• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon: new info from Famitsu magazine (Hero Mode, multiplayer and more)

Yes. We need to get on teamspeak. Like we do with every other nintendo game.

I was actually thinking that the weapon used would determine your role when organizing for deployment. After that, it's fair game (no such thing as a fair fight).
Anyway, from what I was educated on with points being individually earned, is that it may be a team effort, but it's still a selfish game.
Does Splatoon have friendly fire?

EDIT: Prolly not

Hubb

They do now. For a long time, Conquest was the only mode and to this day it's still the most popular mode in Battlefield. Same goes for Counter-Strike with that one bomb mode that I forgot what it's called.

It has been a long time since I bought Counter-Strike, but I don't remember it being $60 on release. I don't think people would complain if Splatoon released at $25.

I am excited for this game, but my hype has been reign in a little.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Oh wait! Never mind then, I'd just assumed that when they said less than 4v4 didn't work well, that meant there couldn't be a 1v1 mode.

Thanks, very happy to hear this!

Probably they were talking about the online maps, because as you can see in that comment the 1 vs. 1 mode will happen on much smaller arenas.

My guess is that the game really started from the idea of 4 vs 4 online and it really works best like this so they don't want to split the online community among different modes in order to ensure that the 4 vs 4 mode has enough players to provide a smooth experience.

Come on, Nintendo! Every modern online shooter let's you talk to people during matches. A game like this requires cooperation with each other and you cut out the easiest means of communication possible. Why did you even bother putting that mic in the Gamepad if you're never going to make any decent use of it?

Nessus

I wish there was a way to play this game locally, with like 2 or 4 networked Wii U consoles.

Really wish Nintendo, Sony, MS had better wireless LAN support for their current consoles since they always take down the online multiplayer servers after a while, and then there will be no way to play the game anymore.

On PC players can host their own servers long after the parent company drops support, but not here.

I wish there was a way to play this game locally, with like 2 or 4 networked Wii U consoles.

Really wish Nintendo, Sony, MS had better wireless LAN support for their current consoles since they always take down the online multiplayer servers after a while, and then there will be no way to play the game anymore.

On PC players can host their own servers long after the parent company drops support, but not here.

On the Wii, at least, it's still possible to play most Wii games online thanks to hax.

No guarantee that will happen on the Wii U as well, but I think there's a pretty good chance. Nintendo seems to have fostered a community that's willing to reverse-engineer this sort of thing, and the fact that their online network isn't that technically complex probably helps too.

Mesoian

I was actually thinking that the weapon used would determine your role when organizing for deployment. After that, it's fair game (no such thing as a fair fight).
Anyway, from what I was educated on with points being individually earned, is that it may be a team effort, but it's still a selfish game.
Does Splatoon have friendly fire?

EDIT: Prolly not

No. FF is actually beneficial in Splatoon. It helps with the movement options.

Having no bots is somewhat worrisome, it's the one thing I'd prefer most games with online competition (like MGO2) to have after or if the playerbase dies down considerably.

So if someone drops out mid match is the match going go on uneven (4 vs 3)or is that person going to be replaced.

Also for this reason.

Other than that, my excitement is still intact, but with some questions that will hopefully be answered in a dedicated Direct or sooner.

And on the whole argument of the necessity of voice chat, I certainly get the option of having it, and I do hope there's an option for friends, but the structure of the game as we know it for now I don't think requires it; there seems to be enough information given on the map (but I wonder how the map situation will work in local multiplayer, which I'm very glad it has), and maybe they have more planned or will add more with continued support. If this really is going to be a worldwide game in the vein of MK8 or Smash, Jimi makes a great point. And if voice chat was sacrificed for better stability for the gameplay, I can live with that.

Oh, and the standardization arguments of "everyone else does it" and "it's 2015," sort of seem strange for a game seemingly setting itself apart from every other shooter out there (one that got lots praise for it). Yes, there's definitely a lot of similarities to other shooters which is great. And I'm not saying anyone who prefers it shouldn't be upset that what they want isn't there. However, with the rep that online shooters in 2015 still has about content worth muting much of the time, and we're talking about a Nintendo-made game of a company that likes to control the space it operates and occasionaly prevent issues like this, should it be such a big surprise that they decided against it with this?

But I'm speaking prematurely since we don't know all the details about the chat situation. Maybe they do actually have something planned or player outcry will make something happen. More than the features, I hope the core gameplay resonates enough with players that it's a success, maybe even justifying some features considered necessary.

phanphare

Banned
Honestly, the only thing I'm really disappointed by in this is the lack of a 1v1 mode. I know they never said there WOULD be such a mode, but I thought the evidence GameExplain found in that trailer was pretty good.

Also, their reasoning doesn't make much sense. It gave players TOO much responsibility? That doesn't sound like such a big problem...

see I had thought a 1v1 mode was figured out through the footage they released recently. or maybe it's just a training mode....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U3OMeB8j_c;t=2m52s

edit: lol, I'm way too late

NimbusD

So Nintendo can make a technically superb and fun fps type of game, but doesn't actually understand the culture and game modes that have made these games so popular recently.

Can't really say I'm surprised. Unfortunately they have to try doing it their own ass backwards way before they either see the light or give up on it.

Effect

Been thinking about this more and come to the following conclusion. If people are seriously upset and not just annoyed by this then it's on them. Wishing and hoping for full voice chat is okay. As a feature it's good to have even if it isn't really necessary. Options are good. Thinking Nintendo should do and wanting them to do better is fine as well. However expecting it and then getting mad when it doesn't appear when all signs (how they've handled most if not all their Wii U and 3DS online games up till now) point to the conclusion that it wasn't going to happen is not okay. People don't get to be angry because Nintendo didn't live up to an expectation you unreasonably had given the the current examples we have of what they're okay with doing. Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Kid Icarus, etc. It's not even a case of them not being able to do it but choosing not to do it for whatever reason they might have. I think people need to get that and not saying they're incapable, don't get the Internet, etc.

I'm more concerned about matches not starting unless every slot is filled. The lack of information about region matching in addition to skill matching is another thing that concerns me. That directly impacts connectivity and if there might be lag, etc. These are far more important issues I feel. Something we should have expectations toward because other Nintendo game do match based on region. For example Mario Kart, Wii Sports Club, Smash Bros (I think).

Doorman

I was reading through this thread on mobile at work a while earlier today, and a couple of things really stunned me about the reactions to the information these translation-snippets brought out.

Be disappointed if you want to about the lack of ability to voice-chat with random people online, but I don't understand the A) shock and B) pure anger that's been tossed about considering the fact that this model is consistent with pretty much all of Nintendo's other online mulitplayer setups. They figure that enough information is obtained via the GamePad and the flow of turf wars move so quickly that any attempts of forming a strategy are probably only as good as the next 5-10 seconds anyway, considering how freely you and your opponents can move around, and they just don't prioritize chat in their games as much as other developers do. If anything I assume that you'll be able to chat with friends in between matches but probably not during the game itself, just like how it works in Mario Kart and Smash Bros. That is, assuming friend play is even a feature. As far as I know they haven't actually mentioned that at all, but I'm going to hope they don't overlook it.

I've been...concerned for a little while that Turf War would be the only online multiplayer mode to be had, and if so that's also something I'm saddened but not overly surprised by. It formed the basis of Splatoon's prototype to begin with and the ways it differs from a typical FPS/TPS is exactly why it exists at all. They wanted to make a "shooter" that was easy for people to get into who weren't already good at that sort of game, so to build everything around that floor/wall painting mechanic only to then add in the "usual suspects" like a team deathmatch runs counter-intuitive to the original message. Would I be happy to see other gametypes thrown in, even traditional ones? Sure, but I'm capable of understanding why they've made the choice not to, as well.

For as much information as they seem to enjoy leaking out, we still don't know that much about breadth of game modes. 1-player Hero Mode, local 1v1 duels, and online 4v4 turf war. That's all there is so far and if that's literally all it turns out to be, well, that does sound kind of barebones when it's just put in bullet-point format like that. There's still some piece that feels missing from that and I'm not sure exactly what.

EDarkness

No voice chat doesn't bother me at all. I've played a lot of games recently including Dragon Age: Inquisition and no one talks at all. I've only ever heard someone say something once. Same with Mass Effect 3 and even Call of Duty on the Wii U.

The only thing that matters to me is whether or not the game will allow for remote and nunchuck usage. I couldn't care less about the pad stuff. Either way, if it supports remote and nunchuck, then I'll be there day one.

several games utilize it actually, lets try this again, this time without the lying and assumptions

I'm talking about games that use them in tandem with each other; the ones that don't exist. Blowing into the microphone to make a block move in Captain Toad is frivolous functionality at best that doesn't justify the technology. The point I'm trying to make is that the GamePad is the perfect companion for online communication, and it's going to waste because Nintendo is terrified that some little kid is going to talk to a pedophile. Let's try this again without accusing people of lying because you have a blatant agenda.

I mean, I have Skype, so I personally don't care. But the demand is clearly there, so Nintendo is once again proving how out of touch they are with the rest of the industry.

I'm talking about games that use them in tandem with each other; the ones that don't exist. Blowing into the microphone to make a block move in Captain Toad is frivolous functionality at best that doesn't justify the technology. The point I'm trying to make is that the GamePad is the perfect companion for online communication, and it's going to waste because Nintendo is terrified that some little kid is going to talk to a pedophile. Let's try this again without accusing people of lying because you have a blatant agenda.

I mean, I have Skype, so I personally don't care. But the demand is clearly there, so Nintendo is once again proving how out of touch they are with the rest of the industry.

This.

Honestly, how someone can defend this decision with a straight face is beyond me.
Mario Kart and Smash? Fine who cares, but not in a 4v4 team shooter.

And let's not pretend like Nintendo weren't able or willing to adapt their draconian policies (eshop age gating in Europe resolved)
At the very least, give us an option to activate 4 preset messages to either give orders, notify co players, or call for backup.
At the very least, this would make use of the Gamepad when playing with randoms, and also allow for the base level of communication required for strategic 4v4 play.

imae

So is there no voice chat at all, or just no voice chat between randomly matched players?.

The translation suggests they are just talking about random matched teams.

So is there no voice chat at all, or just no voice chat between randomly matched players?.

Safest bet would be to expect no in-game voice chat at all, same as with the lack of ability to party up with 3 other friends seen as how they willingly leave out standard shooter features for no other reason than: Everyone is either a pedo or a little kid.

At the very least they couldn't be so stupid not to include a party system.... can they?

NotLiquid

Considering that both the original, worse translation and StreetAhead's new translation soecifically make point of being "matched" with someone, as well as the precedent set by past online Nintendo games, most likely the latter (even though I wouldn't put it passed them to just have it pre-fights).

Pikma

Banned
I'm not sure why the hell voice chat is so necessary, chatting with random people is far from effective when planning a strategy or whatever, when I have someone to play with (i.e. friends) I just use Hangout or Skype in my phone even if I'm playing a game with voice chat available, be it Mario Kart 8, Smash, COD, Splinter Cell or any other WiiU game. For example, I played Battlefield Hardline for more than 4 hours today and I never felt the need to connect my headset because, honestly, everyone minds their own business and there's no need for it. We're all perfectly capable of knowing what to do in order to win a match.

I think it's more the case of what happens when the game struggles to get 8 players. Throw in bots and go immediately or...wait? You should have the option to do either.
I hate bots in online multiplayer. I just stop playing or leave I hate to play a game ONLINE against some damn cpus

Roo

Why did you even bother putting that mic in the Gamepad if you're never going to make any decent use of it?
You can blow into the it
i9Nf1SpA76PDv.gif

test_account

XP-39C²
They will most likely patch the game, or maybe even reconcider before releasing the game, that a game will start with less than 8 players.

That's nice that they say that, but it never worked for me.
I gave up after a bit of time and played coop exclusively. then started competitive again and the game did the same ... again. Which means I have to call BS on this. Uncharted 2 + 3 pulled the same crap. And I bought Uncharted 3 months after release. I stopped playing Uncharted 2 because of this shit and later also stopped playing Uncharted 3 because of the same shit.

I was so often matched against parties of 5 (max level), it wasn't even funny anymore. And that's a common problem - just google it. There are so many people pissed off by this and Naughty Dog simply doesn't give a shit. I guess those parties buy lots of hats and crap.

btw.
I dont know, a range of upto 150 levels is pretty big (75 over + 75 below) afterall. It might always have worked like intended, but i think levels also is a part of the matchmaking.

and there you have it. They prefer geo location and ping before anything else, where instead it should be level at first simply because newbies will get pissed off when getting slaughtered by parties of 5. And it seems even that didn't work right, because I was often matched against parties of 5 from 'murica, which definitely is not near my location. Great job, Naughty Dog, great fucking job.

And they definitely also don't look at parties themselves. Any sane person would have looked at parties of 3, 4 or 5 people and matched those parties against similar parties. But nope, better match them against single newbies. And if they have to match them against single players, why not match them against slightly higher level single players because you can automatically assume that such a high level party has quite a bit experience.

What's really funny is that I was taken away from properly matched games within 2 or 3 matches, but in case of those parties of 5, nope, wasn't taken away, but was stuck instead.
I hope that the Splatoon developers also concider ping/latency as the highest priority with their matchmaking, especially since they are going with a worldwide matchmaking solution. If they prioritize levels instead, it could potentially ending up being a big lag fest. That is a lot worse, in my opinion. Skills can be improved, but you as a player cant do anything about the lag. The translation did also mention "ideally", meaning that its no guarantee that you will always be matched up with people with similar playtime as you, which hopefully means that they will prioritize latency above anything else.

Its also a problem when creating a party, where the levels of the players can variate quite a bit (one player in the party might be level 10, while the other might be level 50). Then you cant really prioritize levels in the matchmaking. This goes for all games that uses matchmaking. I would assume, or at least hope that Splatoon allows you to create a party with your friends and still be able to match up with randoms.

Mesoian

You know what's worse than that? Losing because you have a mindless bot in your team.

You know what's even worse than that? Waiting 15-20 minutes for a game to start because the matchmaking can't find 8 people. That mess was what sunk Lost Planet 2 and is currently still sinking Halo MCC.

DrWong

You know what's even worse than that? Waiting 15-20 minutes for a game to start because the matchmaking can't find 8 people. That mess was what sunk Lost Planet 2 and is currently still sinking Halo MCC.

Seriously, like you'll have to wait 15mn in the only 1rst party multiplayer shooter which will be heavely pushed and promoted, when I have to wait 5 to 10 mn max to play a Fifa 13 online match with less than 11.500 online players more than 3 years after its release.

This thread is full of apocalyptic drama scenarios which are not even funny to read. Not a big deal, it won't break or do the "success" (relatively speaking) of Splatoon.

wildfire

Banned
With one mode there better be a large variety of weapon and character customization (I'm aware they've already shown off both) and a gigantic selection of maps. Also, unless the single player is long it better not be 40 bucks.

$60 it is then.

They will most likely patch the game, or maybe even reconcider before releasing the game, that a game will start with less than 8 players.

They already told us they tested various sizes already. We ourselves know from past games how subpar an experience can be if the population doesn't match the map.

We should be demanding for quick replacements for disconnects if they haven't implemented it yet.

We should also demand being able to play the single player game while waiting for 7 more to queue up.
It would be even better if we could switch to virtual console games.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

It was mentioned time and time again that games that have similar modes and very low install base on the Wii U like Splinter Cell and COD have no issues of this kind. But go on with your hyperbole.

In the worst kind of scenario in which the online community is so small that the waiting time is too big Nintendo will just patch the game. It's really a non-issue, as it didn't happen in any of Nintendo games on Wii U yet or in the games mentioned above. The only game that has a similar issue is Mario and Sonic at Sochi because it really sold like 13 copies worldwide or something.

And assuming the apocalypse is coming as you say I really prefer big waiting times to bad gameplay and I have a Lego City Undercover to vouch for that.

Edit: would you really prefer badly designed bots over no bots? Just for saving some seconds?

Mesoian

Seriously, like you'll have to wait 15mn in the only 1rst party multiplayer shooter which will be heavely pushed and promoted, when I have to wait 5 to 10 mn max to play a Fifa 13 online match with less than 11.500 online players more than 3 years after its release.

This thread is full of apocalyptic drama scenarios which are not even funny to read. Not a big deal, it won't break or do the "success" (relatively speaking) of Splatoon.

You act like that isn't already happening with games with a much larger install base currently. Again, this is happening with Halo MCC RIGHT NOW. It happened with Titanfall, it happened with BF4 and took them forever to patch it so it worked correctly. I'm not saying Bots are a great option, but they should be just that, an option.

Like seriously guys, I'm really surprised that your attitude towards all this is, "meh, don't worry about it, it'll be fine. Or it won't and it'll suck and they'll patch it."

Edit: would you really prefer badly designed bots over no bots? Just for saving some seconds?

I would rather play than not play, yes. I mean, real talk, you guys talk about quitting games like Gears 3 because of bots; you know what made me quit Lost Planet 2? The fact that I could never get a game going with a full group. Ever. I don't want that to be the situation here.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The difference is that Nintendo hasn't launched a broken game on Wii U yet. They have launched two big online games just last year, with no real issues. Most of the 1st party games have been top notch in quality. So again, why all the drama? Just because others have deliberately chosen to launch broken games knowing that the money will anyhow come? Redirect the drama onto them.

Edit: just don't buy it. Just don't buy any game until you're convinced it works the way you like it. That's the solution, not having some bad workarounds.

Be disappointed if you want to about the lack of ability to voice-chat with random people online, but I don't understand the A) shock and B) pure anger that's been tossed about considering the fact that this model is consistent with pretty much all of Nintendo's other online mulitplayer setups.

Maybe because it's an out of date model? Most people like to talk to people when playing online. If Nintendo is so paranoid about naughty words then there should be a mute button and parental controls enabled out of the box.

Mesoian

The difference is that Nintendo hasn't launched a broken game on Wii U yet. They have launched two big online games just last year, with no real issues. Most of the 1st party games have been top notch in quality. So again, why all the drama? Just because others have deliberately chosen to launch broken games knowing that the money will anyhow come? Redirect the drama onto them.

Because nintendo doesn't commonly make shooters and the things that people are being vocal about aren't technical problems, they're design choices. Let's face it, Splatoon needs to be real big for Nintendo, and for things like voice chat and not starting games until the lobby is full and bots being taken off the table completely and only having one (thus far) multiplayer game mode, these are unorthodox decisions to make in a world that is rife with shooters of all different types, kinds and styles.

I have trouble being okay with the correct course of action being, "Trust Nintendo". That's just me talking, but it's like, I hope someone there is looking around at the other shooters of THIS GENERATION and taking note of what works and what doesn't. Because some of these decisions...they're frightening.

Edit: just don't buy it. Just don't buy any game until you're convinced it works the way you like it. That's the solution, not having some bad workarounds.

I mean, yeah. Totally.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, is there no way to play with the CPU at all? I mean, I understand no online, but is there like a basic offline Vs. Mode against the CPU?

I'm on the fence about this game. It looks neat, and I like what it represents, but I probably wasn't going to pick it up since I'm not a big multiplayer guy without a decent single-player mode. Then they revealed the single-player mode, which bumped my interest back up...still though, I like to play against the CPU more than real-people since to me, it's fun with no strings attached. You don't have to worry about hurting people's feelings, annoying them by what strategies you use, etc. If it's pretty much limited to human-vs-human, well, that's a turn off. No voice chat doesn't bother me since I don't like talking with people online outside of text, I'm embarassed. >.>

hatchx

Banned
You act like that isn't already happening with games with a much larger install base currently. Again, this is happening with Halo MCC RIGHT NOW. It happened with Titanfall, it happened with BF4 and took them forever to patch it so it worked correctly. I'm not saying Bots are a great option, but they should be just that, an option.

Like seriously guys, I'm really surprised that your attitude towards all this is, "meh, don't worry about it, it'll be fine. Or it won't and it'll suck and they'll patch it."

It may have been an issue with programming the AI. Splatoon is not as simple as traverse the environment and shoot at other players, it involves a sideways thinking, covering territory, traversal as a squid for stealth, and all of this while interpreting what the team is doing.

It could have been done, but it doesn't sound easy, and I doubt the AI would have been anything close to good.

It's funny how people in this thread have taken up different issues with the news. Some are upset about lack of voice chat, some about the bots, but far and away the biggest issue for me is the lack of modes. From this interview, there is literally ONE multiplayer type, which is 4x4. So there is no capture the flag, or king of the hill, or deathmatch. That's a huge issue for longevity.

Mesoian

From this interview, there is literally ONE multiplayer type, which is 4x4. So there is no capture the flag, or king of the hill, or deathmatch. That's a huge issue for longevity.

I think this is Splatoon's number 1 issue right now. With a bullet.

I think it is also the most likely to change as more information comes out. A paint coverage based domination mode could be the best thing ever.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It may have been an issue with programming the AI. Splatoon is not as simple as traverse the environment and shoot at other players, it involves a sideways thinking, covering territory, traversal as a squid for stealth, and all of this while interpreting what the team is doing.

It could have been done, but it doesn't sound easy, and I doubt the AI would have been anything close to good.

That's also my point. It might be better for replacing a player that dropped out by copying the behavior, but from the start? It could really fuck up the whole team. It has to be really well done and I doubt that Nintendo can do this from the first iteration of the game. They might after they gather a big amount of data about behavior of the players in online MP, but to do something remotely good from the first time it would take some kind of witchcraft. Or the power of the cloud.

I think some of that has to do with this being such a left field game, and people being worried that it won't get enough support. I mean, that is a possibility, and it would be sad. However, if the game lacks functionality, I don't want to support a product just because I like the concept. I want them to take new IP's seriously. It's a sticky situation.

I don't understand why people are expecting default bots in a 4v4 online mode. Call of duty doesn't do this, titanfall doesn't, halo doesn't.

Also, both call of duty games on Wii u sold terribly and it's still very easy to get into a game. I'm sure Splatoon will outsell CoD on Wii u and if the game it's fun players will stick around.

I'm not so sure about just one mode but maybe they'll create another mode later as dlc, kind of like battlefield bad company which launched with just Rush.

DapperSloth

About the "no-communication". Do you people that don't like it have such a thing for socializing? I for one am very very glad that there is no voice-chat or communication in games like these. Why would I? Why would you? Do you really need to talk to people? It really boggles my mind that people NEED to talk/communicate with others while they play. It's like they crave it, and when it's not there, they are dissapointed (ergo: this thread).

In Splatoon it would just be redundant with voice-chat. Like a poster already said, you already see where you need to go/do if anyone needs help. I can't see my enjoyment in the game while a person is talking in my ear for the remainder of the match.

Yay for Nintendo for not doing something that is considering "a must" today, namely communcation and voice-chat.

Just like your first day in neogaf?

That's hardly an apt comparison. As jimi_dini pointed out, GAF is a regulated community. You speak the language designated by the TOS, or you risk a ban. You accept these conditions when registering an account. Nintendo can't operate their business this way.

People tend to over-estimate the relevance of English world-wide. Only 5% of the world's population speak English natively (well over half of them being US residents). The remaining 95% speak it when they feel it's necessary, or not at all. As I mentioned earlier, Europe is pretty fractured. The only English-speaking territories, United Kingdom and Ireland, are minuscule compared to the mainland. In fact, we have four big countries (France, Germany, Spain and Italy), a total of 260 million people, whose primary language isn't English. From my experience of living in the largest of them, Germany, I assert that there's a very strong tradition around the native tongue - in everything from pop culture to every-day life. I browse Miiverse with the language filter off, and the overwhelming majority of posts aren't in English.

Mesoian

About the "no-communication". Do you people that don't like it have such a thing for socializing? I for one am very very glad that there is no voice-chat or communication in games like these. Why would I? Why would you? Do you really need to talk to people? It really boggles my mind that people NEED to talk/communicate with others while they play. It's like they crave it, and when it's not there, they are dissapointed (ergo: this thread).

In Splatoon it would just be redundant with voice-chat. Like a poster already said, you already see where you need to go/do if anyone needs help. I can't see my enjoyment in the game while a person is talking in my ear for the remainder of the match.

Yay for Nintendo for not doing something that is considering "a must" today, namely communcation and voice-chat.

Yup. Coordination is annoying, so fuck it, burn it down.

SmithnCo

Still waiting for solid word on voice chat with parties. Nintendo was always too conservative to allow it with randoms anyway.

wildfire

Banned
So, is there no way to play with the CPU at all? I mean, I understand no online, but is there like a basic offline Vs. Mode against the CPU?

I'm on the fence about this game. It looks neat, and I like what it represents, but I probably wasn't going to pick it up since I'm not a big multiplayer guy without a decent single-player mode. Then they revealed the single-player mode, which bumped my interest back up...still though, I like to play against the CPU more than real-people since to me, it's fun with no strings attached. You don't have to worry about hurting people's feelings, annoying them by what strategies you use, etc. If it's pretty much limited to human-vs-human, well, that's a turn off. No voice chat doesn't bother me since I don't like talking with people online outside of text, I'm embarassed. >.>

I get the psychology behind this thinking. You should appreciate that since voice chat with atleast randoms is gone you won't be able to hear them be angry or sad. It blunts most of the emotional impact you would feel.

Top Bottom