• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Star Trek' star Anton Yelchin has died (details forthcoming, automobile accident)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh fuck, no! I loved that dude in the Star Trek movies and Green Room

primary_Green-Room-JS-2016-2.jpg

wow this sucks

What in the hell

So, he starts the car. The car is in neutral. He gets out of the car, goes around to the back of it, the car hits him and pins him between it and the mailbox?

I'm trying to make sense of how this guy gets killed by his own car in his own driveway with nobody else around.

Like, I can see him starting the car, letting it warm up (maybe?) walking down to get his mail and then... the car just slips out of park and picks up speed in reverse going down the incline until it hits him?

This is fucking bizarre. And sad as hell.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Is TMZ a good source? I can't see the story anywhere I know to trust.

Just hoping, I guess. Really shit news if true. :(

Wonky journalists as they are, they're (unfortunately) usually on point in regards to deaths.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
RIP...I never thought of ever putting my car into neutral no matter what the situation is, always in Park Position. Hope this is a lesson for others

Busty

Banned
HOLY SHIT!

Poor guy. I really liked him in Green Room recently. Now we'll never get to see any more from him which is a real shame as he was just starting to come into his own as a performer.

Damn tragedy.

Heart goes out to his family and friends.

Kurdel

Banned
This is fucking bizarre. And sad as hell.

Maybe he was a bit high? I know that even after a joint I fumble with normal shit, and a random thought can make me do something quick quick.

Like before leaving, put it in R, realise you are waiting for an amazon package, think you put it on P while you jog to the mailbox, but it was on N.

Such a fucked up situation.

rjinaz

RIP man. First thing I ever saw him in was Spielberg's taken, he was just a kid but was my favorite character in that.

Godamn this year.

Ovid

Cromwell

Banned
This reads like he got out , forgot to shift to park, walked down to check the mail and car nailed him.

Fuck what a way to go. Rip

What a depressingly pointless way to die. Always make sure your car is in park, folks. And keep your head on a swivel anyway, just in case.

Holy god. I'm actually kind of scared..

I dunno what else to say. Dude was so young... Goddamn.

That's such a horrible way to go too. Just... Shit.

Very, very sad news, especially considering his age.
I haven't seen many of his films but I loved him in Star Trek, he was a lot of fun and a great Chekov.

Fuck 2016.

AntChum

Always hate it when TMZ announces a death; are they ever wrong?

RIP Anton, Green Room is perhaps my favourite film so far this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom