• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon update Aug 6th - Team Ranked, custom game, level/ranked cap raise, new gear

ryechu

Is this game gamepad only, I want to use a pro controller

Gamepad only. They want you to use the map, but beyond that they want you to use motion controls. They know better than the average beginner about how motion controls are superior, even though it feels cumbersome initially. The amount of people who immediately turn motion controls off, myself including in the testfire, are screwing themselves over.

Is this game gamepad only, I want to use a pro controller

You need the gamepad. The touchscreen displays the map in real time and is very important for keeping track of the action. It's also what allows you to quick jump to beacons or other teammates.

While you can choose to use twin stick aiming, I'd recommend getting used to the gyro. It really is superior for aiming and looking around while freeing up your thumb for jumping. You might hate it at first and it could take a while to wrap your brain around the mechanic. I played single player first and used it to accustom myself to the controls. By the time I hit multiplayer your couldn't pay me to revert to dual analog stick aiming.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Has there been any word about increasing the amount of content in local co-op/vs?

Be great if they added more weapons and Maps to the dojo....

Also can we take two players online yet from local play? It's the mode I spend most of my time in and it's super limited right now

Hatchtag

Banned
Has there been any word about increasing the amount of content in local co-op/vs?

Be great if they added more weapons and Maps to the dojo....

Also can we take two players online yet from local play? It's the mode I spend most of my time in and it's super limited right now

Yeah, the lack of maps and weapon combinations in the dojo does suck. For people unaware, none of the new maps or weapons have been added since release to this mode. It's not the best mode, but it's kinda fun and I can't imagine adding things already in the game to this mode would be particularly challenging.

Top Bottom