• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Seal 2015 |OT| This isn't the account you're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Smash88:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Cause Collection -- MB-456827A5A2F45BC9 - Taken by JohnDoe8865. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-07B1A06C9A1A83F8 - Taken by gryvan. 8 entrants total.

t1451547931z1.png

Hope you all have an awesome 2016.

Just Cause Collection is just Just Cause 1 and 2 /w all DLC -- for those wondering.

Borderlands 2 made me physically ill (jokes expected). I was running Gaige with high anarchy and using some Hyperion guns. Apparently the guns wig out after a certain value and the recoil goes crazy.

Not driving drunk in GTAIV bad but still pretty shitty.

I also held off on Dying Light because I was nervous about all the blurring issues. Might as well wait for the EE version to see how it is then. I should buy something during this sale; probably.

Ozium

Maybe because I'm still high on Talos fumes or something but I think this is a better game than Portal / Portal 2 :O

I agree.. at least in regards to Portal 2.. the puzzles are very interesting and there are quite a few mechanics at play. Also the narrative and flavor text in the world is really good and a lot better than I expected..

Soulflarz

Banned
I said that I won't be back. But since it's holidays, I'm just back to post this.

Merry (late) Christmas and Happy New Year SteamGAF, enjoy.

You never learn to leave....a bullet or a scar
We're swimming with the shark again,
Returning where we are...we're turning....we're turning

(Good giveaway, you're awesome)

Everyone who has not played D4 go play D4
now

Did any of you need to go to a walkthrough or FAQ for Talos Principle? Some of the puzzles have stumped me for days and made me quit for a while. I guess that's kinda the point tho...

Nabs

So Talos causes motion sickness like Portal? Was tempted to buy but might not then. Could only play portal in 5 minute chunks w/o rushing to the toilet/sink.

Give the demo a spin and see for yourself. I don't usually feel motion sickness in games, and I don't really get what causes it.

it took me a good while to find a setting that worked and even then it wasn't quite there

i really can't place what it was that made me feel sick after playing it, it's really weird

like, playing dying light, which has like parkour and running and doing quick 180s to club on zombies and shit, is perfectly fine for me.

i don't know what's about it that makes me feel bad but it's awful

it's a pity cos the game's for the most part pretty great

I'm the same way. I can play any sort of quick FPS, or first person platformer with no problem. It's just the Croteam Engine that does me in every time.

Did any of you need to go to a walkthrough or FAQ for Talos Principle? Some of the puzzles have stumped me for days and made me quit for a while. I guess that's kinda the point tho...
It's possible, but I don't remember doing it. I would usually just take a break and come back later.

tmarg

Borderlands 2 made me physically ill (jokes expected). I was running Gaige with high anarchy and using some Hyperion guns. Apparently the guns wig out after a certain value and the recoil goes crazy.

Neither of the Borderlands games gave me any trouble, which is weird because they always get brought up in these discussions. I also never had any problems with HL2, but I still can't play the original Half Life.

zkylon

zkylewd
man, i can't wait for day after tomorrow and being 100% on vacations. i don't particularly enjoy the holidays so tomorrow is still kind of annoying to me (and i'll probably write an emotional neogaf post like i do every year), but day after it's just gonna be awesome, just gonna play pillars of eternity all day long and make smoothies

I think Croteam are just bad about that in general. I remember I got motion sick just watching the GB quicklook of Serious Sam BFE in a browser window.

Portal 2 actually made me a bit sick too, but nothing compared to that. I haven't played Talos.
i just wonder why that is tho

i think there's something about the movement speed of the character cos like half life 2 made my brother sick and in that game you just walk super fast and that's true for talos too

it's also cos you run and there's no like appropriate headbobbing that feels like a real head or anything, something like that

i'm really intrigued about what the exact combination is

I said that I won't be back. But since it's holidays, I'm just back to post this.

Merry (late) Christmas and Happy New Year SteamGAF, enjoy.
welcome back you big dumbo

make it a new years resolution to learn something

you dumbo

SO I found Civ IV: Colonization on Steam. It's a 2008 remake of the original. There is apparently an incredible free mod (R&R 2.4), and for $4.99 I think this will scratch my itch nicely.

It was on page 35 of 36 in turn-based single player games....

Kaleinc

Banned
Hyperion guns are as if a gun was attached to a crazy hamster, tried once and never picked that garbage again.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I want to buy Talos but isn't it getting VR soon? I feel like I should just wait until the Vive comes out to play this game.

Smash88

Banned
I agree.. at least in regards to Portal 2.. the puzzles are very interesting and there are quite a few mechanics at play. Also the narrative and flavor text in the world is really good and a lot better than I expected..

You know what makes me sad, seeing the dev commentary on Portal 1/2, when they were talking how they had to dumb down the puzzles because their idiotic playtesters didn't understand the puzzles. I had no challenge during them - it baffled me how streamers during the release couldn't even understand how to finish them either. I bought Talos Principle during this sale, and definitely hope the puzzles at least are more difficult and elaborate, which seems to be the main talking point whenever the game is brought up.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You know what makes me sad, seeing the dev commentary on Portal 1/2, when they were talking how they had to dumb down the puzzles because their idiotic playtesters didn't understand the puzzles. I had no challenge during them - it baffled me how streamers during the release couldn't even understand how to finish them either. I bought Talos Principle during this sale, and definitely hope the puzzles at least are more difficult and elaborate, which seems to be the main talking point whenever the game is brought up.

OK there, The Wizard.

NewFresh

Last one for today
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warlock: Master of The Arcane -- MB-A0884FF4BBDF079B - Taken by neonglow. 1 entrants total.

t1451549251z1.png

I know the modbot said no thanks was necessary Smash88, but how the hell do I NOT say Thank You? I've only ever briefly played JC1 on X360, so this is a real treat for me!

So I won't say thanks, I'll say I really appreciate it. :p

Stall19

Just got a computer that can play high end games and having a blast playing the Tomb Raider reboot, any other game similar to it on Steam?

Tizoc

Just got a computer that can play high end games and having a blast playing the Tomb Raider reboot, any other game similar to it on Steam?
Far as i can tell that's the only uncharted-like game on steam
Play the older games for an adventure platformer experience though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yeah, Valve has traditionally deftly balanced creative vision and player input, but I agree that it leaned a little too far to the right vis-a-vis Portal 2. Talos won't disappoint, especially if you go chasing after the stars.

slash3584

So at the end I got:

Crypt of the Necrodancer - Really fun game, totally recommended. A must for fans of rhythm games.

Dungeon of the Endless - played for about an hour. Cool take on the tower defense thing. Of all the games this felt the one with most depth.

The Escapists - love the whole jail role playing stuff and it's fun to play, but felt like it could be lacking content.

Defender's Quest - another great take on the tower defense games. Didn't play much, but it deems deep.

Empire TV Tycoon - love tycoon games, but played this for about an hour and I didn't have much fun. Wanted a more building/developing kind of game, but this one felt a little barebones. It felt like even those Kairosoft games had more content.

Still looking to spend 10-20 more bucks, so any recommendations are appreciated.

Also, add me :D

http://steamcommunity.com/id/slash_3584

Tizoc

So at the end I got:

Crypt of the Necrodancer - Really fun game, totally recommended. A must for fans of rhythm games.

Dungeon of the Endless - played for about an hour. Cool take on the tower defense thing. Of all the games this felt the one with most depth.

The Escapists - love the whole jail role playing stuff and it's fun to play, but felt like it could be lacking content.

Defender's Quest - another great take on the tower defense games. Didn't play much, but it deems deep.

Empire TV Tycoon - love tycoon games, but played this for about an hour and I didn't have much fun. Wanted a more building/developing kind of game, but this one felt a little barebones. It felt like even those Kairosoft games had more content.

Still looking to spend 10-20 more bucks, so any recommendations are appreciated.

Also, add me :D

http://steamcommunity.com/id/slash_3584
Go get the ys series
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1161737
Thank us later ;)

So at the end I got:

Since you like the prison setting of The Escapists and simulation types might I suggest Prison Architect?

KainXVIII

Maybe someone need it, enjoy =)

ModBot said:
Instructions for KainXVIII:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KainXVIII, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Biblioteca (Desura) -- MB-B17C4D3CC3294834
ulgzbKC.png
Amygdala (Desura) -- MB-829E338520F1CC29
The Body Changer -- MB-AB27C058222C05C7 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 8 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
3030 Deathwar (Desura) -- MB-50F2718FE93C8306

t1451560891z1.png

Stall19

Far as i can tell that's the only uncharted-like game on steam
Play the older games for an adventure platformer experience though.

I'll probably get the bundle for the older games. Guess the only thing to do is wait until Rise of the Tomb Raider comes out on PC

If you miss old-school circle-strafing arena shooters, check out Ziggurat

It's easily the most well-executed FPS roguelite I've played and I've played most of them

Nice visuals, a lot of upgrades, a ton of satisfying weapons, tight controls, very varied enemies

$5.09 (66%)

Dsyndrome

Meant to knock out something Steam related while at my folks for Christmas, best I did was Dragon Quest IX and four endings for Steins;Gate. Will have to see if I can power through anything when I wake up to get one more before the New Year.

I remember Mind: Path to Thalumus being short, can't think of any others right now without my laptop in front of me.

Also, anyone that wants to add me, I'm Dsyndrome on Steam and PSN. Happy end of year everyone.

Intel

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161002.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Intel, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Life Is Strange -- MB-2BC0A2C342EA773A - Taken by opticalmace. 3 entrants total.
Episode 1.

t1451561791z1.png

Smash88

Banned
Seriously though someone please solve this. I already posted the answers to the calculus questions so now there's only some trivia questions left, and I don't think figuring out the rest should be a huge leap given the massive clue I gave.

I saw your puzzle, thought it was unique and fun.

I unfortunately I both own the game and I absolutely suck at riddles and math. Just hope you don't get dissuaded in the future, as it is a hard giveaway to get, and it seems you put some effort behind it. Just know I appreciate your giveaway uniqueness.

d00d3n

Did anyone do a rundown of great deals of quality games? I bought christmas gifts and some 1$ trash the first day, but I haven't kept up with the sale.

zkylon

zkylewd
so styx was really good, right?

it's 4~ usd on nuuvem, hmmm....

i'm also really thinking of getting crypt of the necrodancer

i'm not a fan of roguelikes and i have like zero rythm sense but listening to the music on the giantbomb podcast thing makes me want it real bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom