• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix teases “exciting announcement” for January 26

What is Square Enix's mystery announcement

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
I actually tested FFVI for Apple Watch by setting some classic images as watch backgrounds. I don't think 1:1 really works (if they use a DS style layout maybe!) but the zoom and crop works nicely. I'm sold.

LcCTJFf.jpg
zkVivRc.jpg

DKHF

You guys are definitely going to want to stay tuned for this one. Headlines tomorrow are going to be really fun. =]
This makes me think it might not be about a Marvel world in KH3... Something a lot crazier/totally unexpected.

WadeitOut

I think Star Wars especially would be a good fit with the dark side and the light being a thing.

They would never put Star Wars in KH. They are actively preventing Star Wars crossover stuff like that ever since the merger and with all new material being canon.

And they would have the second largest riot of the month if they even attempted it.

Buggy Loop

Square enix + marvel

I know what this is.

Look who SE publish for.

And forget anything about japan, or a franchise mix.

I will just say that Marvel interview mentioned them working with third party developers for their IPs and since they use the best genre for each developer, I maintain that this will be an RPG from Square Enix.

ynwzh

Neo Member
Motomu Toriyama's Final Fantasy XVI
is a very bad joke, XVI is Ito's game

Final Fantasy VI Remake (for Apple Watch)
is also a bad joke, This should be Ito's game too

and TGS or E3 is the place for their announcement

Fardeen

probably gonna troll us again and annouce a new character or dlc or some kind of mobile game, i will lose my shit if its FF VII remake annoucement , release date something or even a FF XV pc release

Koppai

Heard a rumor that it could be another Crystal Chronicles for Switch. But the trophies going up on PSN for XII sounds more likely

Elios83

This has nothing to do with the anniversary announcements on January 31 right?
So I guess either an other mobile game or the release date for FFXII HD.

DKHF

KH and Marvel would be huge news.
It would be huge but I don't think it would necessarily generate many really amusing/crazy headlines...

From Buggy Loop's post it sounds like it is possibly a game being developed by one of their western studios for Marvel.

Aquova

I actually tested FFVI for Apple Watch by setting some classic images as watch backgrounds. I don't think 1:1 really works (if they use a DS style layout maybe!) but the zoom and crop works nicely. I'm sold.

LcCTJFf.jpg
zkVivRc.jpg

Despite the fact that it would be a chore to play, I would totally buy it.

Or chrono break.

Do not joke about this. This is the stuff dreams are made of.

Personally, I think they're going to announce a port of the original Final Fantasy VII to Switch, releasing the same day FF7R comes out on PS4. /s

Honestly, Marvel in KH seems the most likely.

Nightbird

It's a middle-of-the-road MCU film that's just.....average. It's one of the weaker MCU films & it doesn't really stand out.

I think it started as a joke here. GAF doesn't really do proper polls and Thor 2: The Dark World is always on of the "joke answers".

started as a joke because it kept coming up in every comic movie related thread over in Off Topic, when people who don't like the marvel movies in general, or like the terrible DC movies better, want to point to a bad Marvel movie

somehow it started getting put into a bunch of joke polls and now it's everywhere

oooh, i get it, thanks for explaining guys!

Harlequin

Square enix + marvel

I know what this is.

Look who SE publish for.

So something from the Eidos/Square Enix Europe side, then?

Is Buggy Loop some sort of insider?

"Look who SE publish for" makes it sound like it's a title from an independent studio, not one owned by SE. What are some Western indie studios that have worked with SE? Avalanche and Dontnod are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head (and United Front but they shut down).

kurahador

Square Enix doesnt have enough developers for thier own projects though lol.

Crystal Dynamic and Eidos Montreal.

probably gonna troll us again and annouce a new character or dlc or some kind of mobile game, i will lose my shit if its FF VII remake annoucement , release date something or even a FF XV pc release

If this guy is legit, it's Marvel related.
I can confirm it is Marvel related ;)

FelipeMGM

Square enix + marvel

I know what this is.

Look who SE publish for.

This is the one getting me.

So maybe its an Avalanche game, a studio no owned by Square but that is has its games published by Square

OH BOY IM EXCITED

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Crystal Dynamics has been working on a "New IP" for a while, whereas every other New IP at Square Enix was canceled, so if we assume it really is a Marvel announcement, I honestly think it would be them.

Eidos Montreal by comparison just shipped Deus Ex, and is heavily rumored to be making Shadow of the Tomb Raider, so I don't think they would have the bandwidth to handle it.

The other option that comes to mind is Avalanche (the Just Cause people), who have had a long time relationship with Square Enix, and were previously working on an Iron Man game that got canned a while ago. They could be working on a variety of Marvel related games.

The other other option is that Square Enix is publishing a Dontnod (Remember Me, Life is Strange) Telltale-style Marvel game similar to how we're getting Guardians of the Galaxy.

Ok, this teasing bullshit from some people in this thread is obnoxious.

Shit or get off the pot.
If NDAs are involved, it's still annoying to see "teehee you guys are gonna have fun tomorrow!"

Buggy Loop

Is Buggy Loop some sort of insider?

"Look who SE publish for" makes it sound like it's a title from an independent studio, not one owned by SE. What are some Western indie studios who've worked with SE? Avalanche and Dontnod are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Naw, not independant. Just which studios are under Square Enix, maybe i didn't say it clearly.
That's all i'll say on the matter.

Harlequin

Naw, not independant. Just which studios are under Square Enix, maybe i didn't say it clearly.
That's all i'll say on the matter.

Thanks for the clarification. So we can exclude Avalanche and Dontnod then. I'm thinking it might really be Crystal Dynamics. The have been working on something other than Tomb Raider for a while and the next Tomb Raider game is supposedly being made by Eidos Montreal so yeah, based on what we know, Crystal Dynamics makes sense.

Lnds500

Crystal Dynamics has been working on a "New IP" for a while, whereas every other New IP at Square Enix was canceled, so if we assume it really is a Marvel announcement, I honestly think it would be them.

Eidos Montreal by comparison just shipped Deus Ex, and is heavily rumored to be making Shadow of the Tomb Raider, so I don't think they would have the bandwidth to handle it.

Wait, why would they take Crystal Dynamics' franchise and give it to Eidos Montreal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom