• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront teaser footage emerges, first screen, Nov 17th (PC/PS4/XB1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't buy Hardline and I am sure as hell not going to pre-order this or buy on day 1. I am excited for this, but will definitely wait and see how it turns out.

Whats kinda funny is that for all the hate that Hardline gets, from what Ive heard the servers are pretty solid.

Hardline is an alright game, its just not a good Battlefield game IMO.

Is it here yet?

_O6bH08pyXAvZ8OmgxDAWgfwLMPNSuzX5-Bh9vLJkqgoGxZo254GiGkMoL_iIyreYAj9o_Oths0Sw8QcQnjmmfwLccnxXwsyqQqmZIoIfLXoO9rmon7LW8rwkseFPxuQIytgXy3iOqdWJpNNjHHLxsZMH_I=s0-d-e1-ft

Theorry

Whats kinda funny is that for all the hate that Hardline gets, from what Ive heard the servers are pretty solid.

Its very stable. I played 80 hours on Xbox One. And i had one lost connection.
Thats why i am more confident about Battlefront and that they are able to release a stable product and made the frostbite engine more stable also.

LastChance2Frag

Neo Member
It should make for an interesting year seeing these two go head to head.

With all the talk of who is going to do the Battlefront promotion I haven't thought about Black ops 3. Do Xbox still have exclusive deal with COD? If they do its not that likely they will team up with EA for this is it?

Xater

SP looked bad and I was in the beta and didn't like the game at all. So no matter how stable the game was there was no chance of me getting it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
For people asking for leaks we have some from a few months back: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=990572

The hero system for example:

There will be a “hero” system in place, where as you play you accumulate points that you can eventually cash in to play as a “hero” character. These characters are extremely powerful and have abilities that are not available to the normal characters that you play for most of the matches. The system is constantly in flux, but as it is now, pretty much everyone have a chance to play as a hero at least once per match.

v1lla21

Yes for heroes!

Idk why people believe that the in engine footage is CGI. Will the final game look like that? No probably not, but I do believe it's how it currently looks and it's damn fine. Many have stated that SW lends it self to have great graphics due to how simple the troopers and vehicles are since there isn't a whole lot of detail to them. I won't be dissapointed if the graphics are downgraded. I'm buying it for the ps4 and PC no matter what :p

For people asking for leaks we have some from a few months back: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=990572

The hero system for example:
Ahh okay, this seems fair. I like the sound of it. So essentially we will fill up a meter by racking kills and helping the team by using our classes correctly or by following the objective. Sounds great!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm interested to see how well COD does this year. Since its black ops I'm sure it'll sell hot cakes

MW 3 : 30 mil
BO2: 28 mil
Ghosts: 25 mil
AW: just under 19 mil

With Battlefield 3, while the series exploded and the game shipped 17+ million copies, we actually didn't see much decline in CoD, so I suspect Black Ops 3 will do quite well.

red731

Thanks for the hypestar add!

Holy shit I though the trailer would drop at like midnight lo and behold, two and half hours...al sd;kal sd

With Battlefield 3, while the series exploded and the game shipped 17+ million copies, we actually didn't see much decline in CoD, so I suspect Black Ops 3 will do quite well.

I know AW left a really sour taste in most hardcore COD players, the exos turned them off from the game in general. I completely agree with you that it'll do well.

I also expect Battlefront to do some impressive numbers for being 3 skus only

Not that with 60fps. They are not magicians.

I'd be fine with 30. Sure 60 feels better but Battlefront or Battlefield never felt that twitchy to me that I would not be fine with 30fps.
I think people are getting fooled by the lighting and photomapped textures. Look at the speeder bike image closely, it honestly isn't much different from Battlefield 4, just better lighting and photomapped textures.

I'd be surprised of this game isn't at least 900p 60fps on PS4.

Genio88

They said people wouldn't believe them when it came to graphics. And that they would "break the internet" with its reveal.

Let's see what you got Dice, hype levels currently through the roof

Maybe they shot a bit too high but when it is about graphics frostbite engine is one of the best around, so i wouldn't be surprised to be surprised by the trailer

I have a... pal.

This pal sometimes comes across some info.

If he is correct, and I don't know if he is, heroes are IN and it's based on player performance I.E. kills and team play.

And before asking, I don't know anything else about the game whatsoever but this fact.

RoKKeR

I do hope Heroes are in. Battlefront was never about super competitive/balanced experiences IMO, it's a fun romp and the hero's fit perfectly in the game.

I think people are getting fooled by the lighting and photomapped textures. Look at the speeder bike image closely, it honestly isn't much different from Battlefield 4, just better lighting and photomapped textures.

I'd be surprised of this game isn't at least 900p 60fps on PS4.

God i hope the xboxone version isnt 720p again..

RoKKeR

Besides, regardless of whether or not you actually want heroes in, I want to see a goddamned lightsaber in Frostbite 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom