• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom Fox

Banned
We have no way to know to know what the original contract terms were between Konami and Kojipro.

People will drive themselves insane over this game. It had a horrifically long development cycle. There's no way it didn't end up with a shitload of cut content.
Yeah but why give him a contract that expires 3-4 months after shipping? It makes no sense.
Isn't MGO coming out around that time on the pc?

Other than mission 51, the content might already be all on disc. Doubt they would charge for it, doesn't seem like a long chapter really. If we got the ending, all finished as it appears to be, chances are a lot of other stuff was done. But now people will find all the data anyway so too bad either way.
Nah, MGO is January for PC, still Kojima doesn't oversee MGO as its not integrated into the story. The stuff we have found on the discs aren't finished so it could be a destiny situation where some of it was already there, they just needed to complete it after shipping and then sell it.
I don't even care at this point, I would buy it.
I'd buy it, as long as it was substantial and added on to the end of the story.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
It was funny but also what the game needed more of. Something with a bit of character. How many other cutscenes stand out? Or have great character moments?

The Quiet Actions scenes are pretty good, plus the super throwback 'remember MGS3?' with ocelot saying how engraved pistols offer no tactical advantage. Other than that there are few cutscenes I can remember.

That was venom in mg1. Big boss in mg2.

So did both create outer heaven then?

actually nvm that outer heaven fan comic kind of explained it well.

Also wouldn't have quiet died with the parasites as she spoke english? and surely she would have infected venom/ahab when she was next to him speaking?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Also, this ending explains how BB and Miller can go back to work for Foxhound, they saved the world. We just don't know how it unfolds exactly, possibly something like nuclear weapons were going to be fired from X countries so they had to disable all nukes to save the world.

Always thought since way back that they would have to do something really heroic in MGSV to justify going back to Foxhound.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
It's saying all nukes have been disabled. That was probably chapter 3 then; they do what Skull Face wanted to do, but don't threaten the world with nukes. Plus, that's a monument to The Boss, says so at the bottom.

At the top it says:

IN COMMEMORATION OF A WORLD FREE OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS

....what...why would there be a monument to The Boss...

Cubed

Also, this ending explains how BB and Miller can go back to work for Foxhound, they saved the world. We just don't know how it unfolds exactly, possibly something like nuclear weapons were going to be fired from X countries so they had to disable all nukes to save the world.

Always thought since way back that they would have to do something really heroic in MGSV to justify going back to Foxhound.

I suppose that's why I'm more satisfied with this ending than others. I wasn't looking for a reason BB turned "evil." I figured MGS IV made it pretty clear that while BB was a bit of a dick and made bad calls, he wasn't "evil." So, anyway, what I wanted from this game was more of an explanation of how BB ended up back with the U.S. government and founding the new Foxhound. Phantom Pain mainly got that part of the story filled in; though I also wanted to see G. Fox and Sniper Wolf stuff. However, while I didn't get to see those two people, I did get an explanation (whether it was needed or not) for how BB showed up, basically scratch-free in MG 2, and the origins of Nanomachines.

So, long story short: I got the main answer I was looking for along with a few other answers I wasn't expecting.

Lastly, the whole meta part of BB's legacy being created by "me" was much appreciated on my end.

I'll say it right now: This is a decent MGS story... just shoddily executed. It's not the story-height of the series like MGS3 was for me, but it's pretty solid (pun!)... just lacking in execution. Add in the best gameplay the series has ever seen and I'm quite satisfied with the game overall. My biggest letdown is that I didn't take control of a David Hayter-voiced Solid Snake in an Epilogue Mission through Outer Heaven.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
That comic is so corny. Are people serious? They would enjoy for Angel Quiet to come pick you up in an MG1 ending? lol

e: Oh fuk

RiZCXTX.jpg

Leads into MSX era

XoTrO7s.png

Reebot

That sort of scenario is exactly what I thought of after beating the game and letting it sit for a bit. It's not that bad at all. Just a shame it doesn't get expanded on.

As is, I'd argue its terrible. You could see some potential in it - and even that's a stretch, I'm not convinced the comic is a story wroth telling - but there's nothing in MGS V itself.

Sifl

Repost #7824.
The parasite attacks lungs, she doesn't use her lungs, it doesn't affect her. It takes some time before the parasites start copulating, just saying a phrase doesn't mean instant bio-hazard.
Am I misremembering, or were her lungs destroyed in the chlorine incident? Could've sworn there was something about some of her organs being destroyed. If she doesnt have lungs, the parasites wouldn't be able to survive.
Fake Edit: Maybe at the start when she got burned in the hospital was when it happened?

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Repost #7824.
The parasite attacks lungs, she doesn't use her lungs, it doesn't affect her. It takes some time before the parasites start copulating, just saying a phrase doesn't mean instant bio-hazard.

So she wouldn't die as she doesn't use her lungs, but if she encountered others after she spoke English they would be infected hence why she leaves for the desert?

Yen

The more cut content I see the more I worry that Konami are going to charge us for it. Why else would they keep Kojima and KojiPro until December?

I don't think the KojiPro team is being released, just Kojima. Of course, you would expect a lot of the team to follow Kojima out the door, but you would imagine that they'd be starting to plan their next game before the end of the year.

Am I misremembering, or were her lungs destroyed in the chlorine incident? Could've sworn there was something about some of her organs being destroyed. If she doesnt have lungs, the parasites wouldn't be able to survive.
Fake Edit: Maybe at the start when she got burned in the hospital was when it happened?

Yes they got burnt to a crisp, they are technically dead.

So she wouldn't die as she doesn't use her lungs, but if she encountered others after she spoke English they would be infected hence why she leaves for the desert?

Exactly.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
....what...why would there be a monument to The Boss...

It's a quote that says:

"We have no tomorrow, but there is still hope for the future" - Tsylenoyarsk, 1964

""Here lies proof of the virtue of a mother as validated by her sons"

In the cut audio, V tells BB that one day they won't be needed anymore, but they can still leave something to the future generations.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
That comic is so corny. Are people serious? They would enjoy for Angel Quiet to come pick you up in an MG1 ending? lol
Eh, I interpret it as a hallucination. Also rather poetic since V "didn't choose to be quiet" either in terms of being put in BB's position since the hospital.
People love quiet even though she's the worst buddy
That's not D-Horse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom