• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix teases “exciting announcement” for January 26

What is Square Enix's mystery announcement

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JSevere

maybe FFXII HD info? though there is the big event at the end of the month they could be saving that for so 🤔... could be anything really

Ydelnae

You guys know that PR tweets can be scheduled to be posted at an exact time, right? It's likely both companies just sheduled their tweet to be posted at 9:00 CST today...

... or you could see Sora's shoe in that Marvel teaser image and get hyped!

Heartfyre

I hope it's not a Marvel world. The thought of trudging through that mire is about as appealling as going through a Tron world again.

FFXII, hopefully.

I voted for FFXII since the trophies just leaked and it also happens to be my GOAT.
But there's an FF event on the 31st so I don't know. Probably some mobile stuff.

What if...
C3Bndc1XUAA9YIc.jpg:large

Marvel world on KH3 confirmed

Its prob FFXII HD related but I want to dream

And then we're gonna get the character development we deserve for Donald. And eventually he becomes Sorcerer Supreme. And Goofy gets Captain America's shield.

Neoxon

Marvel in KH3, perhaps?

But what IP would they use? Avengers? Guardians of the Galaxy? Inhumans? Doctor Strange? Defenders? I suppose GotG wilould overlap with a potential Star Wars world, but that could have a ton of potential from a creative standpoint.

Arkeband

Banned
Please guys. The announcement is that Lightning is now the main protagonist in KH3 and also Sora's new master. And they're changing the name to Kingdom Hearts 3: Lightning is Forever: The [Lightning] Keyblade War.

{Duodecimaximus 352/0 FrontFlip BackFlip KickFlip To Indy EPILOGUE}

I'm expecting either FFXII: Zodiac release date or a Marvel KH3 world due to the trophy leak and the marvel tweet.

Would actually be a bit bummed that we somehow got a Marvel world confirmed before either a Pixar movie world or Star Wars since those two feel like more natural fits than Marvel does.

Nightbird

What's the deal with the Thor: The Dark World meme?

where did it come from, and why does it dominate every poll it is in on GAF?

Thor: The Dark World is a 2013 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Thor, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is the sequel to 2011's Thor and the eighth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor:_The_Dark_World

Neoxon

It's a middle-of-the-road MCU film that's just.....average. It's one of the weaker MCU films & it doesn't really stand out.

vypek

I hope the announcement is that United Front Games is being reassembled and/or Sleeping Dogs franchise will get a new entry.

Lnds500

I think it started as a joke here. GAF doesn't really do proper polls and Thor 2: The Dark World is always on of the "joke answers".

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

started as a joke because it kept coming up in every comic movie related thread over in Off Topic, when people who don't like the marvel movies in general, or like the terrible DC movies better, want to point to a bad Marvel movie

somehow it started getting put into a bunch of joke polls and now it's everywhere

EDarkness

I'd be all for Marvel or Star Wars being in Kingdom Hearts 3. Would be awesome. Don't care much about whether or not the FFXII HD date gets released since I still have FF XII on the PS2. More Kingdom Hearts 3 news is always welcome, though!

crash-14

It cant be a coincidence? lol

Same time posting the tweet? And that not being 1:18 PM for example?

Who Knows, but I doubt it. Still doesn't mean Marvel will just announce KH3 stuff. They also have Spider-Man and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

I doubt they'll speak about movies to be honest. To me the time it's effy to be movie related. Also they're conventions to that purpose. And I don't think they're whiling to do a stream just to announce merch.

Will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom