• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Your original argument (well, your second argument I guess because you changed it when you realized what you were arguing was dumb) was that less than 1% of people who have seen the Star Wars movies (a number you have set at one billion) have read the Star Wars books. Your argument was not that a single Star Wars book has been read by 1% of the people than have seen the entire Star Wars trilogy. That's ridiculous. Please stop changing your argument.
You're right, you win. Rest well internet warrior. I yield.

Trailer was amazing. I'd rather talk about that!

I found it pretty cool that they chose to not very common actors like Daisy and Boyega. But why exactly them of all people? Just wondering. According to IMDB Daisy has only done some episodes in some TV shows and is in a movie that is in post-production.

Because they won the casting auditions.

daveo42

Banned
Isn't it Lucas that wrote the general outline for this trilogy, seems like he is on board with that.I understand what you mean with the ending to Jedi though, the thing is we never really get to see what happens after, just that the people rise up once they hear the emperor is dead.

Well, part of my disdain for that ending does come from EU stuff and how they portray Coruscant vs how it is shown in the updated ending of RotJ. You are right that we don't see too much of the aftermath of Jedi and maybe there was an uprising, but even then that seems to have been squashed pretty fast if the Empire is still rolling around 30 years after the fact.

It just seems a bit more believable to me that those in the more central systems couldn't care less about the death of some old Emperor or were just happy cause the dude wasn't out squandering funds on rebuilding a massive fucking space station anymore.

Is there a reason those concept art pictures are considered spoilers?

To me a picture would be a spoiler if it showed someone (whose face was easily identifiable) killing someone else (whose face was also easily identifiable).

The concept art I saw is just a bunch of cool hand-drawn set pieces, vehicles, and characters.

Well they're leaks aren't they? If they aren't shown in any public releases then it's leaks and therefore a spoiler.

To me a picture would be a spoiler if it showed someone (whose face was easily identifiable) killing someone else (whose face was also easily identifiable).

The concept art I saw is just a bunch of cool hand-drawn set pieces, vehicles, and characters.

A lot of that concept art hints at parts of the film people would otherwise prefer to remain unknown unless it's shown in a trailer.

There's nothing in there that I would consider a MAJOR spoiler, but I could definitely see why someone who didn't want to know details would be upset.

Fliesen

I don't understand this, having main characters in sequels = nostalgia? I understand they are not the main characters of this trilogy but if they were it would work like any sequel, new stories with characters we love.

I want good new stories and if it involves my favorite movie characters of all time the better.

I think the movies should FOCUS on new characters, because the old ones are old as shit now, but it should still include them, as leaving them out would be super weird. giving them off-screen deaths or some "well, yeah, Han and Leia didn't really work out and they're both nowhere to be found, while Luke's a jedi teacher on Dantooine now"-like nods wouldn't do them justice.

If it's a sequel, old characters should be revisited, if it's a prequel, shoving them in for fan-service (LOOKING AT YOU, LEGOLAS IN THE HOBBIT!; but also R2D2 and C3PO in the prequels) serves no real purpose.

jyoung188

Holy shit, I got chills on the Millenium Falcon shot. in trying to stay completely spoiler free but I couldn't resist. I'm so fucking hyped.

Montresor

Well they're leaks aren't they? If they aren't shown in any public releases then it's leaks and therefore a spoiler.

To me it's like if there was a Guardians of the Galaxy 2 movie announced, and leaked concept art showed neat hand-drawn pictures of Thanos, Starlord, some planets, etc...

Jarmel

Banned
Also, everyone is bugging out on this teaser right now...

...and you didn't see a SECOND of Han, Luke, or Leia.

I think that was done for a couple of reasons. One being that this is going to be the movie where the new characters take control and as such, the focus should be on them.

It also might be a hint that they are aware of the concerns about nostalgia fanwanking.

I think the movies should FOCUS on new characters, because the old ones are old as shit now, but it should still include them, as leaving them out would be super weird. giving them off-screen deaths or some "well, yeah, Han and Leia didn't really work out and they're both nowhere to be found, while Luke's a jedi teacher on Dantooine now"-like nods wouldn't do them justice.

If it's a sequel, old characters should be revisited, if it's a prequel, shoving them in for fan-service (LOOKING AT YOU, LEGOLAS IN THE HOBBIT!; but also R2D2 and C3PO in the prequels) serves no real purpose.

Right and this is a sequel. I just dont get the whole "good they are not shown, if I see them the movie is worse" NO ITS NOT, seeing them will make 99% of the people be filled with joy.We never thought this would happen, this is a gift, take it.

Salsa

There is going to be a whole lot of gap filling going on in that opening crawl.

I kinda want them to be super bald and dont do an opening crawl

can you imagine

fucking start the film with that boyega shot while everyone's expecting the crawl

shit got real

That was an àmazing teaser. Pure hype. The X-wings making their attack run along the water is just awesome.

It's going to be a long year of waiting.

DieH@rd

Banned
I'm 99% sure that Stormtoopers are landing on Tatooine either during some storm, or [more likely] with their ships causing wind around landing zone.

r2w_h1080p18-20-42y9ckp.jpg

r2w_h1080p18-22-44j9u9d.jpg

Cheebo

Banned
I kinda want them to be super bald and dont do an opening crawl

can you imagine

fucking start the film with that boyega shot while everyone's expecting the crawl

shit got real
official star wars twittrr says it says episode vii in the opening crawl. So we know there is the crawl.

Fliesen

the cocept art i saw seems to have been the early design for a significant prop that connects the Original Trilogy with the Sequels, and is therefore considered a spoiler.

Sallokin

To me it's like if there was a Guardians of the Galaxy 2 movie announced, and leaked concept art showed neat hand-drawn pictures of Thanos, Starlord, some planets, etc...

Nah in this case the image that was posted was a pretty big reveal. Maybe not much significance story wise, but it was something that would have been cool to see without knowing about it.

Between this, Amy Hennig's EA Star Wars game AND Battlefront next year, the world is gonna be proper fucked up by Star Wars (^___^)

Also, this WILL be the first theatrical film that I WILL line up to see.... believe

NekoFever

lol, first indication that this is going to be the first Star Wars since the explosion in anti-spoiler paranoia. Enjoy the next year, guys ;)

It looks like a bug budget fan film, which it basically is. Not that that is bad, but it's always strange when a series goes on without the original creator. And I know lots of people prefer it this way.

Definitely excited to see it.

Now I am all for seeing the old stuff, obviously, but I can't be the only one sick of Tatooine. Not that I don't like the planet, it is iconic but its ugly, and brown (and gets everywhere).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom