• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Just bought. We'll definitely shoot some bros/zombies together soon. Semblance, if you're out there, you better give us a holler if or when you get on board too.

I suck pretty bad too, which is OK as long as I don't take the game too seriously.

Haven't tried Zombie, first COD online since MW1 and I'm pretty much just a fuck off online. So not very serious here either.

Decided to bro up my name a bit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Brehs, does the Darksiders II Season Pass include all the relevant DLC?

For the most part. There's Death Rides, but the rest is just trivial crap (e.g. weapons with stats that make them useless if you've been playing for any substantial amount of time).

Doesn't the Darksiders 2 Season Pass feel a bit shaky? Will THQ even be around for that time/or be in a position the release anything else?

The last piece of Season Pass content is due this month.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Steam redeemable @ Gamersgate (use code G2PO for an additional 5% off):

Darksiders II - $16.98 / $14.93 with IGN discount / $13.58 with IGN discount & code: G2PO
Darksiders II Season Pass - $6.80 / $5.78 with IGN Discount / $5.44 with IGN discount & code: G2PO

Steam redeemable @ Amazon:

Darksiders II - $16.99
Darksiders II Season Pass - $6.79

Reminder that Borderlands 2, XCOM: Enemy Unknown & Chivalry: Medieval Warfare are 35% off with voucher GMG35-5BRU6-ZDRX7 at GMG.

So just 5% discount if I'm not with IGN?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Amazon had Modern Warfare 3 for $35 around last Xmas. A decent sale isn't guaranteed, but it's possible. I couldn't wait, but good luck.

Joe Molotov

Why do they insist on making everything so low res? If they don't also limit the palette of the artwork the game loses the authenthic old school-look they're aiming for, and instead it looks ugly and unprofessional.

The AGS engine that they use doesn't allow for anything higher than 1024x768. They've been asked why they don't use Unity instead, and they said it would take too long to make higher-res assets so they prefer to keep working in AGS.

Here's a quote I found:

Dave Gilbert said:
The low-res art is more a budget-related decision than an aesthetic or an engine-related one. Even if we were using Unity, we'd still probably use the low-res graphics. :)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Prototype 2 should not be supported even at that price, it does not work. I have been stuck at a ;padomg screen since buying it. Have tried all of the troubleshooting with no success.

That sucks. It worked fine for me in the two or so hours I've played it, but it doesn't run particularly well for such an average looking game. I'll probably never finish it but it seems pretty fun - more of the same but with a more 'cinematic' flair and some minor improvements here and there.

Nabs

Darksiders 2 is the midweek @ $17 bucks. 66% off.

Daily: Super Meat Boy is 80% off ($2.99). Get the soundtrack if you don't have it already.

Deadbeat

Banned
I would be shocked if even the first Blops is more than 25% off this year, it's still £39.99 2 years on...
It was on sale for 20 dollars earlier this year (which is when I bought it). North America pricing.

edit: or I had that coupon from the christmas sale. I dont remember now.

1-D_FTW

Darksiders II is on sale everywhere it seems

Honestly, that's kind of the way it works now. You can almost predict when something is going to go on sale on Steam because Amazon/Fill In The Blank have just had it on sale. It doesn't seem like games go on sale exclusively anymore. They may roll it out over a week or two, but everyone gets their time in the spotlight.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Do we must perform this dance every 6 months, life?

Steam Sales Rules:

1) Only buy games on Daily Deals
2) Wait until the last day of the sale to buy a game you want that wasn't featured on a daily deal.
3) If a deal looks too good to be true, take it. It probably is a mistake. (see rule 4)
4) Secret rule number 4: 75% off is a good enough discount, it'll probably never get more discounted than that. The only scenario where it'll get cheaper is when the regular price drops outside of a sale and then it goes for 75% off again on the next sale.

Special Autumn Sale considerations:

Daily Deal prices might not be repeated on the Winter (Christmas) sale, so rule number 1 still applies. However, it has happened before.

Regular non-daily discounts will likely either be repeated or topped on a daily featured sale in the Winter (Christmas) sale. Since that is only weeks away, rule number 2, "wait until the last day of the sale", actually means "wait until the last day of the xmas sale".

Errors still happen, so if a newish game is listed at 75% off when the sale comes up or the daily deals refresh, you might want to buy it. It's probably a mistake.
Sorry, this'll be my first winter sale, so I didn't know how different it was from the autumn one. Thanks for the info :)

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Regular non-daily discounts will likely either be repeated or topped on a daily featured sale in the Winter (Christmas) sale. Since that is only weeks away, rule number 2, "wait until the last day of the sale", actually means "wait until the last day of the xmas sale".

Exception being if it's 75% off just go ahead and pick it up at the Autumn Sale just in case, no point in waiting unless you're plan to buy the publisher pack or something.

Edit: Nevermind, missed rule #4 in general even though this is a bit at odds with it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Darksiders 2 is the midweek @ $17 bucks. 66% off.

Darksiders II is on sale everywhere it seems

66% off before the big Christmas sale and no DLC on sale? Watch it be 75% off including all DLC AND the season pass om Winter Sales and people complaining about it in the thread.

Sorry, this'll be my first winter sale, so I didn't know how different it was from the autumn one. Thanks for the info :)

I wasn't really complaining. I don't think the "autumn rules" were ever posted by anybody, that's just the thing I follow on most sales, actually. If I'm not going to play it anytime soon and it's not a Daily Deal, i'll just wait for the next big sale.

Exception being if it's 75% off just go ahead and pick it up at the Autumn Sale just in case, no point in waiting unless you're plan to buy the publisher pack or something.
That's why there's secret rule 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom