• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon devs are posting regular updates on Twitter: Weapons, controls, story, more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMoon

This pic was only posted by Nintendo Germany.

CFWzrHfWgAEVaJI.png:orig

Well, but it's super old news^^

Manoko

By the way, just to be sure, the gears unlocked with the amiibo is only usable in singleplayer, right ?
No multiplayer bonus from the amiibo at all ?

TheMoon

By the way, just to be sure, the gears unlocked with the amiibo is only usable in singleplayer, right ?
No multiplayer bonus from the amiibo at all ?

Just so I'm not accused of "lying" again...

The outfits are ONLY for multiplayer! (makes sense actually, no idea why I got confused about that initially)

Jintor

they're only available on the actual amiibo itself, it's a hologram projected by the wii u gamepad (they only use that functionality for splatoon, weird huh)

jariw

...all three?

amiibo_splatoon_illusddqub.jpg

scan amiibo -> unlock challenges for singleplayer -> complete challenges -> unlock gear -> assemble costume -> use in multiplayer

As I understood it, you first need to clear the singleplayer level in regular mode to be able to play it in amiibo challenge mode, so:
clear singleplayer level -> scan amiibo -> unlock challenges for singleplayer -> complete challenges -> unlock gear -> assemble costume -> use in multiplayer

TheMoon

As I understood it, you first need to clear the singleplayer level in regular mode to be able to play it in amiibo challenge mode, so:
clear singleplayer level -> scan amiibo -> unlock challenges for singleplayer -> complete challenges -> unlock gear -> assemble costume -> use in multiplayer

Well yea. :D

Manoko

Oh I see, and are the male gear to be used exclusively with a male character ?

I mean, are those outfits gendered ? I can't use the samurai armor with a female character, and a schoolboy outfit with a male character ?

I would love to buy the male amiibo and use the samurai armor with my female character online.

TheMoon

Damn. have they said anything about making them available for purchase or something?

None of any of the amiibo content has ever been available for purchase.

Oh I see, and are the male gear to be used exclusively with a male character ?

I mean, are those outfits gendered ? I can't use the samurai armor with a female character, and a schoolboy outfit with a male character ?

I would love to buy the male amiibo and use the samurai armor with my female character online.

I don't see anything that's gendered about these characters. If you didn't tell me they're different I wouldn't even know. You can bet money on everything being unisex.

Jintor

Yo if the Boy gets a Gakuran that would be fucking sick. Gakuran are sick as hell.

I've been thinking about the Balloon Barrage; seems like the main thing about balloons is twofold; the burst on impact and the lesser ink drain. The real utility of the special barrage isn't that you save ink, though that's useful; it's that you can absolutely carpet bomb an area in ink immediately. 'Nades have a bigger radius and kill instantly but they still have their timer so any decently aware enemy can just swim away asap. 'nades are thus probably better suited to tossing into areas where you expect enemies to be, whereas balloons are for if you need to get rid of someone right this goddamn second.

I read there's gonna be a design contest in Japan where fans can create outfits that may potentially be put in the game. We TF2 now!

I wouldn't mind boy inklings in skirts. Hey, the majority of the Splatoon development team came from working on Animal Crossing so they're not scared of potential crossdressing options, right? (◡‿◡✿)

Jintor

obvs boy inklings in skirts would be the best possible outcome i don't think anybody is disputing that

well no the best outcome would be gakuran and skirts for all

new updates with beautiful google translate

彼の名は「ダウニー」。 「スーパーサザエ」を渡すと好きなギアに空きスロットを追加してくれるらしい。 スロットが全てギアパワーで埋まっている場合、ギアパワーをランダムで付け直してくれるそうだ。 見た目は怪しいが悪いヤツではない……よね?

His name is "Downey". It seems us to add free slot to favorite gear If you pass a "super turban". If the slot are all filled with gear power, it's so me again with a gear power at random. It's ...... look is not a suspicious but bad guy?

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/600600621813665792

ギアをバトルで使い込むと、空きスロットにランダムでギアパワーが追加されるらしい。 ただし、追加のギアパワーは初期から付いているものより効果が低く、追加3つで初期1個分程度とのことだ。

If you knock down a gear in the battle, it seems random in gear power is added to the empty slot. However, additional gear power are less effective than those with from the initial, the thing with the initial one minute about the additional three.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/600600863636230144

広場に集まるイカ達はMiiverseからやってきたライバルや、先程一戦交えた対戦相手。 話しかけると装備の詳細を見ることができるそうだ。 戦い方の参考にしてもいいし、好みのギアがあれば電話でダウニーに注文することもできるらしい。

Squid our rival and came from Miiverse, opponent who mixes just one leg gather in the square. I hear you talk and be able to see the equipment details. And to I also refer to the fight hand, it seems can also be ordered in Downey by telephone if there is a choice of gear.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/600601384052871168

ブキ担当の研究員による、ブキ立ち回り指南映像「スプラシューター」を公開している。 様々な状況に対応できる汎用性の高さを活かし、所狭しと戦場を駆け回っている。 こちらも試射会で使えるブキなので、ご参考いただきたい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzoypKcAmsU&feature=youtu.be

By researcher of Bukit in charge, we have published a weapon fighting teaching video "spline shooter". Taking advantage of the versatility of the height that can handle a variety of situations, it is running around the battlefield and crowdedly place. Here also because the weapons that can be used in test-fire meeting, I would like your reference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzoypKcAmsU&feature=youtu.be

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/600609529479303170

I read there's gonna be a design contest in Japan where fans can create outfits that may potentially be put in the game. We TF2 now!

Where did you read that?

新宿駅ホームのスプラトゥーンの広告。ひときわ目を引くね。
Splatoon advertising of Shinjuku Station home. It gets a lot of looks conspicuously.
https://twitter.com/yoshiki_tim/status/600659600216432640

そういえばスプラトゥーンのダウンロードカードのイラストがイイのでオススメ
Since the illustration is good Recommended download card of Splatoon Speaking
https://twitter.com/igunis3594/status/597760904130793472

Official Splatoon download card.

スプラトゥーンに出てくる、敵キャラのタコトルーパーを作ってみました。 オクタリアン作ってて面白かったから、全部作ってみようかなぁ( ´¬`) 積層ピッチ0.09mmで7時間でした。 #zortrax

Spline come out in Thun, I tried to make the octopus Trooper of enemy character. It was interesting because if you are making Okutarian, it was 7 hours I wonder if Let's make all ('¬`) stacking pitch 0.09mm. #zortrax
https://twitter.com/o_zeki_t/status/600665745681330177

Fanmade but still wanted to share this Octopus trooper

Jintor

彼の名は「ダウニー」。
「スーパーサザエ」を渡すと好きなギアに空きスロットを追加してくれるらしい。
スロットが全てギアパワーで埋まっている場合、ギアパワーをランダムで付け直してくれるそうだ。
見た目は怪しいが悪いヤツではない……よね?

His name is "Downy" (Spike).

Seems like if you give him a "Super Size", he'll add a free slot on your favourite gear. If all your gear slots are full with powers, he'll reroll a gear power at random.

He looks kinda suss, but he's not a bad guy... right?

Jintor

ギアをバトルで使い込むと、空きスロットにランダムでギアパワーが追加されるらしい。
ただし、追加のギアパワーは初期から付いているものより効果が低く、追加3つで初期1個分程度とのことだ。

If you use a piece of gear in battle for a while, any free slots might spontaneously develop a gear power.

That said, these supplemental powers are less effective than any gear's inherent starting power; it's a standard thing to have three supplemental powers for one inherent power.

Jintor

広場に集まるイカ達はMiiverseからやってきたライバルや、先程一戦交えた対戦相手。
話しかけると装備の詳細を見ることができるそうだ。
戦い方の参考にしてもいいし、好みのギアがあれば電話でダウニーに注文することもできるらしい。

In the plaza, the inklings hanging out are your rivals from previous battles, who've popped out of miiverse to hang out.

Looks like you can chat with them or check out the particulars of their equipment.

If you want to try out some recommended battle strats, or you just like the look of other people's equipment, we think you can call up Spike to place an order.

Jintor

ブキ担当の研究員による、ブキ立ち回り指南映像「スプラシューター」を公開している。
様々な状況に対応できる汎用性の高さを活かし、所狭しと戦場を駆け回っている。
こちらも試射会で使えるブキなので、ご参考いただきたい。

At the request of our Chief Weapons Researcher, we've released the instructional armament video for the "Splashooter" to the public.

Taking advantage of the weapon's all-purpose nature [???], running around narrow places and battlefields.

As this weapon is also available in the Global Testfire, we'd like to thank you in advance for your combat data.

Jintor

Is that saying you don't choose which of the 4 gets rerolled?

I'm unsure. ギアパワーを ランダムで 付け直してくれる そうだ... 
[Gear power] [in the context of random] [repaired/joined again and come] [it seems to be that]

I think given that only the subsequent tweet talks about supplemental powers, it seems Spike will reroll the gear's Initial power. Technically this phrase could mean that "a random gear power is rerolled", but I think on balance it seems more likely that it means "your gear power will be re-rolled to a new random power".

iKhayal18

My Splatoon cosplay is really coming along. Just need an eye mask and I'm there. :)

And you were thinking about getting rid your Wii U not too much ago... You look very cute in that cosplay! ;D

I am really impressed with all the fanart and cosplay that this game has generated. When I saw the video in last year's Digital Event I thought that it looked very childish and it didn't impress me at all, but since I tried the demo, I'm just wanting to play it again. I just hope Eurovision ends soon this year so that I can play for another hour this Saturday before having the game next week.

RagnarokX

Maybe Nintendo should team up with Mt Dew for Splatoon Energy Ink: have a turf war in your digestive tract!

Or maybe Clamato would be more fitting...

Jintor

Fuck. Incredible stealth game hiding in a tiny puddle of pink at the top of the pillar to ambush some poor guy who jumps up.

Really interesting use of the suction bombs to flush snipers on ledges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom