• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces "Bravely Default For The Sequel" for 3DS

Ok Square officially wins the award for developer with the weirdest game titles ever. And we all though Bravely Default Flying Fairy was as weird as it got.

So may people are gonna not read the OP and get all hyped for a BD sequel. Then...disappointment and rage.

faridmon

Does the title actually have ''the sequel'' in the name? WTF?

are they going to put that word into the box and printed?

SE you mad

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
So square enix bravely default "bravely default 2" for bravely default fans temporarily with "bravely default for the sequel"

I hope they change the Western name when they localize this. I'd rather have something simple like Final Fantasy Fable or whatever.

I hope they change the Western name when they localize this. I'd rather have something simple like Final Fantasy Fable or whatever.
Already exists. :p
Final_Fantasy_Fables.jpg

gwarm01

Remember when we got vanilla Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 when Japan already had the professional edition? Expect the same here.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
'Please buy this to fund the sequel because all our real money is going toward mobile/social/browser games.'

Kouriozan

Includes:
- New story events
- New controls for more comfortable play
- Auto-mode can make battles up to 4 times faster
- Difficulty options
- Save slots increased to 3
- Supports old save files

GIMME!
Can't wait for the PAL release, maybe that's why it got delayed.

"Bravely Default For The Sequel" That's the actual title? And it's not a mobile game or a game with Lightning and SE is still making it? Weird.

I hope this is the version they'll release in the West and not milk their consumers by making the additional content paid DLC.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hahaha, amazing subtitle. I'm playing BDFF right now and loving it. Was tempted to make an LTTP thread, but decided against it.

Tempted to get FTS for collection purposes, though.

It could go either way. I mean, we're getting the International content in the FFX HD set, and as you might recall back when FFXI came out in the states it released with the first expansion because of this very same timing issue.

But realistically, my expectations for Square Enix are abysmally low, so I won't hold my breath.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

I honestly hope they don't call it FF. It's weird to say, but I love that it's FF but not by name. A rose by any other name in game form.

Playing Bravely Default right now, I get why they called it that, but it's a poor choice of name. the Brave/Default system is neato, though. Simple, but effective.

-Horizon-

So, it's likely this is the version that is getting localized for next year then I'm guessing?

SE: thank you for buying the game, we will now announce the sequel for mobile.

There's nothing wrong with the name, they just need to make it look edgy for western audiences

RBNi5Xy.jpg

I can still see the title, needs more scores and reviews.

FryHole

Clinging to the possibility that as Nintendo is publishing it in the West we're hopefully more likely to get this version than if SE were doing it themselves.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This would make the wait to 2014 more bearable. Hopefully we get it, and that potential sequel.

But we'll probably just get the vanilla BD and it will bomb, so no sequel. I have no faith in my fellow gamers.

Oh good, I'll that take as confirmation of a sequel. So yay!

PS: There's no way we'll get that version. It's KH: Final Mix all over again
In fairness, Final Mix came out after the English version was already released, and that even came with some bonus content that was added back into Final Mix. So I don't think it's impossible for us to get this version if the release date is that far out.

Instro

Good stuff, I heard the game was a tad on the easy side so difficulty options will be nice. Surely this is the version we will get in the west, but if its at least dlc then so be it.

Famassu

HAHA good one Ducky, we know this is SE we're talking about...
You mean the company who has sometimes added a lot of content/made improvements to games' western versions when they've taken some time to get localized? (FFX, KH1, KHBBS etc.)

The company that is going out of their way to make the best HD Collections around with FFX | X-2 and KH 1.5 HD ReMix?

Yeah, it would seem likely that this is the version SQEX would bring over. Though, it's Nintendo localizing it, so blame them if they opt to bring the worse version.

Famassu

'Please buy this to fund the sequel because all our real money is going toward mobile/social/browser games.'
Those mobile games are making them money. You're once again barking up the wrong tree, especially when most if not almost all of those games are outsourced.

tuffy

Yeah, it would seem likely that this is the version SQEX would bring over. Though, it's Nintendo localizing it, so blame them if they opt to bring the worse version.
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo pushed for a lot of those changes in the first place, and SQEX is backporting them to the home region for some free money.

You mean the company who has sometimes added a lot of content/made improvements to games' western versions when they've taken some time to get localized? (FFX, KH1, KHBBS etc.)

The company which localization efforts in the last years has been a joke. Like BD that they aren't even localizing and publishing to the west, missing DQ games or Type 0 for not talking about their pissing to a whole lot of Europe fans because they can't even localize their shit to most european languages like they did years before.

Asd202

Oh please Nintendo is localizing it because SE doesn't give a fuck. We wouldn't saw this game if it wasn't for Nintendo.

Why Nintendo? If SE is refusing to offer them the latest version of the game then it'd be on SE rather than Nintendo.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Why Nintendo? If SE is refusing to offer them the latest version of the game then it'd be on SE rather than Nintendo.

vareon

You know, as far as "funding for sequel" goes, I actually thought Squenix will port BDFF to iOS/Android then make the sequel on 3DS. But no! We're (well, they're) getting another BDFF.

Ondore

Crowdfunding: ur doin it... wrong? right? I can't tell here.

[ stock comment regarding bringing expanded version to the West ]

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Why not just kickstarter(with expansion dlc as a reward) this instead of asking fans to buy the same game twice. It is a lot better than having retailer taking a cut from you.

Top Bottom