• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzalez

Banned
HA HA, ain't that teaser great.

I'll say this... The prequel trilogy by that slap nuts George Lucas really pissed me off. To the point where I almost had a stroke just thinking about them, and never wanting to hear the name Star Wars ever again. But boy, oh boy this trailer brought the magic back. I think the king of the mountain has returned, and it's all thanks to Double J.

Incredible all of it, I feel the force rising down from my pants. I love the clean look it has to it.

I really don't understand the bad reception the new crossguard saber is gathering among the fans, I could only see it becoming a drawback if it was mindlessly used like this.

giphy.gif

why are you guys complaining about the logical features of the design, in an universe where the effing Death Star exist, the epitome of impracticability.

Sou Da

Wait till they find out he is the male lead of the entire trilogy. I love it.

I don't even understand this line of thinking.

1. How is it liberal brainwashing, stormtroopers are traditionally evil mooks.

2. What indication was ever given that all stormtroopers were white?

Bobby and you other bros, speculation on where a scene is going is fair game, but i just hope none of it is informed by plot spoilers you've read.

Cause that would suck

As someone who usually gets most excited by the jedi side of Star Wars, I honestly think my favorite shot of the trailer is the X-Wings on the lake. Already can tell a competent director is behind the camera.

I'd stand by that statement regardless...but what's the point of the argument if people just know that books exist and haven't read them?

Think about the number of people that have seen those movies. Your parents have seen it. Kids have seen it. Grand parents have seen it.

I've watched them all a thousand times and I'd never consider reading the books...and if I had I wouldn't hold the movies to that canon.

You forget how little of the population the active internet base makes up.

A lot of people read Star Wars books. I don't know what the percentage is but it's way over 1%. I'm sure it's not anywhere near the amount of people that watch the movies either but it's still a solid amount of people.

The section for Star Wars novels at my Barnes and Noble is almost as big as the entire other Sci-Fi section. Multiple Star Wars book have been New York Times Bestsellers. Just because you do not personally buy them does not mean other people don't.

I thought it might have been just my speakers. It really has some extra punch.

It actually distorted the little subwoofer I have connected to the PC. I mean, I had the volume up a tad too high, but still.

BASS.

Boyega, Ridley, Isaac. I guess that's the new big three.

Not bad.

MrChom

you're both right or both wrong.

What classifies a "star wars fan"

Star Wars is a huge franchise. There's kids who love the prequels but couldn't care less about the original trilogy.
There's people who watched Star Wars, and who will watch Episode 7, but wouldn't list it under their favourite films of all time.

SOME would even argue that a "true Star Wars fan" is something who has AT LEAST consumed a few pieces of the extended universe, even if it's just playing Shadows of the Empire on the N64 ;)

A True Star Wars Fan: Someone who really likes Star Wars. That's it. There is no further qualifier. No need to read the EU stuff, no need to have seen all the movies. A little kid who's only seen AotC and doesn't really understand it can firmly call themselves a Star Wars Fan.

Salsa

Incredible all of it, I feel the force rising down from my pants. I love the clean look it has to it.

I really don't understand the bad reception the new crossguard saber is gathering among the fans, I could only see it becoming a drawback if it was mindlessly used like this.

giphy.gif

why are you guys complaining about the logical features of the design, in an universe where the effing Death Star exist, the epitome of impracticability.

man I made this exact post 3 pages back

all good so far mayne

chills

and lol at people looking for actual practicality in this stuff. who cares about the guard, it looks cool. lightsabers arent practical from the get go

as long as we dont get this in terms of unnecessary shit:

ib160TPM270CxX.gif

then im cool

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It actually distorted the little subwoofer I have connected to the PC. I mean, I had the volume up a tad too high, but still.

BASS.

Boyega, Ridley, Isaac. I guess that's the new big three.

Not bad.

Sounded heavy as fok.

That said, I NEED a new X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter game.

One thing the new saber design gives me hope for is that they are going to do less of the flippy flippy bullshit of the prequels and back to the slower more methodical saber fights of the originals.

I'm telling you it's an overcharged saber... capable of cutting through other saber "blades". The hilt stuff is just exhaust.

The blade itself is already raw dissipation of energy, isn't it? In which case I don't know why it would need exhaust when it's already one giant beam of escaping power.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
A lot of people read Star Wars books. I don't know what the percentage is but it's way over 1%. I'm sure it's not anywhere near the amount of people that watch the movies either but it's still a solid amount of people.

The section for Star Wars novels at my Barnes and Noble is almost as big as the entire other Sci-Fi section. Multiple Star Wars book have been New York Times Bestsellers. Just because you do not personally buy them does not mean other people don't.
Let's say that Star Wars has been watched by a billion people on this Earth.

You're telling me that these books sell over 10 million copies?

Bobby, speculation on where a scene is going is fair game, but i just hope none of it is informed by plot spoilers you've read.

Christ sake, dude.

No, it isn't informed by plot spoilers. It's informed by the way the shot is framed, the way the camera is moving, and the expression on his face.

Salsa

Bobby and you other bros, speculation on where a scene is going is fair game, but i just hope none of it is informed by plot spoilers you've read.

Cause that would suck

spoiler stuff that seems locked so far is who each of the new character is or comes from, which will probably end up in the full trailer or web site description or whatever

old character involvements and stuff like that has been "spoiled" but in more than one way that kinda completely contradicts each other so..

basically: yeah some people read dangerous stuff but we dont really know shit beyond basic stuff the likes of which we knew from Ep 1 before the trailer was released

dont worry that much

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

giphy.gif

I dunno man, it just seems useless. It's not like you're gonna use it to slice someone's throat

Say what you want about JJ. I think it's absolutely BANANAS how almost every shot from that trailer looked like a piece of concept art come to life.

This movie is going to be a feast for the eyes.

Seeing them as screenshots really makes them shine. I am so damn pumped for the next trailer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom