• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAF Is awesome!
So many people give games over here one can't help but feel how cool community this is.

I agree. It's amazing.

Do you think it has something to do with the neo staff controlling the influx of new people, so the community don't get to unfamiliar or outgrow itself into a reddit type thing? I know people from the gaming press who have tried to get accepted into neogaf for years. People who go to e3 and get world exclusives for their magazines. it's pretty selective it seems.

I agree. It's amazing.

Do you think it has something to do with the neo staff controlling the influx of new people, so the community don't get to unfamiliar or outgrow itself into a reddit type thing? I know people from the gaming press who have tried to get accepted into neogaf for years. People who go to e3 and get world exclusives for their magazines. it's pretty selective it seems.
I think it's both.
Adequate regulation of new users and pure raw love of gaming.
People here truly enjoy games, and want other people to enjoy them as well :)

AIRic

Quote this post to received via PM those game from the THQ bundle I already had ! :D
I hate people when people ninja'd games... :p

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Metro 2033

eyeless

Quote this post to received via PM those game from the THQ bundle I already had ! :D

Metro 2033
stalker plz?

edit: shouts out to airic, i be stalkin.

oipic

Metro 2033

Metro please?

EDIT: thanks, AIRic - you've made my day! Cheers mate.

Salsa

The question is, where's NiGHTS?

tumblr_lz9lfcwfer1r3zat8.gif

talk about a bad game

I'd say dani_dc gives a shit.

So it looks like they just add six TF2 promo items for Hitman Absolution pre-orders. I was playing and suddenly got six genuine items out of nowhere and was briefly confused.

That THQ deal is a good value, but the only title that I think I would really want is STALKER, which I assume will be rather cheap during the next Steam sale.

Well, I don't know much about Homefront or Metro 2033.

dani_dc

tumblr_lz9lfcwfer1r3zat8.gif

talk about a bad game

I heavily disagree, it's an excellent arcade game with a focus on high score with some great controls (though from what I understand the port has issues on that area). Few games allow for the flow that NiGHTS does.

Unless we're talking about the Wii game, in which case yeah, it's a bad game.

Yup I believe it will be Steamworks too, about NiGHTS... damn that's a good question, I really want to play it!

Since SA2 and NiGHTS were simultaneous releases on consoles perhaps we'll see NiGHTS this monday as well.
Though at this point I might just wait until the Holidays sales, I was ready to pay the price back in October and wasI was extremely disappointed when it was delayed on the release day. but the delay and the talk about the game controls not being up to standard with the Saturn version makes me think I should just wait a month. I suppose we'll have to see if I can resist, there's no way I won't play some Christmas NiGHTS this Christmas.

Firehead

I have a copy of Nuclear Dawn sitting in my inventory, first to post a drawing of a shark fighting a dragon gets it.

I tried...
The dragon is wearing the boxing glove on his head. Silly dragon, that doesn't even make sense. And shark, that glove won't fit on your fin. It's going to fall off. Along with you. You can't float. Silly shark and dragon.

Edit:

Aw... :(

naib

Dumb question. If I already own one of the games in the Hitman preorder bonuses can I gift it? I think I recall it warns you at checkout but I don't know how to check otherwise.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Dumb question. If I already own one of the games in the Hitman preorder bonuses can I gift it? I think I recall it warns you at checkout but I don't know how to check otherwise.

Nope. I never got a spare copy of Blood Money, which I was saddened about as I need to give that to some unfortunate souls who haven't experienced the glory.

I tried...
The dragon is wearing the boxing glove on his head. Silly dragon, that doesn't even make sense. And shark, that glove won't fit on your fin. It's going to fall off. Along with you. You can't float. Silly shark and dragon.

Edit:

Aw... :(

Aww... well bro, I can in turn gift it to you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom