• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon devs are posting regular updates on Twitter: Weapons, controls, story, more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/586448724336840705

例のイカが人間の頭にかじりついているような写真が送られてきた。
まさか、彼らは人間を襲うのか……!?
…と思いきや、ニンテンドー3DSの「すれちがいMii広場」で配布中の「スプラトゥーンのぼうし」だそうだ。
なんだ、びっくりした。

CCN8AXrVEAAQJQ4.jpg:orig

Seems to be some Streetpass Splatoon hat for Mii.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, we saw it in the trailer for the new StreetPass games hitting next week. They're adding more hats as well to buy with the plaza tickets.

....there's also a Wii U hat as well.

Mesoian

And a third one. Busy day:

"Inkling girl amiibo report! This amiibo is just…so…beautiful… Look at her “hair” flowing in the breeze… Her mischievous eyes… Those sweet shoes… That stylish pose… The way she holds that Splattershot… Be still my heart!"

Splatoon SquidLab Nintendo WiiU amiibo Splatoon amiibo Inkling girl Splattershot
http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/115984187096/inkling-girl-amiibo-report-this-amiibo-is#notes

Squid girls stealing your heart.... and hopefully soon taking over the world. Ika would be proud.

"TOO BAD YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET ONE!"

Mesoian

Ha. Those comments.
To be fair. Splatoon Amiibo don't seem to be rare.

It's too early to tell. The 3 packs seems sold out everywhere that's taking pre-orders, but...that's because it's preorders. We won't know what's rare and what's not until a week after they go on sale. I bet the actual squid amiibo is going to be a rare; doesn't seem like you'll be able to get it outside of the 3 pack.

And a third one. Busy day:

"Inkling girl amiibo report! This amiibo is just…so…beautiful… Look at her “hair” flowing in the breeze… Her mischievous eyes… Those sweet shoes… That stylish pose… The way she holds that Splattershot… Be still my heart!"

Splatoon SquidLab Nintendo WiiU amiibo Splatoon amiibo Inkling girl Splattershot
http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/115984187096/inkling-girl-amiibo-report-this-amiibo-is#notes

Squid girls stealing your heart.... and hopefully soon taking over the world. Ika would be proud.

Something I did stumble on. Seems inkling girl actually reached bestseller status for a short time. Amusing some Japanese posters.

Google translate:
Amazon.co.jp bestseller: The most popular items in the game

First place: amiibo Girl (Splatoon series)
Second place: ship this breaks Normal version (without benefits) [Amazon.co.jp limited privilege] with
Third: Fire Emblem if SPECIAL EDITION (special art book + TCG Fire Emblem 0 limited card included) [Amazon.co.jp limited] original mouse pad & B6 with sticker set
4th: Splatoon (Splatoon) [Amazon.co.jp limited] original "capitalize sticker" set (B6 type without four ×) with
5: PlayStation 4 Jet Black 500GB (CUH-1100AB01)

There are some fluctuations because rankings are updated every hour ※, but seems to keep the top
http://jin115.com/archives/52074438.html

Do we know if all three Amiibo are sold separately? Or does the squid one only come packaged with the game. I'd like to buy digital, but I'm considering making these guys my first Amiibo purchases.

Do we know if all three Amiibo are sold separately? Or does the squid one only come packaged with the same. I'd like to buy digital, but I'm considering making these guys my first Amiibo purchases.

US has the three pack with squid
EU has Limited edition with squid
Squid is not for sale seperately for now at least.

Also.Found this:
Pre-orders opened in another EU gamestore..
€ 49,98 for the game + squid amiibo.
€ 39,98 for just the game.
http://www.gamemania.nl/Default.aspx?tabid=85&skey=splatoon&opt=all

Also. Pre-orders opened in another EU gamestore..

Okay, cool. Works for me. I'll get the game digital and maybe pick up the three pack.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Okay, cool. Works for me. I'll get the game digital and maybe pick up the three pack.

I would have loved to have the three pack in EU, as I prefer my games digitally. I pre-ordered the LE on amazon.de though. If I find it somewhere else cheaper I might double dip (with the digital game too, for convenience).

TheMoon

Also. Pre-orders opened in another EU gamestore..

-NA, AU, JP have the 3-pack
-NA, AU only have the Squid in the 3-pack
-NA, AU have no Special Edition with the Squid.
-Japan also sells Squid separately
-EU has the Squid ONLY via the Special Edition
-EU has no 3-pack, no solo-Squid

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
These characters are so damn stylish. It's very refreshing.

Also love how their mischevious attitudes come through so clearly in their expressions and poses. Their marketing potential is extremely high.

DaBoss

A lower-entry price would help the game out a lot. And help establish the IP. I hope they do that worldwide.

Getting it day 1 regardless of the price though.

Juni_

Are amiibos the only way to get pants/skirts?
I think I remember a post saying the fashion stores don't sell pants.

I meant replacing, no more Mario golf/tennis/etc they would be squids games.

I think Mario Tennis/Golf/Striker is too established to be replaced. But 'new' sport titles like skating, snowboarding would in my opinion really work well.

Leave the 'traditional' sports to Mario and let the Squids take over the 'fun' sports...

The more I think about it, the more I like it. I mean a 'Squid-Excitebike' could be fun.

moulinette

Neo Member
Dammit I'm too skint to get a Wii U any time soon but I want the Squid Amiibo and NZ isn't doing the triple pack. Anyone know if it's possible to use US Amiibo with NZ tech and if so which US retailers ship to NZ?

At EB Games today at St Lukes they asked me if I wanted to preorder the triple pack when I was preordering some other amiibos, so I think NZ is getting it...

thefro

New Tumblr Posts

Looks like there's actually 20 challenges per Amiibo as special challenges unlock where you get the gear/weapons. You get money for beating the regular challenges.

tumblr_nmm6u3FYgD1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/116066559004/splatoon-amiibo-box-report-so-check-this-out
Splatoon amiibo box report! So…check this out. This is kinda crazy. One of our interns discovered this amiibo box off in the corner of Inkopolis plaza! From what we’re hearing, using an Inkling amiibo in front of this thing will bring it to life in the game! Apparently each amiibo will offer 20 challenges that will really put your Octo Valley skills to the test! Oh, it’s on, amiibo. It. Is. ON!

tumblr_nmm7obvin41u3akyno1_1280.jpg

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/116118214722/splatoon-amiibo-challenge-report-weve-just
Splatoon amiibo challenge report! We’ve just confirmed that completing enough challenges will unlock a special challenge, and if you beat it, the amiibo will reward you with some exclusive in-game gear! Sounds like you can earn different weapons, headgear, and clothing from each Inkling amiibo. Brb gotta go take some deep breaths, this is way too exciting!

No dude, come on. The action is not so frantic that your mind is literally unable to process the facilities to warn someone that someone is camping a hallway with the roller. Most shooters are faster than Splatoon.

Everybody has a Map on the GamePad that shows the actual situation of your own team / ink. No need to tell.

And about that "don't be worried" and "smiley" thing: :)

New Tumblr Posts

tumblr_nmm7srPULG1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmm7srPULG1u3akyno2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmm7srPULG1u3akyno3_1280.jpg

Splat Zones exposed! Our IT guy’s daughter recently “hacked” into the Inkopolis mainframe and “illegally downloaded” a bunch of new intel about Splat Zones. In this ranked battle mode, players compete to ink specific zones, rather than splattering every last bit of ground with ink like in Turf War. These Splat Zones tend to be in the middle of the multiplayer stages, and teams need to ink the majority of a zone’s surface area to gain control!

Each team starts a Splat Zones battle with a 100-second counter. Once a team takes control of all of a stage’s zones (each stage can have one or two), its timer will start to count down, and the first team to tick their timer down to zero will claim victory! However, if neither team’s counter gets down to zero at the end of five minutes, the team with the lower counter will win.

Once a team has taken control of a zone, they’ll need to do everything in their power to defend it! Meanwhile, the other team will need to throw everything they’ve got at trying to neutralize the zone and seize control for themselves. Focusing the action into these hotly contested areas means there’s never a dull moment when you’re…IN THE ZONE!

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/116150127375/splat-zones-exposed-our-it-guys-daughter#notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom