• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix showing two trailers at VGX [Up: One seemingly is Thief]

Welp lol

HFoHZal.png

https://twitter.com/Thief/status/407628076869115904

Glass Rebel

Eidos Montreal is over 550 people so I don't think it would be especially weird.

That's basically 2-3 studios worth.

I feel that Thief and Deus Ex, as two first person games where stealth plays a big part, would be too close together. I know they play nothing alike but I still think they will keep them further apart.

What's up with people thinking studios can't market two games at once? First with Mass Effect and DAI, and now this lol.

Pubs do it all the time.

Isn't ME4 Montreal and DAI Edmonton? Nevertheless, that wasn't what I was trying to say. I worded it weirdly.

Derrick01

Banned
that Thief trailer better be some fucking gameplay

For our sake I hope it's not. It's been embarrassed enough.

Also think about it. Even if this was a good stealth game how do you expect a short trailer at a place like the VGX would be? It's going to be as dudebro'd as possible, even if the game was the next Thief 2 in gameplay.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Thief isn't Deus Ex 4.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I feel that Thief and Deus Ex, as two first person games where stealth plays a big part, would be too close together. I know they play nothing alike but I still think they will keep them further apart.
From that perspective I can see where you're coming from.

Isn't ME4 Montreal and DAI Edmonton? Nevertheless, that wasn't what I was trying to say. I worded it weirdly.

Somewhat, but the bulk of staff moves between projects.

For example, BioWare Montreal is working on Dragon Age: Inquisition: http://news.ea.com/press-release/bioware/bioware-announces-dragon-age-3-inquisition

EA said:
EDMONTON, Alberta--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BioWare, a Label of Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA), today announced Dragon Age™ 3: Inquisition, the next chapter in the award-winning role-playing game (RPG) franchise, is in development at BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Montreal.

The two studios are also making a new IP at the same time as Mass Effect and Dragon Age.

BioWare has over 800 staff though so they have a lot of resources to work on four games at once (since SWTOR is also there).

Glass Rebel

Somewhat, but the bulk of staff moves between projects.

For example, BioWare Montreal is working on Dragon Age: Inquisition: http://news.ea.com/press-release/bioware/bioware-announces-dragon-age-3-inquisition

The two studios are also making a new IP at the same time as Mass Effect and Dragon Age.

BioWare has over 800 staff though so they have a lot of resources to work on four games at once (since SWTOR is also there).

Shows how much I know about BioWare. That's crazy. Thanks for the info.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Couldn't the Thief stuff be some of the panels that is happening in the recorded show and not one of the official reveals from Square?

Pociask

Speaking of Chrono Break and projects that seem to never happen, what are the chances that Square would do a Megaman 9 style revival to an old franchise, such as Chrono Trigger?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Couldn't the Thief stuff be some of the panels that is happening in the recorded show and not one of the official reveals from Square?

In theory, but so far they've announced a total of one game we haven't seen tons of footage from already, so I'm not inspired with confidence.

Goli

Did everyone forget about Murdered? I know I did. Now's the time to show something new for that game.

MilkBeard

Thief, eh? We haven't really seen much of the game so it could be cool. It makes sense that they'd want to create hype for it because it's going to be releasing fairly soon.

Goli

It's gonna be so amusing if they show a Deus Ex related trailer that doesn't mention platforms or anything at the start to get everyone's hopes up only for it to end up being a trailer of part 2 of The Fall.

Sigh, Thief trailer is good and all, but seriously VGX feels empty this year, I mean sure we will get some trailers from MS and Sony, but on the 3rd party front, not seeing much.

Did everyone forget about Murdered? I know I did. Now's the time to show something new for that game.
I still remember it, though it will be for a very small group, doubt it will be huge to appear at VGX or take a major front that is.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's not a long face, but a legitimate question. Are you confirming that it's true ? There won't be a single commercial for three whole hours ?

What !? How are they funding this shit ?

It's not a TV broadcast to note. I assume the actual TV broadcast is packed with ads.

Sheroking

It's not a TV broadcast to note. I assume the actual TV broadcast is packed with ads.

Networks have dipped their toes into no/reduced commercial broadcasts.

They usually find a major title sponsor and plug them every four minutes with banner ads, product placement, etc.

Asd202

Nope they announced it too early... and now people continue to whine about its absence from every show.

OH MY GOD WHO WOULD HAVE GUEST?
Outside of everybody :p.
Anyway both will Eidos titles obviously.

Probably won't see that game again until next E3.

Which I am honestly fine with because I want to see a more final build.

Well than be excited for E3 2015 (maybe).

HeelPower

Probably won't see that game again until next E3.

Which I am honestly fine with because I want to see a more final build.

you know what ? you are right..

Better to have few but substantial showings for that game instead of ripping it apart at every occasion like what they did with LR for example.

Plus they'd most likely spoil a lot of story since gameplay needs more time to be shown.So I like to console myself that its for the best image for the game.

ArjanN

That would be the lamest thing ever considering that you can play this edition on PC since Spring already.

Yeah, but I'm guessing they might have a trailer for that and then stick a teaser trailer for Tomb Raider 2 at the end.

A trailer for Thief is also not exciting at all given that we already know it exists and have also already seen gameplay. A gameplay demo would make more sense.

Top Bottom