• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix at Gamescom '15: FFXV headlines main stage, other "reveals" teased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trago

New FF XV info - good
Please don't be the Duscae area though. Preferably showcase a big HD town this time around. Show us some neat town mechanics. Seriously, no Duscae.

Personally, I want to see the city you escape from.

2787229-ffxv_accordo.jpg

And some new stuff as well.

I think it's safe to assume that whatever they reveal, it's not going to be a part of Duscae.
This is the start of the marketing push for FF XV. The demo is a thing of the past.

Yeah, unless they just excised a fuckload from Duscae, I doubt there's much else to even say about the area.

I'd wager we get a big, bombastic story-heavy trailer with a lot of new areas and gameplay, and maybe a release date (or a release quarter, at least).

Ray Down

Banned
Dragon Quest Heroes XB1 announcement.

lo not happening.

New FF XV info - good
Please don't be the Duscae area though. Preferably showcase a big HD town this time around. Show us some neat town mechanics. Seriously, no Duscae.

Oh we will probably still be in Duscae, the region we had in the demo was only about 10% of the region.

My guess it will focus on Lestallum and other towns and areas in Duscae outside of the demo area. Plus maybe Accordo.

BreakAtmo

Personally, I want to see the city you escape from.

2787229-ffxv_accordo.jpg

And some new stuff as well.

Actually, I believe the whole 'escape from Insomnia' part has been excised. It was part of the Versus XIII story, and was in the E3 2013 footage was was since confirmed to be a prototype build, but the story has apparently since changed, with the invasion now happening while Noctis and the guys are on their trip, so Noctis is forced to hear about his home being taken while not being able to do anything about it. I might be wrong but I'm sure I read about this in interviews.

Of course we'll almost certainly go to Insomnia - it's even on the map they revealed - but it might be later in the game.

Actually, I believe the whole 'escape from Insomnia' part has been excised. It was part of the Versus XIII story, and was in the E3 2013 footage was was since confirmed to be a prototype build, but the story has apparently since changed, with the invasion now happening while Noctis and the guys are on their trip, so Noctis is forced to hear about his home being taken while not being able to do anything about it. I might be wrong but I'm sure I read about this in interviews.

Of course we'll almost certainly go to Insomnia - it's even on the map they revealed - but it might be later in the game.

It's part of a FFXV trailer.

Son Of D

I doubt KH PS4 collection and FFXII HD will be announced here. The KH collection will probably be at D23 in August or October for an early 2016 release, FFXII HD will probably be announced at TGS with an early to mid 2016 release. New announcements will probably be any Eidos games, F2P mobile/PC games or stuff like FFXV PC.

KoopaTheCasual

It's part of a FFXV trailer.
So was character switching.
I doubt KH PS4 collection and FFXII HD will be announced here. The KH collection will probably be at D23 in August or October for an early 2016 release, FFXII HD will probably be announced at TGS with an early to mid 2016 release. New announcements will probably be any Eidos games, F2P mobile/PC games or stuff like FFXV PC.
Listen to this man.

Wait, whoever responded to that picture talking about the "Escape from Insomnia" thing must be getting mixed up. The picture he quoted isn't Insomnia.

Ray Down

Banned
Guys, I really wouldn't put any hope in either of those things for XB1. That's the discussion we've been having in the ms skipping tgs thread. Those are Japanese games, they're not likely at all to bother with ports to the XB1.

I know, I mean if the 360 didn't get the HD collections why would the One get them.

The camera work at the Prompto scene where he takes cover behind the wall really makes it look like he's being charcter controlled. Still pretty sure that was just the AI though.

Edit: Yup. Noctis's UI is always there. There rest are more clearly just the AI doing their thing with the camera focused on them.

Asd202

The camera work at the Prompto scene where he takes cover behind the wall really makes it look like he's being charcter controlled. Still pretty sure that was just the AI though.

Edit: Yup. Noctis's UI is always there. There rest are more clearly just the AI doing their thing with the camera focused on them.

That wasn't AI it was pre-rendered.

KoopaTheCasual

Those just look like early combination attacks
Hmm, I forgot that combo atracks do switch perspective sometime. But you also have to keep in mind this was a full year before Tabata admitted to cutting character switching, so maybe those cuts were a work around before they decided it was too much trouble.

Anyway, I'm not equating character switching and complete story re-write. Just saying that I wouldn't put much stock in 'it appeared in an earlier trailer, so it probably won't change'

The gameplay E3 2013 reveal trailer, with the final 20 seconds of quick cuts showing gameplay from Gladiolus and over the shoulder Prompto footage.

I think that was just AI or combination attacks with some fancy camerawork. In one of the cuts, for example, Gladiolus looks like he's being player-controlled until Noctis runs by and softs target an enemy far behind him.

Mario007

That's not Insomnia.

KoopaTheCasual

I think that was just AI or combination attacks with some fancy camerawork. In one of the cuts, for example, Gladiolus looks like he's being player-controlled until Noctis runs by and softs target an enemy far behind him.
Yea, you guys are probably right. The more I look at it, the more it seems like theyre just playing out animations, and using camera tricks

Burbeting

Banned
Like others I too wish for a story trailer. Just not one that spoils everything... But considering SE:s track record, they will spoil too much.

Or then we just get more Duscae ;__;.

So pretty much a 2 year wait?

SE has done simultaneous PC releases before, but never with their Japanese games (that I can recall, anyway).

I'd be surprised if FFXV doesn't come to PC, but I would be more surprised if it came to PC immediately. I feel certain they'll focus on getting the game out to the public on the existing announced platforms first.

SE has done simultaneous PC releases before, but never with their Japanese games (that I can recall, anyway).

I'd be surprised if FFXV doesn't come to PC, but I would be more surprised if it came to PC immediately. I feel certain they'll focus on getting the game out to the public on the existing announced platforms first.

I'd be fine with a 6 months late release, same as Type-0 HD.

BreakAtmo

Wait, whoever responded to that picture talking about the "Escape from Insomnia" thing must be getting mixed up. The picture he quoted isn't Insomnia.

Yeah, I might be getting mixed up - I remember, Insomnia is designed more like a modern Japanese city. That open Venice-like city on that water, do we know its name? The guy posted the image along with 'the city you escape from', which I believe IS or was Insomnia, so I got confused.

Hmm, I forgot that combo atracks do switch perspective sometime. But you also have to keep in mind this was a full year before Tabata admitted to cutting character switching, so maybe those cuts were a work around before they decided it was too much trouble.

Anyway, I'm not equating character switching and complete story re-write. Just saying that I wouldn't put much stock in 'it appeared in an earlier trailer, so it probably won't change'

The original guy who made that claim in the first place got the locations mixed up completely. The whole part with this

isn't part of anything FFVXIII, and isn't the escape from Inomniac thing he mentioned. Tabata never said he cut story stuff from early XV trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom