• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreda

I like how trailers.apple.com didn't even update lol

The X-wing and Falcon desert scenes were my favorite. Mmm.

Errrrr...
Unsure-Larry-David.gif

Well, certains seems to be quite dynamic, compared to the previous movies. That's really all I get from it. What little dialog there is sounds the same as always, kinda awkward out of context.

DaveH

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it? The Dark Side... and the Light.

Impressions:
  • I was jump scared by Boyega's character.
  • He's in Storm Trooper armor as many rumors have suggested... how much has been spoiled?
  • The desert planet setting has a wonderful warm color.
  • That droid has "WANT" all over it as a toy, a great deal more mobility, and we see some of the already leaked set-pieces in the background.
  • The blues and shake-y cam Storm Trooper deployment is signature Abrams and a little worrisome but cancelled out by the rest.
  • Ridley looks great.
  • The desert planet setting has a wonderful warm color.
  • The Rebellion is still using its logo.
  • X-Wings over water is wonderfully tangible. A different setting than the desert.
  • Frozen setting, implied Sith, and light "saber" with an interesting... almost distressed... beam that's crackling and boiling rather than the strong and steady blade we're used to.
  • TIEs with their signature sound, the Falcon, and again that wonderful worldliness of things taking place in-atmosphere rather than in black space.

Calcium

Banned
Wow, amazing trailer. The Millenium Falcon looks so damn good. Those X-Wings....

Probably going to watch this 10 more times right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom