• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spotify app for PS3/4 was installed by more than 1.5M people in 24 hours

The Xbox 360 music player is still superior; it would automatically mute the in-game music when you had your own playing. With this, you have to go into the settings and do it yourself :(

Primeau31

The Xbox 360 music player is still superior; it would automatically mute the in-game music when you had your own playing. With this, you have to go into the settings and do it yourself :(

not every game; it auto deactivates my music in Bloodborne for instance. may be a game to game case

le.phat

The spotify app mutes in-game music aswell, and continues the in-game music once you pause spotify.

It does mute the music though. Some games apparently dont but it does when the game allows it.

Quasar

Can't believe it's not on Xbox one.

I love spotify, can the music be played in the background whilst you play games?

Well I'd consider the existing Xbox music option (now that you can also access music from onedrive) superior. well aside from the fact there is no free tier.

What is DLNA? Have always wondered.

Regarding consoles it means you can watch your illegally downloaded tv-shows and movies on the console media player via streaming from your PC in the same network.

(which is also the reason Sony is not in a hurry to give support to it)

Spotify + Driveclub = Match made in heaven.

DriveClub officially supports it too. But since essentially all games let you mute music audio it might as well be custom soundtracks.

Well I'd consider the existing Xbox music option (now that you can also access music from onedrive) superior. well aside from the fact there is no free tier.

Yeah, but the xbox music app snap can't be removed from the screen. So while you can play background music you can't get rid of the music player snap from taking up the screen.

Ashtar

Twitch is exclusive on Xbox One, Spotify on PS4.

full

I use twitch on PS4 breh

Kind of sucks you've gotta suspend a game to actually go into it. It's fine for some things but it would be a hassle with an online game

Kudo

Because the browser can do that. But no dedictated app for playstation plattforms.

Live from Playstation shows Twitch streams as far as I know.

I downloaded this program and trying Spotify for the first time in my life, It's pretty nice and can see why lot of people like it.

BladeSinner

Neo Member
Good job Sony I guess? From a business standpoint this is awesome for them. I just wish my Xbox brethren could also enjoy Spotify. Bottom line though I guess I dislike exclusivity things, unless they are first party features/games.

DOWN

Banned
Guys, Twitch on PS4 only shows PS4 broadcasts. The Xbox has the full scale app where you can see all Twitch streams.

DavidDesu

Yeah, but the xbox music app snap can't be removed from the screen. So while you can play background music you can't get rid of the music player snap from taking up the screen.

Is this true? If so anyone spouting that Xbox Music is superior can really stop posting rubbish :p Never understood why multi tasking things like TV on XB1 forced you the have a chunk of screen used up and there wasn't a resizable picture in picture box for TV for instance with the game still running full screen behind it. The things touted as features of the XB1 never felt very well thought out to me and seemed cool but a hindrance ultimately.

DavidDesu

Kind of sucks you've gotta suspend a game to actually go into it. It's fine for some things but it would be a hassle with an online game

The key thing is that anyone with a smartphone can use the Spotify app (or from a laptop as well I believe) to control tunes and playlists etc without needing to enter the Spotify PS4 app. Which depending on how you look at it could be an improved experience, if your phone is always at hand, or you could have an iPad or laptop setup with Spotify open beside you the whole time if you like to chop and change music quite often.

The PS4 app is always going to be a slow and clunky way of finding music to play vs these methods.

Top Bottom