• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother of God, Dirt 2 looks amazing with Ultra settings. Now I need to play this again :lol

Let's try Dirt 3 now.

kHvGZ.jpg

Fuck.

Mothership Zeta down. It was kinda fun, more of a dungeon than anything else, got some nice new energy weapons from it but that's about it. Better than Point Lookout but I didn't enjoy it as much as Operation Anchorage or The Pitt.

Now the only add-on left to beat is Broken Steel.

HoosTrax

FYI, Darksiders II is gonna be $17 starting tomorrow on Amazon, $6.79 for Season Pass
Season Pass. For Darksiders II. Hmm...

I assume that's equivalent to buying just the Abyssal Forge Pack and ignoring anything else the Season Pass claims to contain at some future point?

wutwutwut

Just bought Waveform for 1€ from GMG because I though it looked interesting, but I have really no idea what I'm doing. I know what I'm supposed to to, but I feel like it's impossible to execute well. I can't even 100% the first level..
Try aiming for around 80% in the first world, and 60% thereafter. The game is pretty forgiving in terms of progression.

Xanathus

FYI, Darksiders II is gonna be $17 starting tomorrow on Amazon, $6.79 for Season Pass

Isn't it funny how all of Amazon's recent deals have been for THQ games? It's almost as if they're trying to clear their stock of keys.
edit: ok well I guess it's not just Amazon, but I'm seeing THQ games on sale so extremely frequently that I don't even care bout them anymore

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Isn't it funny how all of Amazon's recent deals have been for THQ games? It's almost as if they're trying to clear their stock of keys.

Funny you mention that, cause this Friday's Amazon/Gamespot PC DD deal is $10 for the following THQ games:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Metro 2033
Red Faction Guerrilla
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Space Marine

All redeemable on Steam

Funny you mention that, cause this Friday's Amazon/Gamespot PC DD deal is $10 for the following THQ games:

Metro 2033
Red Faction Guerrilla
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Space Marine

All redeemable on Steam

Is that $10 each or $10 for all of them? Because if it's the latter, I'm buying it.

Sober

Metro 2033
Red Faction Guerrilla
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Space Marine

All redeemable on Steam
Bleh, that's me for buying most of them separate. Looks like 10$ for RFA and Homefront though, so I guess that's still okay. 5$ a piece and I guess I can give the spare keys to my brother or something.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Metro 2033
Red Faction Guerrilla
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Space Marine

All redeemable on Steam

If anyone is up for selling their Space Marine Key for a few dollars. I would very much Love It

Dingotech

Metro 2033
Red Faction Guerrilla
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Space Marine

All redeemable on Steam

Oh snap!

Lucky I have anything I care about in that bundle already, because I bought Space Marine for $6.50 last week.

Blizzard

Banned
Whoa, for some reason I didn't realize STALKER was THQ. Does this mean the STALKER games will vanish into the mists of Steamantiquity?

Metro 2033
Red Faction Guerrilla
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Space Marine

All redeemable on Steam
Oh shiiiit, I forgot about this. Might grab 2 to give stuff away on my birthday.

Metro 2033
Red Faction Guerrilla
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Space Marine

All redeemable on Steam

Ahh cool, so has it been confirmed all are steam redeemable since it was first announced?

Broken Steel is complete as well. That's every quest in Fallout 3 and its add-ons completed except for the Nuka Cola Challenge. I could have easily completed that quest if I had accepted it earlier in the game but for whatever reason, the moment I did take on it I didn't find many Quantum Nuka Cola's. I even got that perk towards the end that converts a regular one out of every six (or ten?) Nuka Cola's to a Quantum Nuka Cola but it wasn't enough. I didn't accrue enough Quantum Nuka Cola's by the time I completed all of the add-ons and I'm not really going to grind it out to find the last few just to finish the quest line.

The Pitt was easily my favorite add-on. It's the darkest, most atmospheric bit of content in the game with its (too few) ambiguous choices. I actually kind of felt conflicted about some of the choices I was forced to make or actions I did, which never happened in the main game.
Healing a wounded slave only to have a slaver thank me for getting another week out of the slave, or saving a man from his mutated brother only to have him stay by the corpse and weep.
I wish there were more moments like that in the main game, where the "right" action doesn't always have the intended outcome.

The Pitt is closely trailed by Operation Anchorage but that's not for the add-on itself, mainly its rewards. You can get the best power armor in the game through it and power armor training through it as soon as you escape Vault 101. The Chinese Stealth Armor is even more amazing. When coupled with 100 sneak you're so invisible you can crouch walk by anything, right in front of it and not get discovered.

If I had to rank the others it would be Mothership Zeta, Broken Steel and Point Lookout coming in at a distant last place. Mothership Zeta, like Operation Anchorage, isn't all that great but you can get some decent gear from it. The alien energy weapons you get in the add-on aren't as great as the Alien Ray Gun you can find by the downed UFO in the base game, which is just weird. At least Mothership Zeta provides you with more ammo and the alien apoxy, which allows you to repair you equipped weapon sans having to break down a duplicate weapon. I found Broken Steel to simply be a dull extension to the main quest line. Brotherhood of Steel are the paladins of the wasteland and the Enclave are the evil empire, whatever. Point Lookout had a lot of potential that was just kind of wasted.
There's this hint, this taste of an epic two hundred year long feud that extends back to a period during/before the war that wiped everything out but it's never really expanded on. It doesn't help that the main characters in it are one dimensional, unlikable and have terrible dialogue and voice acting (Desmond in particular).
There was potential in the idea of Point Lookout but the writing wasn't really there and the rewards were terrible.

tldr:
1. The Pitt
2. Operation Anchorage
3. Mothership Zeta
4. Broken Steel
5. Point Lookout

Leveling up in Fallout 3 is pretty busted. At level 29 I had almost every single stat up to 100. A perk every level too is kind of ridiculous. The whole concept of a character build almost gets thrown out the window on the road to 20. At 30 that idea is completely gone, you pretty much are the master of, well, everything.

kennah

I need Homefront, Metro and Armageddon from that pack but am in Canada.

Got $6 in my Paypal that I'd give for those games if anyone wants to go halvsies. PM.

camerooni

Neo Member
Last few purchases I've noticed for Groupees bundles haven't been instantly completely.. It's like they sit in a 'not yet shipped' status despite them charging my card straight away - paying via Google Wallet.

I'm pretty sure it used to be instant? Or maybe I wasn't paying with Google?

EDIT: Only lasted about 10 minutes but still seemed strange - games showing in account list now.

Sullichin

Sold some games for some sweet, sweet Steam Wallet Credit at GameStop. I have $40 now. I don't see anything awesome on sale. How likely is it that Spec Ops: The Line will go on sale soon?

mannerbot

Sold some games for some sweet, sweet Steam Wallet Credit at GameStop. I have $40 now. I don't see anything awesome on sale. How likely is it that Spec Ops: The Line will go on sale soon?

Winter sale is so soon, you'll probably regret whatever you buy now unless you reaaaally wanna play it immediately or it's already 75% off.

Sullichin

Winter sale is so soon, you'll probably regret whatever you buy now unless you reaaaally wanna play it immediately or it's already 75% off.

Yeah, I figured. I have so many god damn Steam games because I can't help myself anytime something is on sale and i'm remotely interested. I should wait. Thanks

On another note, all of my non-steam games that I have added (and added custom grid images for) have disappeared from my Steam Library. Ugh. I have like 15-20 games to manually add back. Fuck this. Any easy fix?

Got my copy from Newegg last week. Installed through the disk because downloading from Steam would have taken ages on my 12 Mbps connection. It's like a 23GB game.

Alright, disc it is. I just wanted to ask because I thought I read somewhere that someone had to redownload everything off Steam again because the disc version didn't register on Steam or something.

Anyway, thanks HoosTrax for saving me $6 by purchasing BLOPS2 for me. =p

Preemptive link for said bundle?

Not available yet.

Salsa

man im just not playing videogames at all, and I bought a bunch

not doing shit either, just laying in my bed and sleeping a ton

summer arriving just puts me in the mood to not do shit I guess

Salsa

I have a tendency to buy games and not play them... >_>

Is that wrong? I can't resist a good deal.

well this is the steam thread, so, no, or maybe yes?

I dont do that as much, I always play one thing or the other but these last couple weeks ive been like BLEH

feel like im gonna stay this way till Hitman

xJavonta

Banned
Alright, disc it is. I just wanted to ask because I thought I read somewhere that someone had to redownload everything off Steam again because the disc version didn't register on Steam or something.
The disc version definitely does register on Steam. It asks for you key "found in the case" when you put the disc in. It will download a 300MB update once it's installed though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Metro 2033
Red Faction Guerrilla
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Space Marine

All redeemable on Steam
I already own all the Red Factions, heard lots of bad things about Homefront and am not interested in STALKER or Metro 2033. $10 for Space Marine sounds a little too much :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom