• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix showing two trailers at VGX [Up: One seemingly is Thief]

Whompa

Hoping for Thief's trailer to be badass like deus ex hr trailers. Also hope the second one isn't tomb raider...hoping for Deus Ex.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Well, we're 90% sure the Tomb Raider Xbone/PS4 up-port is getting announced. So that doesn't leave much room for Deus Ex 4 :/.

Well, we're 90% sure the Tomb Raider Xbone/PS4 up-port is getting announced. So that doesn't leave much room for Deus Ex 4 :/.

I thought everyone knew this by now. The question isn't whether it's FFXV, KH3 or Deus Ex 4, it's whether it's just an up-port or Tomb Raider 2 with an up-port on the side.

If it's just the up-port, it's going to be hilarious. What a stupid thing to try and make a big deal of, especially when you're probably appearing on the same show as the next entry in the series you ripped off.

ArjanN

I thought everyone knew this by now. The question isn't whether it's FFXV, KH3 or Deus Ex 4, it's whether it's just an up-port or Tomb Raider 2 with an up-port on the side.

If it's just the up-port, it's going to be hilarious. What a stupid thing to try and make a big deal of, especially when you're probably appearing on the same show as the next entry in the series you ripped off.

Which is why I'm guessing they at least tease Tomb Raider 2. There's bound to be a bunch more next-gen releases in 2014 that are essentially the PC versions though. It's probably pretty cost efficient filler for the next-gen transitional period.

Ok before I flip out

You're saying Tomb Raider ripped off Uncharted?

What the literal fuck?

what-the-fuck-tom-delonge-gif.gif

It's gonna be Tomb Raider and Thief.

It's been annoying ever since SE acquired Eidos. It means that like 50% of the time, anything they announce isn't a Final Fantasy game or some manner of rpg. Unless it's Deus Ex or Just Cause related, I could not care less about the Eidos stuff they announce. So much false hype.

TR2013? Sure, in many aspects.

I'm sorry but that is bogus... TR practically invented the 3d action adventure... Uncharted did NOTHING that had not been done before.

P.S. I loved Uncharted 2&3, 1 was ok too. But that series would not exist if not for TR.

ArjanN

I'm sorry but that is bogus... TR practically invented the 3d action adventure... Uncharted did NOTHING that had not been done before.

P.S. I loved Uncharted 2&3, 1 was ok too. But that series would not exist if not for TR.

You're right that Tomb Raider practically invented the 3rd person action adventure, and Uncharted has always been very derivative, but let's be honest: TR2013's design was clearly influenced by Uncharted's success.

Chake

Banned
You're right that Tomb Raider practically invented the 3rd person action adventure, and Uncharted has always been very derivative, but let's be honest: TR2013's design was clearly influenced by Uncharted's success.

Wasn't tomb raider being made in 2008?

Coldsun

Banned
Hey guys. My uncle works for Square-Enix and he has privately uploaded the trailers that will be shown at VGX for us. These videos are unlisted, so please do not share them outside of NeoGAF. Here is the first trailer, which looks exciting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVX0OUO9ptU

But even more shocking is the second trailer, which will blow all of you away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdGxUyGc1tg

I'm not really sure if your post is a parody of something thats happened in the past or if you're just trolling. Care to enlighten me?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm not really sure if your post is a parody of something thats happened in the past or if you're just trolling. Care to enlighten me?

They re-revealed their already shown tech demo at the February PlayStation event. I imagine they're making fun of that.

Coldsun

Banned
Ah, thanks for filling me in. I knew it had to be something like that, but atleast it wasn't like when they hyped up a new deus ex game on their FB only to have it be that horrible mobile game :D

Top Bottom