• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CronoShot

The hilt on the lightsaber is a bit odd, but I'll roll with it.

Everything else looks pretty great. Wish there was more, but it is only a teaser.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
imQuARdnR1Txh.gif

what

They should have had it pointing up... so another lightsaber couldn't just rip off those extrusions and would be a usable tool in combat

This teaser really made me realize once again how horribly clean and CGish the prequel trilogy looked. Completely devoid of life.

But in all honesty: Badguy Sith lord talking while shit happens on screen, a guy whips his lightsaber. It seems similar to something Blur Studios would have done in CG as a teaser. So... I don't know what to call it, "fanboy-ish" "fan-servicy". Nothing that really shows an own handwriting.

Xater

Way better than the Jurassic World teaser. Well cut for such an early teaser. Effects already looked nice. I am intrigued. I also liked the lightsaber of the bad guy.

Pooya

Are those mini blades supposed to protect the wrist? :eek:

looks stupid. lolz.

Not bad, too little to say anything yet.

This shit looks like it's going to have some LIFE in it. Some fucking ENERGY

i don't like it. i like a movie that can be made sitting in a chair, drinking your coffee, looking at the monitors in shot reverse-shot while two characters walk down a hallway or sit on a couch

what @ cross shaped darth lightsaber

besides that though...hype teaser. Teasing future plot developments interspersed with fanboy recognizing moments like the X-Wing and the Falcon, with John Williams of course.

Koppa

Neo Member
OH.... MY... GOD...

my childhood just came flooding back in a wave of mega feels.....

honestly that is ... just... WOW

Zebra

You people are crazy. It's Star Wars, not Star Trek. It doesn't matter if the flaming hilt is practical, it's bad ass.

If I were 11 years old again I would be losing my damn mind over how cool that is in the same way I lost my mind over Darth Maul's lightsaber.

Browny

Banned
The shot of the X-wings is awesome. And the lightsaber does look cool (although I can understand some people's reactions).

But X-wings though...

He is sweaty because
his tie fighter crashed and was on fire

And he isnt just some black guy that is your male lead of the movie.

It was just a comical moment the way he randomly popped up in the trailer after ominous foreshadowing by the narrator - it might be fine in the movie, but I disliked it in this trailer.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Lightsaber makes it look more like a traditional knight's sword. I can dig it.

God some of you are petty.

Yup. I thought that. I like it. My main issue is that it doesn't really go anywhere with the voice over. It feels a little bit incoherent. But it's a teaser. I have been duly teased.

Star wars was one of the first movies I saw at the cinema and I collected the figures as a kid, I wasn't so overly keen on the newer trilogy but damn this one has me hyped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom