• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens takes over Entertainment Weekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waldini

Nope.

star-wars-urban-legends-04.jpg

I knew that once I posted my question that ANH would pop up lol.

I ment that characters hardly ever show signs of injury in the Star Wars universe.

Episode 7 so far showed us a Stormtrooper helm with blood on it, Poe bleeding ...

I knew that once I posted my question that ANH would pop up lol.

I ment that characters hardly ever show signs of injury in the Star Wars universe.

Episode 7 so far showed us a Stormtrooper helm with blood on it, Poe bleeding ...
I don't think there's any outright gushing blood, but Luke gets pretty roughed up in ESB.

tumblr_mh8am7TCG21rmd6uzo8_500.gif

Review_LukeSkywalkerBespinFatiguesOTC_stillA.jpg

I'm surprised this never got altered in the SEs since it was established that lightsabers cauterise wounds.

Also lol PG rating. It's a U (equivalent of G) here, even.
Haha, I just assumed it had. I stopped paying attention to the SE changes..

Moff

I've been jokingly insisting that SW7 will double down on enraging bigots by having Finn and Poe be the romance of the film but some of these photos are making me want the dream to be reality.

huh, I was on Team Rey/Finn before, but that's actually much better

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I've been jokingly insisting that SW7 will double down on enraging bigots by having Finn and Poe be the romance of the film but some of these photos are making me want the dream to be reality.

Kudos to Lucasfilm if they venture down this road.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Go back and check the teaser thread which turned into "Yeah that CG BB8 looks out of place, its totally CG, I thought they were going practical"

"It looks practical to me"

"Nah, thats clearly CGI, you couldnt do that practically"

Love it

Forkball

Go back and check the teaser thread which turned into "Yeah that CG BB8 looks out of place, its totally CG, I thought they were going practical"

"It looks practical to me"

"Nah, thats clearly CGI, you couldnt do that practically"

Love it

Yeah I remember this. I think someone had a chart about how BB8 was physically impossible, despite the fact that making something that rolled was one of mankind's first major inventions.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Yeah I remember this. I think someone had a chart about how BB8 was physically impossible, despite the fact that making something that rolled was one of mankind's first major inventions.

This ones the real kick in the teeth to me

lead_large.png

Shits real and controlled by someone inside

Sephzilla

My headcanon says whatever race this guy was has genetics that result in its body not cauterizing until extreme temperatures are reached, thus why it could bleed from a lightsaber. Seriously though, out of all the things Lucas "fixed" in the special editions I'm super surprised this wasn't one of them.

Experien

Why would they ever confuse it for a space station?

They see the cannon, go land on it and while on it say "this isn't a space station, it is a planet." They will confuse it cause Han Solo is in it and flying the Falcon towards it since he has to be a major part.

-Abrams originally wanted to do a puppet, but with all the things they required Maz to do, they realized CG was the way to go. ILM worked very hard on making her blend in with all the other real-life elements and creatures.
-Maz has lived for over 1000 years(hold dat Yoda), had this Space Pirate Palace for a hundred
-Lupita was there on set for her performance, and was coached by Andy Serkis on performance capture.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Titles like "General" are usually followed by a last name. Is she General Organa? General Solo? Hell, General Skywalker?

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Rey, in jedi form, is going to use a double bladed lightsaber isn't she? The staff she fights with only makes since if that is the case.

I think I am ok with that. Darth Maul was fun to watch.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I think it's clever that the only parts of this Star Wars movie we've seen are the familiar elements.

From a marketing perspective, they've been able to show us the film, without really showing us the film, and yet we are still hyped by it.

We've seen a total of about 6 or so minutes of a 2 hour and 15 minute movie. To think that the remaining two hours and 9 minutes will be all rehashes of the OT trilogy is kind of silly. They aren't going to copy the OT wholesale. They are going to take the heroes journey, which is standard for Star Wars, and do their own thing with it, while still giving us the winks, nods, and homages to the classic trilogy we all love.

It's just really smart of them to tease us this way. We've gotten hints of new material, but most of the marketing has been revolving around reminding us of the "good ol' days" of the original trilogy. Han, Leia, Chewie, musical score. The biggest problem the PT had is that it veered too far away from the heroes journey and the OT in terms of tone and atmosphere. Even so, there are parts of the PT, that, if edited into similar style trailers, will evoke the OT. Framed shots, lines of dialogue, similar scenarios. But we know how close that was to the OT.

I think TFA is going to be the same.

That's what makes me more worried about Trevorrow taking over for Episode VIII, he doesn't seem to like practical effects...

Trevorrow wanted more in Jurassic World. He had to fight tooth and nail to even get the apatosaurus.

These things are sometimes not dictated by the director but by the producers/studio. It isn't a one-way street.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Trevorrow wanted more in Jurassic World. He had to fight tooth and nail to even get the apatosaurus.

These things are sometimes not dictated by the director but by the producers/studio. It isn't a one-way street.

I was under the impression that Trevorrow wanted less practical. My bad.

I was under the impression that Trevorrow wanted less practical. My bad.

Before production he was saying that they would use as much practical as possible, and that ended up being one animatronic because it was all that they'd give him :(

The budget was pretty conservative for a movie of that size because they didn't expect those kinds of receipts. But Trevorrow loves practical effects and defends them frequently. With Star Wars, I imagine he'll be allowed a lot more elbow room in that regard.

NekoFever

My headcanon says whatever race this guy was has genetics that result in its body not cauterizing until extreme temperatures are reached, thus why it could bleed from a lightsaber. Seriously though, out of all the things Lucas "fixed" in the special editions I'm super surprised this wasn't one of them.

He's been busy fixing the important stuff, like rocks in front of R2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom