple Dualies also makes the disruptor, the Tri Slosher, Octobrush and Inkbrush. Given that the tri slosher is a paint pail and washer, the manufacturer has everything to do with brushes. Toothbrushes are a bit jarring though.

J@hranimo

Banned
So i'm not sure if this was already known, but today I learned the game features a reversible cover and it looks amazing!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu the temptation to go physical is sooo strong now....but digital makes switching between games a breeze!

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
So i'm not sure if this was already known, but today I learned the game features a reversible cover and it looks amazing!

oh man ,_, this looks awesome. but I'll buy the japanese version digital and the eu version digital ._."

why can't they sell the dlc code in europe like they to in japan? in a game case?

Too bad I'm buying a digital copy. The Story mode art has been my phones wallpaper since they put that out there, great to see it's on the boxart too

So based on some media footage, the area you inked in turf war only give you coins(including winning bonus). And you earn exp from winning, ink bonus and time bonus.

Jims

The gameplay videos are slowly trickling out. Found a couple showing off the new Port Mackerel, in case people hadn't seen the layout changes yet.

GameXplain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cnUseypM-A
DUDE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpAJa_lghy4

As someone who hates the original Port with a fiery passion, I'm loving the changes I'm seeing. Still very true to the original with its lanes, but more open in the middle, with more vertical approaches. Still really boxy, lots of corner play for blasters. The layout changes feel reminiscent of their changes to Moray... The emphasis seems to be on making the maps more open and wider, with more room to maneuver. Splash Walls and charger play is finally going to be a little more interesting and varied on this map.

(Also, just noticed in the DUDE video how much fall-off damage is going to be a huge thing in this game. Had some .52 Gal kills that were definitely 3 shots.)

J@hranimo

Banned
Man we're really winding down on the news leading to launch huh?

Another tweet states that Salmon Run will be available the first 3 days after launch due to a Salmon Outbreak lol.

Gotta be level 4 before joining in though.

Kinokou

Saw on reddit that seemingly some stores in both Norway and Italy are breaking the street date. Do you think they'll find a way to punish all European gamers like Game Freak did with delaying the release of the next pokemon games?

J@hranimo

Banned
Saw on reddit that seemingly some stores in both Norway and Italy are breaking the street date. Do you think they'll find a way to punish all European gamers like Game Freak did with delaying the release of the next pokemon games?

Nah I don't think so. The Pokemon Company is kinda insane when it comes to their games sometimes.

This is great lol

But now I hope we don't ever get a long salmon off-season.

At least I am sure the Salmon Run will be open during weekends.

Judging off the Direct, it may only be every 1-3 days when you can play Salmon Run online.

Darksheik

Is it there a guide where the tickets are listed? I'm running out of mine and I don't know where to find additional ones.
In general, is it there any guide for the game? Like what mode unlocks what...?

J@hranimo

Banned
Is it there a guide where the tickets are listed? I'm running out of mine and I don't know where to find additional ones.

You can get tickets from the single player in levels and the horde mode salmon run.

Salmon Run is the best place to unlock these imo.

I'd recommend going to the Official Thread so more people can answer your questions. Hope that helps!

Soulfire

There's a Prima Guide that seems to have all the ticket locations for single player. It's got a fair amount of information in it.

Top Bottom