• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix at Gamescom '15: FFXV headlines main stage, other "reveals" teased

Status
Not open for further replies.

sora87

Are they having a conference then? Will this be streamed?
Anyone expecting 2016 for this game is gonna be disappointed I feel.

Glad the silence around FFXV is finally ending, it was short compared to the days of Versus but still, glad we're finally getting to see something else than Duscae.

How much of the original Kingdom Hearts staff is working on FFXV? Or is it entirely Crisis Core/Type-0 team now?

I think most of the team is from the KH team still. KH III is being developed by Osaka team anyway.

UCBooties

Announce FF12 HD Square, PLEASE!

But this is good news indeed. I'm thinking worldwide release next year. Either Fall or Winter.

That was the first thing I thought of too but honestly I think the announcement of FF7 remake, Nier, and two new projects at E3 has killed the chances of that. It seems like they have too much on their plate in house to hope for a remake of FFXII at this point.

BreakAtmo

It's either that or Jump Festa.

Ooooh, I forgot about Jump Festa. I do think it's most likely PSX given the PS focus at E3 - announced at Sony's conference rather than S-E's, 'First on PS4', etc. - but I might be wrong.

Hell, we might get info at both! I would call that unlikely, but after E3 I don't think anyone gets to call things unlikely ever again. :D

Wiggy

Havent FF12 HD, KH Collection and a DQ remaster all been confirmed by verendus for PS4? It would be good to have them all announced at once, doubt it though.

Havent FF12 HD, KH Collection and a DQ remaster all been confirmed by verendus for PS4? It would be good to have them all announced at once, doubt it though.
Japan is having a DQ thing on Jump, it's more likely it would show up there or at a possible DQXI event than at Gamescom

Whompa02

I've been waiting since 2006 for this god damn game. So glad to see that it's finally getting the spotlight.

1. You won't get news until winter as its already been confirm that the next time we'll hear about it is then.

2. No way we'll get a release date without seeing any form of actual gameplay first.

cmon_son.jpg

lol please be joking.

I've never been more cereal in my entire life.

Velcro Fly

Man I don't want to get my hopes up for Square Enix to do anything good but man the thirst is fucking real for Dragon Quest on my 3DS

Final Fantasy XV – The “huge stage” of Square Enix’s booth is all about Final Fantasy XV. Visitors will be treated to “a number” of stage presentations with many well-known guests and new insights into the upcoming game. Select fans will also get the chance to play Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae 2.0 at the booth. More information regarding the Final Fantasy XV stage schedule will be announced in the coming weeks.

In addition to this, Square Enix says it has “more new announcements and reveals at Gamescom 2015,” which will also be shared in the coming weeks.

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/square-e...ultiple-final-fantasy-xv-stage-events-planned

That was the first thing I thought of too but honestly I think the announcement of FF7 remake, Nier, and two new projects at E3 has killed the chances of that. It seems like they have too much on their plate in house to hope for a remake of FFXII at this point.

Well, they'd probably outsource most of the work as with other HD re-releases. So we can still hope!

paolo11

I want a release date for FFXV. Hopefully early 2016.

And DQ7 and DQ8 localization will make me extremely excited.

I so want this to mark Square's return to their glory days. They have amazing and interesting games in the pipeline, now it's just a matter of delivering and I'll feel like I'm gaming in the 90's again. Let it be.

Blobbers

New FF XV info - good
Please don't be the Duscae area though. Preferably showcase a big HD town this time around. Show us some neat town mechanics. Seriously, no Duscae.

New FF XV info - good
Please don't be the Duscae area though. Preferably showcase a big HD town this time around. Show us some neat town mechanics. Seriously, no Duscae.

I think it's safe to assume that whatever they reveal, it's not going to be a part of Duscae.
This is the start of the marketing push for FF XV. The demo is a thing of the past.

aerts1js

I would like:

*FF15 Release Date.

*FFXII HD & Kingdom Hearts 2 HD for ps4.

*Unveiling of a new Type 0 game.

*New Chrono game.

*Public Firing of Toriyama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom