• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellaris - Paradox Dev Studios new sci-fi grand strategy game

mcz117chief

It is starting to get REALLY hard to put more people in there. I hope we are almost done :D

Worst case scenario, Microsoft Galaxy will have to give up a tendril or two ;)

5Ju8Njw.jpg

mcz117chief

Well, that's enough for me, it's 0:31 over here and I have to get up for church tomorrow (today?) so, good night, good morning, good afternoon, good evening or whatever else you might have.

See you all later <3

KingK

I bought EU4 a few weeks ago when I picked up a new computer. I've played a lot of civ but it's my first PDS game and I'm loving it so far (started as the Ottomans first).

Definitely picking this up on release.

The hype is real got my nova pre ordered can't wait for launch. Thinking of starting as a super religious squirrel race something about worshipping a god like acorn seems about right. Would love to be added to the image as The Tree House.

krpiper

If I am familiar with strategy games like Civ 5, and have dabbled in a few paradox games (CK2 mostly) but haven't every got very far, partially because my European history is lacking :p

Is this game going to be easier to get into? Any talks on the tutorial or will I have to go to Youtube like Quill?

Also is GMG the best place to get this game so far?

Nzyme32

If I am familiar with strategy games like Civ 5, and have dabbled in a few paradox games (CK2 mostly) but haven't every got very far, partially because my European history is lacking :p

Is this game going to be easier to get into? Any talks on the tutorial or will I have to go to Youtube like Quill?

Also is GMG the best place to get this game so far?

Definitely easier to get into.

There is a tutorial character that helps you throughout a game if you choose to have it. Also the game starts as 4x (like Civ) but as you progress through a game, it will eventually become a mix of that and grand strategy (like crusdaer kings / Europa Universalis). The learning curve is no way near as steep as you'd expect thanks to this gradual progression and tutorial stuff, but retain all the complexity and possibilities

Definitely easier to get into.

There is a tutorial character that helps you throughout a game if you choose to have it. Also the game starts as 4x (like Civ) but as you progress through a game, it will eventually become a mix of that and grand strategy (like crusdaer kings / Europa Universalis). The learning curve is no way near as steep as you'd expect thanks to this gradual progression and tutorial stuff, but retain all the complexity and possibilities

The learning curve just seems to not exponentially shoot up like a lot of other Grand Strategy Paradox games. From everything I have watched it looks like the game gradually increases in complexity, rather than like CK2/etc all of a sudden being crazy complex. I cannot wait for this game. Someone please hit publish somewhere so while I have tonight and tomorrow off I can just play!!

I'm kinda glad the Overwatch beta is ongoing right now. Without it I'd be frothing from Stellaris hype and bored out of my mind... There's only so many pre-release streams I can bear.
One of the last updates. Remember, once the OT goes up, you can't be added :)

5Ju8Njw.jpg

Sunday the 8th of May.

space pls

Top Bottom