• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I look forward to viewing these next couple weeks from behind a restricted mobile screen and to give all my horror recommendations and chatter with you all... and more~

Ozium

If i was a mod I'd ban everyone that posts the whynotboth gif/img when someone asks if they should get A or B.

Also ill ban people that post imgs/gifs of games without even saying what game it is.

I'd be a good mod.

but you scare mods away so wouldn't you just scare yourself into oblivion?

RIP

I'd be a good mod.

0nNaAF1.gif

Well, if the sale thread doesn't move too quickly, I have a fun* little surprise for you guys.

*Fun probably means sadistic

Where have you been?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
A community sticky spotlight seems like a good idea. Just like what AustraliaGAF has.

This is something we are about 90% sure on moving forward with in the new year.

yeah 5 topics about Drive Club or Bloodborne is so much better

Setting aside the obvious bad attitude in the complaint, I can walk you through our thinking. There are currently 0 topics about either on the front page. When a game (or movie or hardware or...) launches, we expect it to have a few threads it's being talked about in. This is typically something like a review thread, a spoiler thread, and an OT, but there are sometimes reasons for others. We also expect new threads every time there's major news or a big announcement for the game. That's OK. It would be weird if GTA5 wasn't a central focus of conversation at launch week. But we also want to make it possible to discuss other things, which is best achieved when threads that are very high volume (either due to many participants or chat room type posting) are not taking up limited slots. So after a month of being in Gaming or OT we typically move ongoing official threads into community. We also actively moderate to restrict the number of threads that pop up during this launch period, which is why we've locked maybe 18 or 20 Star Wars threads in the last week. It's about striking a balance, and I think we do a good job. The typical standard now is that high volume OT type threads get about a month in Gaming/OT before they get moved to community, and I think that works for us given the constraints of GAF's navigation system.

neoemonk

So much anticipation for that first wave of sales that usually just ends in me going "meh".

I love this time of year.

I should probably play my games some time.

neoemonk

The flash/dailies had me routinely checking Steam every eight hours. It was actually something I enjoyed. I find it strange that it will be missing this year.

Jazz573

5 minutes left. Well, this was a great year, and I'm glad I met you guys, even if I didn't really join SteamGAF until the summer. Either way, here's to another great year for SteamGAF! And with that, it's time for the seal! :p

I wish Steam users cared about the lack of dailies and flash sales as much as they do about a revolver in CS GO. We would have a written apology letter and the best dailies of our Steam lives by now!

The flash/dailies had me routinely checking Steam every eight hours. It was actually something I enjoyed. I find it strange that it will be missing this year.

On the bright side, you don't have to worry about staying up late hours just to see if a game you're interested might or might not be on sale. I hated staying up to 5 am.

Hektor

It was fun while it lasted. Can't wait to see ya'll in the Sale- and in the next Steamthread. And au revoir to those who won't make it unbanned 'til then. We'll miss you!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm typing up long horror game recommendations most will skim over and wonder why I talk so much about horror games all the time right as we speak.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks to jshackles for his great stewardship of the community thread over the last little while! :D

Thank you Stump for your excellent oversight of this great community. It's really been a pleasure SteamGAF. I'll of course still be around, and I'll be in charge of the SteamGAF GOTY voting taking place next month so stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom